Deleted

Resubbing MMORPGS

I am not sure which mmorpg to resub to, WoW, Tera, Swtor or Rift? Haven't played an mmorpg in a while so which one will give me the most content, fun, endgame and so on in your opinion?

One more question... which one looks to have a bright future?

don't resub to wow until mop comes out at least.
    not really sure about the other games but really do not resub to wow until mop comes out.

edit: also check to see if any of the games are doing free 1-2 week trials (with your account). I know wow did this in the past so worth checking.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-07-29 at 07:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well wow hasnt had any new content in agees now, but it's the only one with a real future out of the ones you mentioned.
    Just play whatever you found fun. Personally I'm not resubbing to wow till that MoP pre-expansion patch hits live servers with the events/new talent system etc. I wouldn't mind resubbing to SWTOR for a month just to finish my characters personal story.

Deleted
    I'd say go for TOR, try some of the new stuff. They're also releasing another content patch soon with the HK-51 companion, another flashpoint and another operation.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of Tera, you'll find a lacking of end game for the next 20~ days before the new patch arrives. I personally love it, but I'd love the new patch to come out.

I don't know how the others has fared however. WoW seems like it's in it's decline for now. Might as well wait for MOP if you wish to play.

SWTOR had a big patch, so there's quite a bit of new stuff.
    Rift I have no clue about.

Else it's just whatever community you wish or in Tera's case game play style. If you're US Tera you can buy chronoscrolls if the people your server has people buying em to sell.

Go with WoW once 5.0.4 comes out, go with Tera until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Well wow hasnt had any new content in agees now, but it's the only one with a real future out of the ones you mentioned.
    Just play whatever you found fun. Personally I'm not resubbing to wow till that MoP pre-expansion patch hits live servers with the events/new talent system etc. I wouldn't mind resubbing to SWTOR for a month just to finish my characters personal story.
    Rift has a thriving future ahead of it and great current content to boot

Deleted
    Is SWTOR a good choice?

No. 1 0 c h a r

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrothermia View Post
    I am not sure which mmorpg to resub to, WoW, Tera, Swtor or Rift? Haven't played an mmorpg in a while so which one will give me the most content, fun, endgame and so on in your opinion?

One more question... which one looks to have a bright future?
    WoW as always will be dead last when it come to content and the end game is the same for 6 months to a year. They really are a total joke when it comes to content release. When i still played it was good fun for a month or so then nothing for months.

Tera i cant really say as i only played the beta. Was fun but not enough for me to pay a sub for.

SWTOR i have to say is great fun the first play through on each side. When its time for alts tho then its 99% the same content again. Got very boring for me as i am a bit of an alt-aholic. So that killed the game for me. They up date at an ok bad pace.

Rift i find to be pretty good fun. They are the kings of content and they always throw some new stuff at you. So i have to say Rift

Well, lemme think...

WoW still has till pre-MOP to be interesting to me.

Rift has been fairly consistent with content.

SWTOR seems to be doing ok, but personally I am waiting to see if they go F2P.

Tera I believe is holding up, especially since with the chronoscrolls (Basically month subscriptions you can sell on the AH and typically can make the cash within a day)

At the moment I would say Rift.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would find something new to play. A F2P MMO will probably keep you more entertained than playing something you have already played and generated an opinion about, and it won't cost you any money if you don't enjoy it.

SWTOR & Rift both REALLY suffer from the lack of unique leveling experiences. You can pretty much level 1 char to max on each side in both games, and every other character you level will be doing the exact same thing. SWTOR has a distinct lack of end game, and Rift is very gear grindy. (Everything about Rift is from when I played for about 3 months after release, so it could have all changed in the interim.)

Haven't played Tera, so I couldn't say one way or another about it.

I would ONLY re-sub to WoW if you want to actually play a new class in MoP or something, or want to farm pets/mounts/transmog gear, or just generally don't mind spending your time just dicking around. Dragon Soul is ok the first time you do it, if you haven't yet, but it isn't going to keep you entertained very long.

Of this group I'd say Tera. It's fairly decent fun. All of them are fetch quest games though.