Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The thing is that you don't actually NEED a 0-CS support at low ELO which most people play at. The fact is that most AD carries in average ELO games will miss shitloads of last hits, enough that having someone else in the lane to pick up the scraps will probably work just fine. Not to mention most people who would play support at that ELO wouldn't have the competency to make split second decisions in teamfights that would help the team win, as opposed to them just playing Tryndamere and right clicking someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    The thing is that you don't actually NEED a 0-CS support at low ELO which most people play at. The fact is that most AD carries in average ELO games will miss shitloads of last hits, enough that having someone else in the lane to pick up the scraps will probably work just fine. Not to mention most people who would play support at that ELO wouldn't have the competency to make split second decisions in teamfights that would help the team win, as opposed to them just playing Tryndamere and right clicking someone.
    Problem I find with some champions like Tryndamere and why I never lock him in as a solo top or jungler in ranked is because if there is by chance a good player in the 1200 ELO but has been brought down by leavers and has had an unlucky time, then he will know how to counter one.

To me the biggest problem is people who usually I find are kids if they try to friend me and talk to me on skype that always rage. I mean literally I had a flawless game, kid friends me and I ask him how old he is on skype... Fucking 13 year old. I mean no shit he's pissy because he does not understand that playing a team game such as LoL is the same thing as work for a lot of people. You work together and if you rage then you aren't as efficient, of course we learn this towards the end of our teenage years (I hope) but it just baffles me the nerve of some kids and because of anonymity that they think they have every right to be a douchebag and get away with it.

I feel you OP, I really do because you're right about how the meta has been proven to be the most efficient but the problem is some people don't even know why it's the meta and just hear it for what someone else says even if it's not right... A prime example of something that has been exaggerated for quite a big amount of time is the KS issue which derived from supports getting a last hit on a champion when they AD carry had no problem getting the enemy. I'm in the 900 ELO due to partly in the beginning a few bad games on my part but I've noticed that it generally is people leaving or saying that they will feed when nobody surrenders just so they can prove that "We should have surrendered earlier because we're going to lose anyway", well no shit sherlock you caused that just so you could feel like a prophet.

I actually believe that more people at low ELO leave a game than in normal.

P.S. Draven sucks once somebody buys thornmail, don't play him.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I play unconventional supports that aren't flagged as such by Riot. So if I que in the support role I would be fucked out of some of my best champions for that role.

I don't think you realize how many people actually want to play support vs those that play it to be a good team member. If I had the option to que for roles, I would pick all but support because it is my least favorite role and my worst role. In blind/draft/solo-q I will play it though if we need a support on the team because I want a better chance at winning. Supports are the tanks of WoW. Few people want to play as one so the que will be the shortest for that role and the asshats of solo-q will que support then troll pick (if you don't limit picks) for a fast que.

They do care. They said they were happy and they wanted to expand that amount. If they were truely content with 70% of the champs being played, we would have never gotten Xin, Twitch, and Eve reworks. The Karma and Heimer reworks would have never been mentioned. The QoL changes and buffs to Cho'Gath next patch would never happen.
    This. And limiting champions would also remove the chance of switching champions in order to counter someone. (In the very, very rare case you do find a decent team who feels like doing this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    I play unconventional supports that aren't flagged as such by Riot. So if I que in the support role I would be fucked out of some of my best champions for that role.

I don't think you realize how many people actually want to play support vs those that play it to be a good team member. If I had the option to que for roles, I would pick all but support because it is my least favorite role and my worst role. In blind/draft/solo-q I will play it though if we need a support on the team because I want a better chance at winning. Supports are the tanks of WoW. Few people want to play as one so the que will be the shortest for that role and the asshats of solo-q will que support then troll pick (if you don't limit picks) for a fast que.

They do care. They said they were happy and they wanted to expand that amount. If they were truely content with 70% of the champs being played, we would have never gotten Xin, Twitch, and Eve reworks. The Karma and Heimer reworks would have never been mentioned. The QoL changes and buffs to Cho'Gath next patch would never happen.
    I FULLY agree with you on every point you have made. And they are definitely the tanks of LoL. While I have no ideas of my own, I'm sure there could be some fixes that would make the support role more enjoyable. I think the main reason is that hey...people want kills, mid and adc are easily the most sought after roles, simply because they rack the high kill counts more than any other role on average. IF riot were to make it so you could only pick from a set of predefined champions if you chose support, I'm sure they would reevaluate who they considered support, possibly even creating a poll or survey for players to help define what they consider support. I'm sure even some overlap is fine, I'm sure for instance Oriana could be placed in both support and mid, and there would rarely ever be conflicts over 2 people wanting her in the same game. The community is bad, but not hopeless in terms of fixing some long term issues.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 01:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Problem I find with some champions like Tryndamere and why I never lock him in as a solo top or jungler in ranked is because if there is by chance a good player in the 1200 ELO but has been brought down by leavers and has had an unlucky time, then he will know how to counter one.

To me the biggest problem is people who usually I find are kids if they try to friend me and talk to me on skype that always rage. I mean literally I had a flawless game, kid friends me and I ask him how old he is on skype... Fucking 13 year old. I mean no shit he's pissy because he does not understand that playing a team game such as LoL is the same thing as work for a lot of people. You work together and if you rage then you aren't as efficient, of course we learn this towards the end of our teenage years (I hope) but it just baffles me the nerve of some kids and because of anonymity that they think they have every right to be a douchebag and get away with it.

I feel you OP, I really do because you're right about how the meta has been proven to be the most efficient but the problem is some people don't even know why it's the meta and just hear it for what someone else says even if it's not right... A prime example of something that has been exaggerated for quite a big amount of time is the KS issue which derived from supports getting a last hit on a champion when they AD carry had no problem getting the enemy. I'm in the 900 ELO due to partly in the beginning a few bad games on my part but I've noticed that it generally is people leaving or saying that they will feed when nobody surrenders just so they can prove that "We should have surrendered earlier because we're going to lose anyway", well no shit sherlock you caused that just so you could feel like a prophet.

I actually believe that more people at low ELO leave a game than in normal.

P.S. Draven sucks once somebody buys thornmail, don't play him.
    Quick side note, great avatar/sig thing, Prince Zuko was awesome!

Yeah, it's also so frustrating to join a lobby and have a bunch of people like, lets double team mid! Or have 2 tops, or anything silly like that. FOLLOW THE META. There is a reason it is used in most games. Riot should honestly embrace the meta as it evolves and teach new players what it is exactly. The riot team needs to promote the more competitive playing "rules" so the community as a whole can get better from the ground floor when they first start the game. Even just HINTING at the meta in a brief tutorial would go a long way. I know if I heard that term I would google it and read up on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Believe it or not, the Meta is actually part of the reason Riot isn't doing this.

By setting up a queue like this, they'd essentially be setting the Meta in stone, with no way to deviate from it. How would you run a Jarvan / Leona kill lane when you have to sign up as AD carry for the bot lane?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Yeah, it's also so frustrating to join a lobby and have a bunch of people like, lets double team mid! Or have 2 tops, or anything silly like that. FOLLOW THE META. There is a reason it is used in most games. Riot should honestly embrace the meta as it evolves and teach new players what it is exactly. The riot team needs to promote the more competitive playing "rules" so the community as a whole can get better from the ground floor when they first start the game. Even just HINTING at the meta in a brief tutorial would go a long way. I know if I heard that term I would google it and read up on it.
    If Riot enforces the meta, it further limits their champion design and removes another fun part of the game, finding effective ways to counter the current Meta as a team. The Meta of today is not the same Meta that was around when the game began. I remember you used to buy a Sunfire Cape on EVERY champ regardless of role. Master Yi was viable as a melee AD Carry. Ranged AD Carry used to be sent mid and you only had a jungler if someone owned one of the select few champs that could clear it. Udyr was one of the scariest junglers since only a few champs had the necessary escapes to avoid his ganks.

The meta is constantly evolving and while it is constant for the time being, all it takes is a few changes and some new champions to change the meta.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 04:14 PM ----------

I just remembered something else. The meta doesn't work at every ELO and in solo que. I just played a game as support lulu (ironic, considering my stance earlier in the thread) with a friend who was playing Ashe. We got stuck laning against a Brand and a Varus. They would focus one person and since they had the superior damage they would come out on top during engages. We had to evolve our playstyle to be more aggressive and catch one of them out of place to win the engagement and pick up a kill. If I was with a random person we probably would have lost that lane.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    FOLLOW THE META.
    no.jpg

The Meta isn't the Holy Bible of LoL. The word itself comes from metagame analysis - a term used in gaming theory and ironically it is a method that is used TO ADAPT your strategy. And you want to set the result of the current iteration in stone, thus eliminating all strategical depth of the game? If there is anything Riot wants it is actually to break the Meta without wrecking their champion designs.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Its not the system thats the problem its the players wo act like that wo are the problem.

A system like LFG would be horible as it makes the meta a Must instead of a choice limiting the game alot.

Leavers have to wait 30 min u maybe 2 sec for the next group. Players wo ruin the game on purpose be banned.
    First off, who doesn't use the meta? Correction - who doesn't use the meta, and doesn't get yelled for it? Personally I'd love a LFG type thing because I love mid but rarely get it, but I'm 100% aware of why it's bad.

I do agree with what you said, though.