Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Cool Blood fear not worth it after nerf

Lets face it Blizz, a blood fear with a ten sec cd and 10% hp cost is useless now in pvp when compared to a spammable, unpenalized (I think stacks with haste now)regular fear. Fear is extraordinarily important for locks in a pvp setting as it provides peels and control over healers and moreover locks have been in the business of chain fearing and blanket silencing for a very long time. Pve'rs of course would never opt for blood fear anyhow as it provides only utility thus making this a talent choice completely and utterly invalid. May I Suggest this talent either be reverted back to its 5 sec cd or removed entirely because as it is now, it feels like a talent choice that actually makes an ability worse.

Locks lack of self peels in Mop will make us healer reliant once again like cata (resto shams only reason locks are viable). In cata at least we have coil and howl, now we're forced to choose between the two of them. And they're not nearly enough given the amount of counters all classes have. I can admit locks numbers were op but MoP has further nerfed locks as far as utility goes (Thats all we have in Cata).

My suggestion would be to make howl baseline and get rid of blood fear as its NOT BETTER THAN REGULAR FEAR anymore and come up with a couple new talents.

CHEERS

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, can't disagree.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you. I never liked the tier anyways.

Deleted
    Good, instant fear was completely unneeded and really over powered. should be a heavy trade off for having it tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    Good, instant fear was completely unneeded and really over powered. should be a heavy trade off for having it tbh.
    Yeah a heavy trade off like losing a spammable fear.

Most of our talents are looking like garbage now.

It's always like this, a new expansion starts, locks looking awesome then reality kicks in, chain nerfs due to a lot of reasons ( mostly qq) and then by the time release date is around the corner locks are just looking plain average, and talents aside, the actual specs lost their hype imo after all the constant changes and nerfs and twists, in the end it's just going to be the same as it is live , only difference is you have some new spells to fit in and lose some old spells. nothing fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    It's always like this, a new expansion starts, locks looking awesome then reality kicks in, chain nerfs due to a lot of reasons ( mostly qq) and then by the time release date is around the corner locks are just looking plain average, and talents aside, the actual specs lost their hype imo after all the constant changes and nerfs and twists, in the end it's just going to be the same as it is live , only difference is you have some new spells to fit in and lose some old spells. nothing fresh.
    This is exactly the problem though, nothing fresh. I don't see people crying foul over symbiosis.. maybe people aren't intelligent enough to wrap their head around how op that spell is?

"blood fear is too op, it's an instant cc no class should have" *gets sapped by rogue* huh?

You think thats bad... just wait til the week before launch when us locks get another flat 12% nerf or even more. The fact that the we have to give up so much HP just to do anything in that tier makes all of them worthless pvp wise. And only Burning rush would be even remotely worth it in pve
    Last edited by Vanamman; 2012-07-28 at 09:49 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    well 10 second cd fear is really useless if you looked from a pvp view. none of the hardcore pvp players will give that talent in my opinion.

To make Blood Fear more attractive... Fear is now a 5 second cast.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    To make Blood Fear more attractive... Fear is now a 5 second cast.

Have a nice day.
    and break on sneezing dont forget the sneezing part !
    cant have melee getting feard can we ?
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

What I gather from this thread: PvP turns locks from great to suck over the course of a beta. Thanks, PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

It's goign to be useless in arenas, but not really in BGs. In BGs I rarely use it tbh so the 10 sec cooldown is nothing.

i like unbound will personally.

blood fear vs fear reminds me of the spriests who'd multidot with sw because it's instant instead of VT, even though when you factor in the GCD there wasn't much of a difference.

locks are going to be able to get dots up FAST on a regular basis, it will be easier to cast fear now than it was to get dots rolling before and unbound will can come in useful against nearly every class. if you can't get a fear off you haven't been able to get dots rolling anyway

the 20% health seems like a bit much but we'll see how it ends up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    No more OP than instant stuns, or pretty much anything a feral druid can do. So you admit it now needs to be re-designed, good. Warlocks don't have as much CC as before. Most classes don't. This is the sort of trade-off that makes the spell useless.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Fear has a 1,45s cast time with lvl 90 pvp gear and 5% haste aura, its obvious for anyone that blood fear wont be of any use to anyone.
    Problem with fear/blood fear on beta was that it wasnt breaking on damage not that it's instant, imo the 1st blood fear without any cd was fine, since no one in their right mind would spam it at a 10% health cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Yep, can't disagree.
    neither can i :[..

Deleted
    Warlocks are my passion locker lock lock

Quote Originally Posted by Warsfeil View Post
    well 10 second cd fear is really useless if you looked from a pvp view. none of the hardcore pvp players will give that talent in my opinion.
    Most r1 players I've seen (Not warlocks) say that 10 sec is still OP and it should go to atleast 15 sec CD so yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    Most r1 players I've seen (Not warlocks) say that 10 sec is still OP and it should go to atleast 15 sec CD so yeah
    And r1 warlocks say it's underpowered with 10sec cooldown.
    Nowadays I can easily cast several fears in a 10sec window without having anyone interrupting me so I don't really see why other classes whine about it being OP, Especially classes like warriors, rogues and deathknights seem to QQ a lot about this, despite being the least affected by fears