Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What to play until MoP hits?

Really didn't know where to put this, so yeah, there goes nothing!

Anyway, there's little for me to do in WoW at all anymore, and as such, I am looking for a game that will keep me occupied for some time, at least until MoP hits.
    I am infinitely bored these days, just having finished up most of the older titles I own on my PS3.

I'd only like PC game suggestions for a variety of reasons.

Games I've played and liked:

GTA IV (Well, the franchise in general).
    Need for Speed (all games, essentially, finished most)
    Call of Duty (mooost games, they don't appeal much to me anymore)

Haven't tried BF3 yet, worth the money?

Throw any suggestions, please, I'll have a look at all of them.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I recently got into Pokemon White, which is weird since the last pokemon game I played was red, waaay back in the day when it first came out. I am enjoying it a lot. In a month, you should pick up Guild Wars 2 and that will keep you occupied.

bf3 is worth the buy ... there are ton of games on steam to choose from that i'm sure you will find something on there.

Played episodes from liberty city? It will keep you entertained for a few days (depending on how much you play per day ofcourse lol)
    Otherwise resident evil 4/5, left 4 dead 2 if you can get guildies to play with.
    Gran Turismo 5 (i know you prefer pc games but it will keep you occupied for a long time if you enjoy race games).

i heard cataclysm pretty good

Play League of Legends. It's free, and you have to work for some things (champions, runes, etc) so you won't get bored quick.

Deleted
    I would suggest Smite a game like Dota, LoL, HoN, but just seen like in WoW, it's F2P.
    That game I have spent many hours on lately

I dont get why people make these threads, there are tons of games out there, spead 30 min browsing steam.

I've been playing rift

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont get why people make these threads, there are tons of games out there, spead 30 min browsing steam.
    No harm in asking.

SCII is great for killing time but is expensive. League of Legends is a great call since it's free and you can jump in and play right away. Team Fortress 2 is also something you can look into if you like multiplayer FPS games.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I got Assassins Creed 2 the other day and it's pretty enjoyable now.
    Ragnarok Online is worth a try too, but it is only available on private servers (RebirthRO is the real deal)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Because they're too lazy to do that and they'd rather you do the work for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asking the opinion of other people isn't a bad thing. Just browsing games on Steam doesn't really do much as it just has a summary of what it is. The Steam forum generally can be unhelpful, as it's usually complaints or bug fixes or what not. Not a lot about the game.

Like I recommend playing:

Recettear
    Metro 2033

However these are just my opinions.

I personally dislike BF3, doesn't mean that the OP will also dislike it. It's just suggestions.
    If someone enjoys something, it's possible he/she may enjoy it too, he/she may also dislike it. It's just a matter of taste.

Left 4 Dead 2 is a fun game or ive started to play Diablo 3 again

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Asking the opinion of other people isn't a bad thing. Just browsing games on Steam doesn't really do much as it just has a summary of what it is. The Steam forum generally can be unhelpful, as it's usually complaints or bug fixes or what not. Not a lot about the game.

Like I recommend playing:

Recettear
    Metro 2033

However these are just my opinions.

I personally dislike BF3, doesn't mean that the OP will also dislike it. It's just suggestions.
    If someone enjoys something, it's possible he/she may enjoy it too, he/she may also dislike it. It's just a matter of taste.
    Recettear is fun, but you wont really play it for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Recettear is fun, but you wont really play it for too long.
    Well that depends on how insane you are. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Play the AH in WoW. Can never have too much gold for when an expansion hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well that depends on how insane you are. :P
    If you are pro you can finish the story in maybe 6 hours. If you want to do everything else after would probally take another 6 or so. Unless you like selling little girls candy...

Deleted
    Get yourself Team Fortress 2 tbh. F2P, variety of game types, funny animations/quotes, my other half spends half of his life playing it xD There's also the SourceFilmMaker which has yielded some awesome material, if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm with the pokemon suggestion too, last played the games about 2 years ago, between White, Minecraft, PvZ (it's too awesome not to return to it!), Skyrim and my other hobby (sculpting) I'm pretty content not to play WoW (wouldn't be subbed now if I hadn't gone in for the Annual Pass, gave me D3 for free as I'd never pay for it - personally it was a complete let-down) and I'm waiting for GW2 which will probably be my main game instead of WoW which has occupied 99% of my free time since I started playing it 4 years ago.

Shame you didn't ask about a week or so ago, Steam's Summer Sale was on, some unbelievable bargains to be had then, things like Amnesia, Psychonaughts, Legend of Grimrock and a ton of others at dirt-cheap prices. But if you're not so hard up for cash, there's always those options too

10+ Year Old Account
    I go with L4D2 or TF2. TF2 is F2P. L4D2 is nice to screw around with. The AIs are a bit retarded though.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-07-28 at 11:56 PM.