Page 1 of 236
... LastLast

[Megathread] Nintendo Wii U

First off I want to say that I'm oldschool gamer going way back to the atari days and I remember when my parents shocked me when they bought me a nintendo. I don't know to this day how many hours I put into the nintendo and sega genesis and How much I adored playing those games. The super nes and the nintendo 64 only made things better growing up as a gamer (goldeneye 007 still my fav of all time)

That being said the wii just wasn't for me I don't know if it was just the whole motion control thing or I just didn't really give it a chance. Because you look at the games on the wii and they can't even compete with the xbox360 or ps3. But I will state that the wii does provide some games that the other consoles don't have.

Now the wiiU is going to make an appear sometime late this year or next year. from the reviews I have seen its going to be almost to par to what our current Gen consoles have right now. one developer said it was "almost as fast as xbox360"

My question to you is , Are you going to buy into this console "the wii U"

I think there will be great games like Zelda , super smash bros , Metroid . So that does have me on the fence of buying it...

Sorry for the long paragraph I just kinda wanted to see what your thoughts on purchasing a wiiU

Yes, I will. Zelda, Super Smash Bros, and a 3D Mario game is enough to get me to buy one, not to mention the other games Nintendo will put out. Nintendo's consoles are usually the only ones to offer a different experience from the PC as well, even if the hardware will be a bit outdated.

Deleted
    Nope, Wii was a huge disappointement for me (luckily I didn't buy one as they were out of stock at the beginning and I bought a ps2 instead).

Only game of interest for me is Smash Brothers.

Yes indeedy. Skelington enjoyed the Wii and isn't disappointed by Nintendo.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love my Wii but I'm going to wait for the first price drop to get the U.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely I will. Nintendo is the only company whose consoles offer me a reason to play anything except my PC anymore.

I might get it depending on what games are coming to it. Then again, if another smash bros. is coming, i'm sold.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't buy one right away if I do at all. Nintendo really has a bad track record of releasing a few good games, then bullshit for the next year or so, and repeat. The WiiU does look enjoyable, so I really hope that they actually push out some good games for it in the first year or so to make buying it worthwhile.

Probably yeah, depends on the pokemon games tho

I'll probably pick it up at some point. I haven't purchased a Nintendo system in the 64 (wish I had got a Gamecube at least, tons of good games on it), but this just looks too interesting. If developers can deliver on half the promises of the controller integration, the games are going to be fantastic.

I'm just hoping Nintendo learned from the failed 3DS launch (and Sony subsequently having launch issues with the Vita for the EXACT SAME REASON) and have a strong launch lineup this time. That's going to be a big deal.

I'll skip Wii U. Tablet gaming just isn't for me. As far as motion controls I'd rather wait & see the Kinect 2. I'm not a big fan. The xbox360 controller is great for FPS&Action games. Sure there are some good brands coming to Wii U but I'd rather rent it for a night or 2 then buy something that's current gen and soon to be replaced. If MS is will launch the next Xbox at the end of 2013 then everyone and their cat will go out to catch those new games on a crazy awesome console. Honestly the next-gen engines look really great. The FF tech demo and U4 one were incredibly detailed. Hope the launch titles will be good

Its such a revolutionary console that it is graphically almost up to 2006 standards. I thought the original Wii was cool but didnt buy one, I also won't be buying a Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Yes indeedy. Skelington enjoyed the Wii and isn't disappointed by Nintendo.
    Basically what Skel said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Its such a revolutionary console that it is graphically almost up to 2006 standards. I thought the original Wii was cool but didnt buy one, I also won't be buying a Wii U.
    Yeah, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dissing consoles over graphics wasn't cool 15 years ago, and it still isn't cool today.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Basically what Skel said.

Yeah, no.
    Reply to comment because bumhurt about opinion and fact?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing for me any more. Smash Bros Brawl was terrible, so there goes that. Zelda is getting worse. And Mario has not been fun since 64.

Reply to comment because bumhurt about opinion and fact?
    Not sure how you got me being butthurt from two words. Nice try though.

Deleted
    Will most likely wait till the price drops a bit, but yeah i think i'm going for it.
    Things like mario and zelda have always kept me interested, so i guess they will do just that on the new gen console as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Zelda is getting worse. And Mario has not been fun since 64.
    To each his own, but Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and Skyward Sword were up there among the best Mario and Zelda games ever.

Not sure yet, depends on how fun the multiplayer games are for me.

I bought a Wii but I don't play it as much as my N64 or Gamecube, generally I just replay a lot of gamecube titles on the Wii than I do actual Wii titles. I'm probably going to wait a while before getting it.