Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    /golfclap @ the distinguishing mosque from church. yet in the US a church refers to any group that meets certain criteria, regardless of what religion it is

So, a racist church, why cares and why should we make a thread about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    2 bad muslims dont marry in churches, because they are muslim.
    Going to attempt some odd logic here so lets all watch if it backfires.

Why aren't muslims allowed to marry in churches?
    -because they have different beliefs
    Is that massively different from trying to marry in a church that has beliefs against other kinds of people?

This isn't like black people being wrongly forced to sit at the back of a bus, it's a religion. Religions are like clubs, which have the perfect right to say who and who they do not want to have in their club. I haven't been baptized, but you don't see me trying to marry in a church, I married at the registers office. I did not even ask to be married in a church, even though it's tradition for everyone in my town.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    So what? Are other people gonna die if some kind of mental-ill people wont recognise their love-feelings? How stupid.
    Why did foolish people create that hypocritic "racism" term which everyone can use now to excuse their crimes against non-black people? Law must be the only power to judge people thus making they feel the same. Personal preferences don't have to do anything with that. If you don't like something happening in walls of your property you can kick that out. In fact, right now there are anti-democratic features of "some" countries who dare to call themself "omgzord democrats". To your question: no it didn't happen to me because in my country there are almost 0 black people. But we have our own racist problems here as well. All of them are law-execution problems which leads to racism.
    What are you on about.

Nobody here is saying that black on white racism doesn't exist. The point is it is completely irrelevant to this thread. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Furthermore where are your examples of black churches denying a white couple from getting married? Feel free to link sources.

Nobody is arguing against a business being able to kick out troublemakers or whatever, the fact is if you refuse to serve somebody purely because of their color that IS racism and it's wrong. You can see the difference between judging somebody by their actions and judging somebody by their RACE, which they obviously cannot help, right? Or can't you?

Deleted
    Jesus was a Jew and an Arab, just like everyone else from that area.
    Tell them that and watch their tiny racist brains explode.

OT : Sue the crap out of them. For once it's justified on the grounds of racial predjudice.

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post

Is that massively different from trying to marry in a church that has beliefs against other kinds of people?

This isn't like black people being wrongly forced to sit at the back of a bus, it's a religion. Religions are like clubs, which have the perfect right to say who and who they do not want to have in their club. I haven't been baptized, but you don't see me trying to marry in a church, I married at the registers office. I did not even ask to be married in a church, even though it's tradition for everyone in my town.
    There is no doctrine in christianity that says blacks can't marry...this isn't in the religion....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post

I honestly don't know if muslims are allowed to marry in churches, but i do know they do not do so, because they have their own traditions, of how a wedding should be, than the regulair christian way.
    Being racist isnt really something comparable sorry.

Straight white christian male: Playing life on hardmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    2 bad muslims dont marry in churches, because they are muslim.
    Umm I said married in a mosque, you know, a muslim holy place, learn to fucking read.

Quote Originally Posted by greysinsanderson View Post
    MS isn't the place for death-metalheads. that area is pretty redneck, blacks and whites. they still dogfight, chicken fight and hunt deer to eat and not mount.

MS is the most rural state left in the USA. some parts of it look like something from the 1800s still, little shacks, no running water, no electricity, etc

around 60% of the residents still don't have a landline phone
    Wow, as someone from Mississippi I did not realize I was living in a scene from Deliverance. It's amazing I can even respond without electricity and all. This has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have seen. At no point is Mississippi like something from the 1800s, without running water or electricity. I've been up in the Appalachian Mountains in TN, and if you wanna see little shacks, go there. There are small, out of the way stretches of land all over this country that are poverty zones, but the stereotype an entire state like this is ignorant and amazingly stupid. As far as the actual topic of this, it's disappointing to see in modern day America, but this is far from a Mississippi issue, and more of ignorant racial issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Umm I said married in a mosque, you know, a muslim holy place, learn to fucking read.
    Don't get so mad because someone misread what you said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    As am I.
    If you think life is hard for us, open your fucking eyes and smell the roses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    Or you could actually read posts before you reply to them. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    They should sue, and demand compensation for the fiscal and emotional damages sustained.

As for the blatant ignorance displayed by the members of the church... They're ignorant fools, plain and simple.

It's part of that whole supposed 'separation of church and state'

They can do what they want, sadly, including racism. Even if there was a law against denying to marry someone based on race, they wouldn't get very far in court suing a church.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    What are you on about.

Nobody here is saying that black on white racism doesn't exist. The point is it is completely irrelevant to this thread. 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Furthermore where are your examples of black churches denying a white couple from getting married? Feel free to link sources.

Nobody is arguing against a business being able to kick out troublemakers or whatever, the fact is if you refuse to serve somebody purely because of their color that IS racism and it's wrong. You can see the difference between judging somebody by their actions and judging somebody by their RACE, which they obviously cannot help, right? Or can't you?
    Church is not an institution of justice. There are so many churches that you can go 5 meters and merry in another one. No point in drama and racism labels at all. Especially no point in defending black people who are free now and have the same rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    Sorry if it came across as mad, because i'm not. The post was to outline the moral outrage that a minority religion in the US to deny a white couple would far exceed that of the majority religion to do the same.

Also you went out of your way to post a facepalm image, so you put extra effort in even when I didn't reply to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    It's part of that whole supposed 'separation of church and state'

They can do what they want, sadly, including racism. Even if there was a law against denying to marry someone based on race, they wouldn't get very far in court suing a church.
    You don't know what you're talking about.
    Racial prejudice is racial prejudice, and it is possible for people to sue the church, even on those grounds.
    It is a valid case that should be taken to court.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Church is not an institution of justice. There are so many churches that you can go 5 meters and merry in another one. No point in drama and racism labels at all. Especially no point in defending black people who are free now and have the same rights.
    Yes accepting people of other skin colours is comething Jebus might do.
    we can't have that.

Also, the fact aht there are multiple churches should not deter people from bringing this to public attention.

While this is obviously pretty awful, I don't really understand the incentive to try to get married in a church whose people hate you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Sorry if it came across as mad, because i'm not. The post was to outline the moral outrage that a minority religion in the US to deny a white couple would far exceed that of the majority religion to do the same.

Also you went out of your way to post a facepalm image, so you put extra effort in even when I didn't reply to you.
    Well a lot of people reply to quotes that werent a reply to them, is that so weird?

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 07:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    Or you could actually read posts before you reply to them. Just a thought.
    Yes because then, mistakes are impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Thanks for the sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.