Deleted

Just a questions to americans regarding to PSU's

Don't they sell Super flower golden green or XFX core editions in US or why i don't see anyone suggesting them? They are by far the best power supplies i have had, and all reviews say so too. Are they just not sold in US?

According to legit reviews those two are indeed usable, but nothing special. Super Flower bit overpriced, and XFX Core is the standard Seasonic rebrand quality. XFX PSUs have been often suggested here for the low end builders because they have really good value for price at extreme budget, but nothing special at high end.

And I'm not from USA either.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verxz View Post
    Don't they sell Super flower golden green or XFX core editions in US or why i don't see anyone suggesting them? They are by far the best power supplies i have had, and all reviews say so too. Are they just not sold in US?
    Call me ignorant but I wouldn't put anything with a name like "super flower" in my computer no matter what the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    XFX PSUs have been often suggested here for the low end builders because they have really good value for price at extreme budget, but nothing special at high end.
    I'd argue that XFX improved Seasonic's platinum platform and made it better than Seasonic's own.

Super Flower Power supplies (possibly the best string of words to grace the PC world) are really quite good. Problem is finding them, I understand they aren't *too* expensive, but damned if I've ever seen one.

I found one on amazon.com for sale by a partner

http://www.amazon.com/PSU-Super-Flow...per+Flower+680

190 bucks though.

Can't find any on newegg, ncix, tigerdirect or best buy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Call me ignorant but I wouldn't put anything with a name like "super flower" in my computer no matter what the quality.
    Thats why i said super flower GOLDEN GREEN. Only the golden green (and golden king?) are the good series. Other super flowers are pretty horrible indeed. Regarding to the pricing, 800W (900) modular golden green costs 125 euros here. 450W (550) costs 65 euros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verxz View Post
    Thats why i said super flower GOLDEN GREEN. Only the golden green (and golden king?) are the good series. Other super flowers are pretty horrible indeed. Regarding to the pricing, 800W (900) modular golden green costs 125 euros here. 450W (550) costs 65 euros.
    Maybe but you missed the point. I simply do not like the name weather it be referring to just normal flowers or the ones found in Super Mario Brothers.

Deleted
    Okay. Would you explain why exactly you wouldnt get super flower golden green series into your rig? Just because its name is "super flower"? Really?

E: Didn't mean to offend in anyhow, just haven't seen anyone deny hardware due to the manufacturers name.

Last edited by mmoc42bd50c14d; 2012-07-30 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds not manly and 2nd it could be confused with something from Super Mario Brothers. Wouldn't want my rig to seem like a console lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    It sounds not manly
    Anybody who admits to putting something called "Super Flower" in their rig has more balls than most IMO.

SF aren't sold in the states, that's why. Their Golden Green and Golden King series are indeed world top.

There's a general rule for Super Flower: they offer +100W (over listed) with one less efficiency level.

Anyone claiming SF Golden green being bad quality hasn't ever looked at their reviews.

And they're not expensive at all, Golden green's price is equal to Antec's HCG and Corsair's HX.
    Last edited by Gouca; 2012-07-31 at 10:35 AM.

Forget what anybody says. When it comes to computers, especially on this forum, people are going to be biased.

The only thing I can say is do your own research.

Seriously, that is the best thing you can do. If you're afraid of a PSU not being enough to power your box, then do research and save some quid. That PSU might be enough, or it might not.

Unless of course you are trying to get us to do your research for you.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."