Deleted

howto RBG Dotcleave

Hi,

Im playing 'dotcleave' low rbs on my lock and boomie and was looking for some advice.
    To be clear, our matches are currently only at 1900 CR, so im not high experienced in rbg at all.
    The comp we run is almost always : disc holydin rsham warfc boom boom fire affli rogue dk

Now my question isnt about the classes im playing,
    but about the rbg tact in general.
    After reading another post about targetting in rbg
    I dont really know whats right anymore.

First aspect : DMG and Targets

My dilemma is, whn playing dotcleave,
    should the affli boomies fire just multidot all day long
    and spread dmg ? (this is what im doing most of the time,
    hence also topping the dmg in most rbgs)
    Or should we only multidot between the single target nukes ?

The person currently leading RBGs really wants single target nuking
    and hardswaps and doesnt really care about dmg spread and overall dmg done.

Is he right or wrong ?

I was just thinking, maybe the other boom and affli n fire should
    just play like me and keep all dots rolling on everyone in range.
    Thn the dmg will just be too much overall im sure.
    Meanwhile the dk and rogue can lockout any caster/healer
    that are in a decent range.

Second aspect : CC

Now about the cc.
    As I mentioned before, the leader wants single target nuke,
    overall lots of cc on everyone thats not our target, and some
    multidots in between that.
    Is this the best way to use cc in dotcleave?

On this subject I was thinking:
    Dont put too much cc on the dps to max out our dmg
    (so dont poly/blind all our dots off etc), just keep all dots up
    on every dps, and just use all ccs on the healers.
    (Dont take this too literal, ofc whn some rogue is locking a healer down im gonna clone him off for support..)

So what are your opinions etc ?
    As I said before, im only playing at 1.9 CR and have no exp leading rbgs.
    So be mercifull.

I don't do much PvP, so forgive my ignorance, but I assumed that was the whole point of DoT cleaves, that just like an Aff-Lock in 3v3, you multi-dot everyone and create so much pressure, and it's that constant pressure which makes them fold over time.

Deleted
    Thats my opinion aswell mate, but I have been reading so many different thoughts on it
    that I dont really know if im dead wrong or not.

Dot everything. Assist players to CC their own healer. Having a rogue/dk to constantly lock out a healer works really well, a shaman is easily locked down completly just by being poked by a rogue. By doing so, it will make the opponents tremble quickly. The CC on the healers is cruical!

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of playing Dot Cleave if you will just focus on hard swaps and single target?

You need to dot everything and their mothers. And a little advice, put a spriest instead of one of the balance druids. You will get additional dispel protection, insane burst in addition to excellent off-healing and dispels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dot up as much as you can while rogue and DK work healers. When playing Boomkin, save starfall for when your fire mage has combust ready. Make sure to call your CC and chain them with your teammates.

That being said, there will be times when a target is prime for a fast swap, so be prepared to alternate between multi-dotting and doing pve damage on a single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Arma NQG View Post

That being said, there will be times when a target is prime for a fast swap, so be prepared to alternate between multi-dotting and doing pve damage on a single target.

this. Spread pressure always, target caller looks for someone dropping and calls for the swap where ppl stop mindlessly tunnelling, all switch at the same time and you kill. if you fail you dont mindlessly single target you go back to spreading until target caller spots another potential kill target, the secret is in keep the spread dmg everywhere while switching QUICKLY for them few seconds..

I use this for strategies: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ground-Leading

As a warlock just put DoTs on everything, fear every once in a while, and that's really all you have to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dot everything, cc heals. If tc calls swap, make sure your dots are on him.