MoP Arms or Fury?

Like the title says, what's the numbers looking like between the two for PVE content? I'm hoping that Fury is made viable again, since with my Warrior now being an Orc the idea of an Orc berzerker wielding two big weapons is pretty damn cool, but being a raider I go with whatever is going to make me more viable for my raid team when I'm not tanking.

At the moment fury is better mainly due to being less rage starved.
    sadly without a proper rage flow i cant give any solid comparison. However i expect more changes to rage later i don't see them going thru with the current rage mechanic and it they did (tbc) it will get buffed again in my opinion.

I have also heard arms has some rage issues. How does fury seem to be in comparison to other dps? I'm getting a little bored of fury so if they are mediocre then I will be looking for a new class.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sure hope fury is more viable than it was in 4.3, miss duel wielding >,<

I'm playing the beta quite alot, and since the MS is around 160-220 its quite laggy and hard to say.. but i can verify that Arms has some problems with rage at the moment, and this is from doing heroic 5 man dungeons. But the dps output from fury is quite bad overall.. with that said.. i still think that Arms is superior at the moment..

BUT seeing all the epics(dungeon,raid) beeing implemented atm we can see that they are made for fury specc, with alot of haste on it.

It's still beta and alot of things can happen.

Gear Made for Fury?

Most, if not all of the gear from raids are littered with Crit/Mastery in comparison to Haste.
    And while Fury likes Haste slightly more than Arms, it's still a horrible stat overall.

If the gear was designed with Fury in mind, we'd see a lot more Crit/Hit pieces than we currently do.

Both TG and Arms currently output the same DPS at around ~1k difference, which is in favor of Arms.
    I also wouldn't say Arms has a major rage problem either. If you stick to purely single target you'll have no rage problems.
    You won't be hitting Heroic Strike very often. Only instead of Slam when math has decided when HS outdamages Slam with TFB Stacks.

While I do agree both specs could use a little more rage generation, it's mainly from a utility and AoE standpoint.
    Piercing Howl, Shattering Throw, Impending Victory all cost very valuable rage that detracts majorly from our single target rage pool.

Meanwhile, On the AoE scale, Ironically Arms and Fury will be switching places in MoP.
    Heavy AoE fights you'll probably pick Titan's Grip (does not apply to SMF) and going with Bladestorm.
    Bladestorm hits with both weapons. While Arms will be used on any major Cleave fights thanks to higher uptime on Sweeping Strikes and thanks to the Glyph easy to keep up.

So right this moment as of Build 15913
    Arms >= TG >> SMF.

Logs:
    Arms: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...um/damageDone/ - Active Time 642s, 30 Million Damage. 46k
    TG: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...um/damageDone/ - Active Time 693s, 31 Million Damage. - 45k
    SMF: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...um/damageDone/ - Active Time: 726s, 29 Million Damage. - 40k

REMEMBER: No Trinkets were worn, and only buffs, and debuffs I could provide were used. Damage is also lower due to no critters to blast away with Dragon Roar (aka in Stormwind.) While these are done in build 15882 era, Rage has been increased since then, and Dragon Roar's damage has been decreased.

So they should still hold water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you post your exact gear setup w/ reforging+talent/gyphs so it can be easier with comparing other logs on hand.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    I'm playing the beta quite alot, and since the MS is around 160-220 its quite laggy and hard to say.. but i can verify that Arms has some problems with rage at the moment, and this is from doing heroic 5 man dungeons. But the dps output from fury is quite bad overall.. with that said.. i still think that Arms is superior at the moment..

BUT seeing all the epics(dungeon,raid) beeing implemented atm we can see that they are made for fury specc, with alot of haste on it.

160 is quite laggy? Jesus how nice it must be so close to Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    At the moment fury is better mainly due to being less rage starved.
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    sadly without a proper rage flow i cant give any solid comparison.
    Mitt Romney, do you play a warrior?!

The 1st statement is incorrect. Fury is very rage starved currently and needs adjustment. I think they are going to be tweaking the numbers again. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...15?page=18#350

I have seen Arms doing more damage currently simply because you have more rage to spend and get to mash Slam often. With Arms I am swimming in rage and get to press Slam to burn it off quite a bit. In fact I have to make sure that I don't rage cap and not press the free overpowers that are always procing, and make sure I press Slam to burn it off. However fury, both SMF and TG, don't seem to be too far behind.

Fun factor wise I am liking Arms much more currently. I am almost never standing around waiting for rage. Quite a few of the melee specs in beta seem to require a lot of waiting around to do something, and from the discussion in blue posts this is as intended. They really want us to have the ability to push more buttons as the gear gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Can you post your exact gear setup w/ reforging+talent/gyphs so it can be easier with comparing other logs on hand.
    Sure: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...WNGcxWlE#gid=0
    It's a modified version of my gear spreadsheet, while it's not as pretty as chardev, I'm not sure it's updated to MoP Beta. Haven't been there in a while.
    For TG, Just Mirror the Offhand, and for SMF use the 1H PvP Swords of the same ilvl.

Anyhow, Juggernaut, Impending Victory, Piercing Howl, Dragon Roar, Mass Spell Reflection, Stormbolt is the talents for both Arms and Fury.
    Glyph Wise: Colossus Smash is the only real "Dps" increase, beside Heroic Leap which wasn't used. Though I think my Fury spec at the time did have Bullrush but the really only matters at the very beginning of the parse.

Stormbolt was used because at the time, you couldn't generate enough Rage to make them actually worth using compared to consistent damage of Stormbolt.

Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post

220ms laggy? Holy shit you should come live in Australia for a while. We're lucky to see those numbers on a perfect day.

OT: Like others have said rage seems to be an issue as Blizz has once again changed the way it works. To me it's not really rage at all but rather red runic power. You have some abilities that generate rage and then the ones that spend it. It's boring and will result in a rotation that is predictable and dull. As far as numbers go, Warriors seem to be doing pretty good. Not amazing but not horrible either. With less than 2 months until launch I'm afraid the new rage system is here to stay.

Sadface

Quote Originally Posted by chaddd View Post
    The 1st statement is incorrect. Fury is very rage starved currently and needs adjustment. I think they are going to be tweaking the numbers again. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...15?page=18#350
    Those statements from ghostcrawler are still remarkably awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylez View Post
    220ms laggy? Holy shit you should come live in Australia for a while. We're lucky to see those numbers on a perfect day.

Sadface
    lol i have 30ms on live server, you should come to sweden