Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    if only i could
    Last edited by beanz; 2012-07-31 at 11:04 PM.

On the PTR the new blood fear only costs 5% HP but I agree that 30 second CD will give locks no reason to use the instead of the base fear with no CD and very short cast time.... Hopefully Blizz will drop the CD considering that the new mechanic will mean that the lock does not have control over who they fear and could lose the fear to a pet.

new blood fear, doesnt replace fear
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2013-01-14 at 07:43 PM.

WOW new blood fear

everyone will Know it's coming and either sick a pet on it, or be ready to trinket it and burst lock down while immune to howl of terror b/c they just trinketed

Fail Blizz....all this while giving warriors a 15% passive damage reduction and multi target fear....maybe you'll let us start wearing plate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    new blood fear, doesnt replace fear
    Yea i dont know why everyone is pissin' themselves. They never had this before MoP, they just removed offensive instant fear which is, in the eyes of other classes, a fair move.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    It's always like this, a new expansion starts, locks looking awesome then reality kicks in, chain nerfs due to a lot of reasons ( mostly qq) and then by the time release date is around the corner locks are just looking plain average
    Er, if the game were balanced perfectly then every class would be average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Er, if the game were balanced perfectly then every class would be average.
    Exactly, then it would depend on the player's skills not the class

What about something along the lines of Blood Fear being something you toggled on? When active melee hits against you fear the target for a short duration (3-5sec) but at the cost of a % of your health for each time triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    and break on sneezing dont forget the sneezing part !
    cant have melee getting feard can we ?
    Why is it when you're on the receiving end of Fear/Psychic Scream they feel like they last an ETERNITY, but when you're the one casting them, they seem to instantly break? >:|

Hate you fear.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    5% HP isn't a lot. Since it's a self casting buff it can be compared to a Nature's Grasp, but instead of a root its a fear.

From what I understand it no longer replaces Fear. It is a new ability just like the other two in the tier with no loss.

For my Demo lock in PvP I'm definitely going to take it. I see it as a buff. The casting time on fear is not that long. So we can have Mortal Coil, Blood Fear self buff, and our castable fear all together?

And with the fact that your pet won't damn near die by casting sac-pact since it only damages it fro 25% instead of 50% I see that as a buff as well.

I am disappointed in damage nerfs. But functionality I still feel warlocks aren't losing things. At least for Demo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vosch View Post
    5% HP isn't a lot. Since it's a self casting buff it can be compared to a Nature's Grasp, but instead of a root its a fear.

From what I understand it no longer replaces Fear. It is a new ability just like the other two in the tier with no loss.

For my Demo lock in PvP I'm definitely going to take it. I see it as a buff. The casting time on fear is not that long. So we can have Mortal Coil, Blood Fear self buff, and our castable fear all together?

And with the fact that your pet won't damn near die by casting sac-pact since it only damages it fro 25% instead of 50% I see that as a buff as well.

I am disappointed in damage nerfs. But functionality I still feel warlocks aren't losing things. At least for Demo
    You are only giving yourself a big chance to waste it on a pet or to DR the wrong target what can lose you the game.
    And as demo you really should be using howl or fury instead of coil, depending on what partner you have. Coil is only good for destro when you cleave it with havoc.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    It's always like this, a new expansion starts, locks looking awesome then reality kicks in, chain nerfs due to a lot of reasons ( mostly qq) and then by the time release date is around the corner locks are just looking plain average, and talents aside, the actual specs lost their hype imo after all the constant changes and nerfs and twists, in the end it's just going to be the same as it is live , only difference is you have some new spells to fit in and lose some old spells. nothing fresh.
    Yup, we always get promised this and that. Now we're reduced to where we always end up. Still decent but no where as good as a mage or spriest. Way to go B.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    You are only giving yourself a big chance to waste it on a pet or to DR the wrong target what can lose you the game.
    And as demo you really should be using howl or fury instead of coil, depending on what partner you have. Coil is only good for destro when you cleave it with havoc.
    I run 2s with an FDK. They are very good at making sure I don't get double melee on me so having the self heal component of mortal coil to me is > than Howl or fury. But I don't have an issue swapping to either for 3s or 5s play as they excel in the larger grouping. Or RBGs.

And yes, it could be lost to a pet. That's true.

But if you don't lose your normal fear then I don't see it as a net loss. The other two are too HP costly to be worthwhile for their functionality IMO.

And if there's a hard hitting melee on me actively I can see popping BF and getting them off me as a great addition.

I know, things could always be better. But I would prefer to weave the changes into how I play and make the most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by brando9000 View Post
    On the PTR the new blood fear only costs 5% HP but I agree that 30 second CD will give locks no reason to use the instead of the base fear with no CD and very short cast time.... Hopefully Blizz will drop the CD considering that the new mechanic will mean that the lock does not have control over who they fear and could lose the fear to a pet.
    He is correct, Blood fear is 10% hp, considering that this thread was created like 6 months ago ^^

sigh, first, brando9000 necro'ing a post that was made in july last year for your first post is just silly, the topic might fit what is happening now but the content in the post is so different , most comments pre-necro are not even focused at what you're discussing now.

Also to all the people quoting me and other people in a several months old post is retarded, what we meant and discussed back then has changed a lot, there's really no valid argument to talk about atm, what happened back then has happened, been discussed, changed and dropped period.