Deleted
    I will buy one, for sure for the new big Mario game and of course Zelda, but i haven´t yet.

The Wii U doesn´t have good release games that justify the price of the console and i am a bit mad about the increaed game prices.
    I guess when the next big Mario game or even Zelda is released the console will be much cheaper anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    I will buy one, for sure for the new big Mario game and of course Zelda, but i haven´t yet.

The Wii U doesn´t have good release games that justify the price of the console and i am a bit mad about the increaed game prices.
    I guess when the next big Mario game or even Zelda is released the console will be much cheaper anyway.
    i think the wiiu has a pretty good launch lineup actually i cant remember a console where i wanted more then maybe 1 or 2 games at launch. the only game i remember wanting when the wii came out was that elebits game and i was actually pretty disappointed with it.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'm fine with my PC and PS3.
    Howay the lads!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll get it when it's on sale for 150 or something... I followed Nintendo since the SNES but the Wii was outrageous. Biggest waste of money for me yet.
    So no, not looking forward to the Wii-U. Nintendo made me a PC gamer. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think the wiiu has a pretty good launch lineup actually i cant remember a console where i wanted more then maybe 1 or 2 games at launch. the only game i remember wanting when the wii came out was that elebits game and i was actually pretty disappointed with it.
    Yes it has alot of games but none of the games are justifying a new console, most of them could have been realised on the Wii, mostly sidescrollers like mario bros, rayman and so on.
    Nintendo Land however is nice but also nothing i would buy a new console for.

The question I asked myself was: Are there games on release or the near future that I realy need to play so I buy the console for the high release price or am I able to wait till a game comes out I realy want and buy the console for maybe even half the price.
    For reference: The 3DS droped nearly 40% of its price just 3 month after release, no way I will buy a Nintendo console on release again.

Edit:
    Concerning the Wii:
    Atleast the Wii had a big Zelda game for the beginning, i Know it was released on Gamecube before but I never owned one so I was first able to play Twilight Princess on the Wii and never looked back, for me one of the best Zelda games next to Ocarina of Time. Loved the more dark appearence of the game and hands down Midna was the better princess! .
    Last edited by mmoc9469597767; 2012-11-25 at 10:43 PM.

Concerning the Wii:
    Atleast the Wii had a big Zelda game for the beginning, i Know it was released on Gamecube before but I never owned one so I was first able to play Twilight Princess on the Wii and never looked back, for me one of the best Zelda games next to Ocarina of Time. Loved the more dark appearence of the game and hands down Midna was the better princess! .
    twilight princess is definitely one of my favorites but its really hard to call it a wii game when the only difference between the wii version and the gamecube version is that they flipped the map so link could be right handed and they added in a few waggles for certain items. it really was a last minute edition.

did the metroid prime 3 game come out close to launch? i remember loving that game
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Ignore the obvious bias from a crappy Zelda fansite, it just lists launch titles from previous consoles and compares to Wii-U. I'm too lazy to copy paste it.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/co...-so-stop-bitch

Deleted
    Well yes it has some very stronge titles for sure, but atleast nothing for me personally.
    For me there is no game that drives me to buy a new console for this price, I certainly can wait for the pricedrop.

But like I said, everybody has to answer the question for himself.

I certainly can wait for the pricedrop..
    dont expect a pricedrop anytime soon the only reason the 3ds got a pricedrop was because it wasnt selling to hot wheras the wiiu is pretty much sold out everywhere right now

Deleted
    dont expect a pricedrop anytime soon the only reason the 3ds got a pricedrop was because it wasnt selling to hot wheras the wiiu is pretty much sold out everywhere right now
    That is something I wondered too but I guess since it will take some time for a new Mario (Kart/Party), Zelda etc. I can wait.

Deleted
    Nintendo will always have a place in my heart.

Though I'm not quite yet if I will buy Wii U yes. Also, can someone tell me if this is true or not, that you will be able to play certain Nintendo 3DS games on the Wii U?

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Though I'm not quite yet if I will buy Wii U yes. Also, can someone tell me if this is true or not, that you will be able to play certain Nintendo 3DS games on the Wii U?
    It's possible with SSMB being for Wii U and 3DS, I can see them connecting the games somehow.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo has recently come out and said that they are working fast to meet customer demands in time for the holiday season. They have also had a considerable amount of time to start manufacturing components for the systems prior to final assembly and the release date, but I would expect that there is still going to be a back log going into 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Nintendo will always have a place in my heart.

no atleast not yet. however i could see them doing this later on (nintendo did this for the gameboy advance with the gamecube) atleast for digital downloads however if they do it will most likely be without 3d

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Nintendo has recently come out and said that they are working fast to meet customer demands in time for the holiday season. They have also had a considerable amount of time to start manufacturing components for the systems prior to final assembly and the release date, but I would expect that there is still going to be a back log going into 2013.
    which makes the fact that its selling out so fast (its already sold out its 2nd shipment and theres only going to be one more shipment around christmas time before march) really incredible considering theres way more then the wii when it launched

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's possible with SSMB being for Wii U and 3DS, I can see them connecting the games somehow.
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will have Wii U/3DS cross-platform play with other features:
    - You can load saves from the Wii U to the 3DS and vice versa.
    - You can play locally with up to three friends on other Wii Us OR 3DSs.
    - Online play will be implemented into the Wii U version, but it's unclear if you'll be able to play online with a 3DS buddy. (3DS piggy-backing on the internet connection of the Wii U)

Other than that, Super Smash Bros. U will also support it.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kankuri View Post
    Yeah, I meant Smash, not sure where the M came from.

I've been playing Batman. It's pretty cool actually and I think it'll be interesting to see how more games start to take advantage of the controller.

The menu/map on the controller is nice. The remote control batarang can be king of awkward to control with the gamepad, but you still have the option to use it like normal. Being able to aim certain things by moving the gamepad has been kind of cool too, like when you only need to move the cursor a hair it's real easy to just move the gamepad instead. I find myself aiming the gamepad around during investigations too, you can also do this the normal way and it is a little bit easier, but doing it the other way is just cooler. I really like the way is hacking done, it's all on the gamepad.

Then there's just little things that I really enjoy, like when Batman is talking to Alfred all of Alfreds replies are heard through the gamepad, same with all the chatter you pick up on the radio. Also when you start pushing buttons on the touch screen Batman looks down at his wrist gadget.

I'm looking toward reviews of TVii before I decide whether I'll pick one up (obviously this will be after the holidays). When I watched Nintendo Direct they really sold me on this feature, but I'm suspicious as to whether it will work as advertised. I've heard the basic "universal remote" features work quite well, so that's made me hopeful TVii will do all the things they say it can do. I mean, I'll pick up the console eventually anyway, but we all know the drill with new consoles. It takes like 2 years before really good titles come out for them. I have to be convinced it's worth being an early adopter, and I'm about 50/50 as to whether it is worth it.

With Sony and Microsoft, there's just no way I could possibly trust them to buy their next consoles at release. Sony and Microsoft's first iterations of their consoles stink. Nintendo is the only company whose first iterations seem to not be buggy pieces of crap. Now their handhelds, on the other hand, strongly discourage early adoption. Would never buy a Nintendo handheld until at least one design update has come out. My first-generation GBA and brick DS are were ample lesson in that respect. But at least in consoles, I can typically trust that Nintendo will get it right the first time design-wise.
    Last edited by Nekosom; 2012-11-26 at 04:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    does anyone else hear a little racket from their gamepad when they shake it. Nothing to be super worried about but just wondering if you guys had similar exp with it

http://kotaku.com/5963306/there-are-...-united-states

Welp, it outsold the first week sales for everything else but the Wii in its first week. So much for it being DoA. Glad to see adoption rates are high at the start.