Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Inb4 troll attempt :<

No but really, If the game is just showed abit inn the next 2 years...

Games go out to slow now days :P

Kotick's baby is going to be a 3D farmville that requires a facebook account to sign in and costs $50 a month

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    Kotick's baby is going to be a 3D farmville that requires a facebook account to sign in and costs $50 a month

I think you are trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    They could have hired a thousand programmers to code it, and it would've been finished by now.
    Throwing more people at something does not guarantee success.

You could literally hire the best people in the world for a project and if it turns out that they don't work well together then the only thing you're guaranteed is a cluster fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I think you are trying too hard.
    Send me letter explaining why I should care please

At Blizzcon next year, Blizzard will unveil the best kept secret they ever had: That the dance studio creator has become a fully fledged MMO, with Dance offs, Breakdance fights and 25 man dance crew vs dance crew raids, where you and your guild have to prove you're the coolest dancers ever. Dance Titan, coming 2015.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is coming from a company that took 10 years to make a game in D3 that looks straight out of 2001. That said, the Blizzard roadmap that leaked had the Titan release in late 2013. I think it's a little off though because the same roadmap had mop coming out in spring-summer 2012 which obviously was a bit early, and we would have seen more by now if it was that close. You could probably peg Titan for 2014-2015 more realistically. They don't want to do any marketing yet because in the release stream both mop and the SC2 expansion are ahead of it and they don't want to detract any attention from those. After mop you might start to hear a bit more info slowly trickle out, and definitely after HoTS. There will be a gap of releases in early-mid 2013 so that's when things will start to open up.

Assuming there is a Blizzcon in fall 2013 I am guessing that is when you'll really see the first real introduction of Titan. We would have probably got some very early info had there been a Blizzcon this year, but not very much. Maybe an admission of the overall theme finally and a bit of concept art or a screenshot or two, but not much more that that. I will be pretty surprised and disappointed though if there isn't a real release of some good info on it at Blizzcon 2013. If that doesn't happen, I would say it's so far off that it's just in concept and who knows if it will even happen, so it wouldn't even be worth thinking about for now.

Deleted
    I think they have scrapped it tbh, but I could be wrong. I don't really care about the game either atm, as I haven't heard anything about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess whatever Blizzard does, somebody has a problem with it. The game might constantly be changing and if they release any snippet of information that then doesn't hold true to the finished product it will be "Path of titans" incident all over again...

Didn't they start working on WoW in 2000 and it was 4 years to release? And back then there wasn't even such hype revolving around Blizzard games.
    such "hype? for real ? you forgot wc 1 /2 /3 ? d1/ 2 ? sc1 ? dude wth ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    They could have hired a thousand programmers to code it, and it would've been finished by now.
    Just like 9 women can have a baby in a month right?
    Oh wait it doesn't work that way.

Hopefully at the next Bliz con they will show a video or at LEAST some concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    This is coming from a company that took 10 years to make a game in D3 that looks straight out of 2001.
    Actually, they scrapped D3 development around 2005 (the version Blizzard North was working on) and restarted development in 2006 or so, so it took about 6 years of development time (which isn't too uncommon, especially for Blizzard).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    They're about due for another Warcraft Adventures or Starcraft Ghost

kinda what im feeling. not to mention theres some rumors that it could be an mmofps, which i have no desire in playing. the only quasi mmofps that ive ever enjoyed has been world of tanks. to be quite honest my faith in blizzard products isnt really high so i wouldnt hold out any hope.

just my opinion however

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but if that were actually the Titan Blizzard is developing they would have shut the video down asap. It's been out since January.

There is no NDA on Titan outside of the standard" we have an idea, let's develop it before we reveal it too much" type.

Seriously, just because Blizzard has a project on the table does not entitle you to know everything, or anything about it.

When they have something worth showing, rest assured they will show it.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    We don't know much about Titan and that works for Blizzard. Let's say they had the idea to build the MMO based on many cutscenes and Playercharacter story and then see Swotor crumbling in 8 months they can scrap the whole concept or at least break some heads to find out how to improve it. Also if it was anywhere near a Talent system that got scraped too, just look at the evolution of WoW and D3 the last years.

With Vivendi trying to sell off Blizzard it is also questionable how much manpower/money is invested in a project that will not make any money in the near feature.

Quote Originally Posted by winter_923 View Post
    With Vivendi trying to sell off Blizzard it is also questionable how much manpower/money is invested in a project that will not make any money in the near feature.
    That's irrelevant. Both portions of Activision Blizzard are very profitable, it's not like they're looking for Vivendi to subsidize development costs or anything. The desire to sell came about because Vivendi was looking for a quick, large cash infusion, and Activision Blizzard can bring a huge amount of money in from a sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to consider is not trying to give anything away to the competitors. Blizz knows best, Whenever a new MMO is announced and new features are mentioned, Blizz grabs it up, and makes it better than what the competitor suggested. Blizz stated that this game is going to be a new IP and a revolutionary MMO. I'm sure they don't want to leak a single bit of info to ensure that their project will be as unique as they expect it to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what's keeping Blizz from revealing much, but what I do know is that in the past 2 conference calls about earnings that they specifically mention an "unannounced MMO" so they want people to know they are working on something, but they don't want us to know WHAT they are working on.

I suppose it's to give investors the possible idea that Blizz is expanding their empire with a new title that could be just such a huge hit as WoW was, and bring in similar amounts of cash, cause I see no other reason to mention it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    Just like 9 women can have a baby in a month right?
    Just like one woman can have 9 babies in 9 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    My buddy is on the Titan project. Of course he tells me then gives me this shit eating grin and I wanna punch him. >.> But he gets me into Blizzcon so it's all good.