10+ Year Old Account

A question about Assassin's Creed on PC

Hey guys, so the last three AC games I bought 1, 2 & revelations were all on xbox but now that I'm more into PC gaming I'm deciding whether or not to get AC3 for xbox or PC so just wondering if someone who has played any AC game on PC could let me know how it's like on it, I've heard some mixed reviews about the games from ubisofts DRM to controls being a bit.. well, shit, so what's it really like?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    Hey guys, so the last three AC games I bought 1, 2 & revelations were all on xbox but now that I'm more into PC gaming I'm deciding whether or not to get AC3 for xbox or PC so just wondering if someone who has played any AC game on PC could let me know how it's like on it, I've heard some mixed reviews about the games from ubisofts DRM to controls being a bit.. well, shit, so what's it really like?
    People complain way to much about DRMs, so don't worry about that.

About the controls: I personally like the PC controls better, but if that's really a big deal you can just plug in a X-box controller.

Edit: Also, with the PC controls, you can just rebind something you don't like.
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-07-28 at 12:55 PM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    DRM? I have AC1&2 on PC, no DRM problems.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was mainly going of what people said on other sites, personally I've never had a problem with any game that's had DRM. Just a few more questions, what's the multiplayer like? Is it a big community?

The only problem in playing on PC is you need to wait more 3 months than console.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumpski's, would love to know more about multiplayer and online for PC.

Played the first one for a while on PC and refuse to give Ubisoft any more money.

The game is great, but make sure you have a controller, it doesn't play well on a mouse+keyboard.

And as for the DRM, as long as you have a steady internet connection (no hickups) and their servers aren't going down/being moved (like they went down a few times during the Steam sale lol) you're good to go. It all depends on if you think the game is worth supporting DRM or not.

I have played all assassin's creeds on pc with xbox 360 pad. Mouse/keyboard controls were awful for my taste.

Yeah definitely use a controller if you play on the PC. It feels a lot more natural to play with one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers guys, AC2 is like $9 for PC at EB so might pick that up to get a feel of the controls and then decide whether or not to get a receiver for the controller.