Page 11 of 236 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Skyward sword is really the only game I ever bought for Wii. It was amazing but Christ, it's true that Nintendo has no games.

I'll have to see what game they throw out, it has to be amazing. I still prob won't buy it.
    didnt you enjoy xenoblade chronicles.. and what games do you play? just out of curiosity

Deleted
    Well, I bought my Wii Because of Super Smash Bros Brawl and I was suprised how many other enjoyable games it had, so yes, I will buy a Wii U, but not just for Smash Bros this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll watch it, and make my decision. If 3rd party developers decide to continue supporting it a year after it's released, then I'll consider buying it, but honestly I think it will be a year or two after it's released that I'll buy it.

Hell yeah! They haven't dissapointed me with any console release so far. Except for the Virtual Boy, which I didn't even know about untill years later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes I am. Im buying it day one if i can. I'm so excited for this to come out so many good games are going to be on this system including the classics like Mario, Rayman, and Pikmin and im sure there's going to be a Zelda for it too. The Wii greatly disappointed me. The motion controls were ok for some games but most of the time they were annoying, so much so that it made me put my Wii in my closet for the time being. The best games for me was Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and Metal Slug anthology and the main reason why was because I could use the Gamecube controller for those games. After the Wii i just didn't like motion control gaming at all in fact i hated it. When i play a game i just want to sit down and relax. The Wii U however i think will be Nintendo's savior.

Also to tell you the truth I think the Wii U is going to blow Microsoft and Sony out of the water. At least for Microsoft they will because apparently they're going to be focusing on the Kinect more than the core games that most gamers want. Honestly I think Microsoft and Sony will end up copying from Nintendo again like they did when Wii came out.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-07-31 at 10:17 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its about as close to a xbox controller as a playstation controller is. you wouldnt say a PS controller is like a xbox controller would you? its like calling a truck a car cus all thats different is the fact it has a truck bed.
    so? you bitch about wanting a regular controller. there it is. what now? I don't get you

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    so? you bitch about wanting a regular controller. there it is. what now? I don't get you
    he won't use it because the analog stick is in a different spot and he believes its just a copy of an xbox controller even though the xbox controller is a copy of playstation which is a copy of nintendo.

Nope, I no longer play on consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that says the Wii had no good games is shutting themselves off from some truly awesome experiences. I have twice as many games on my Wii as I do on my 360 and none of them are shovelware. And 3 of my 360 games are FIFA, another two being CoD games.

I never got the Wii so I doubt I'll buy the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    he won't use it because the analog stick is in a different spot and he believes its just a copy of an xbox controller even though the xbox controller is a copy of playstation which is a copy of nintendo.
    Please quote where i said that i wouldnt use it? I like how the lot of you like to assume you know shit about my intentions. I never said i wouldnt use it i simply stated its not an xbox style controller. And i also stated i highly fucking doubt all games will have alternative controlls using that controller. But we shall see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Please quote where i said that i wouldnt use it? I like how the lot of you like to assume you know shit about my intentions. I never said i wouldnt use it i simply stated its not an xbox style controller. And i also stated i highly fucking doubt all games will have alternative controlls using that controller. But we shall see.
    For example I can't see Zombie U played with a regular controller, so I agree with you on that. But if I were you (which I'm not) I'd give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt with this new tablet thingy, it can certainly have its uses. For instance more buttons or inventory on the go etc. I'm not entirely sold on the idea either, but I have hopes that it can turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    For example I can't see Zombie U played with a regular controller, so I agree with you on that. But if I were you (which I'm not) I'd give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt with this new tablet thingy, it can certainly have its uses. For instance more buttons or inventory on the go etc. I'm not entirely sold on the idea either, but I have hopes that it can turn out well.
    I gave them the benefit of the doubt with the ds and the wii, They failed me personally, So im going to have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like what i see with it. Motion Sensing/Control, Touch Screen Tablet/Controller, On-line support, Party Gaming (Local 4 Player), Vast Social Integration.

The only thing that i dislike is that this console is going to come out at the end of the console tech cycle. As this is released the new Playstation and Xbox will follow soon after. I know Nintendo is all about gameplay, but if i'm dropping a few hundred dollars and continue investing $50-$60 a month there after for new games, i want it all! I want Sound, Video and Control all to be top notch. I mean if graphics meant nothing in comparison to graphics we'd all still have horribly out dated graphics on all the consoles. Graphics do indeed matter to many people, possibly more people than those who play "only for the gameplay" If you have the tech available, use it, or your competitors will and you will be left behind. *Cough* Wii *Cough*

Deleted
    well EA has officially said that fifa 13 will look best on wii u out of the current consoles (shocker lol).. but thats less important than the real-time tactics, tackling, passing, man marking, accurate corners / pens / free kicks etc we get with it

At least one games ill be picking up on launch day.

If they make a zelda game for it, then I will buy it without even looking at the price/specs/other options.
    If they do not make a zelda game for it, I might wait until price drops a bit or until I've seen some games come out and such.
    I bought my wii exclusively to play Twilight Princess back in the days and I did not regret that for one second, all the better as more cool games came later.

They could quite frankly ship the Wii in a different looking box, with a slightly different shape but otherwise completely the same, and call it the "Wii U", and I would still buy it, provided I would have to in order to play a new zelda game coming out. It takes me 6-10 months to save enough money for it (poor student and all), but it is all worth it, apart from actual holidays in Japan it is about the most worthy entertainment investment for me.

If they insist on sticking with this motion control gimmick then I will not be getting one. I've loved all the Zelda series since the 1st one came out for the NES back in 1986, which I bought when it came out (yes, I'm old!), but I found the newest one to be near unplayable. If they persist with this route then I will have to say that the Wii was my last Nintendo purchase.
    Gorbag - Elemental Shaman since Nov 2004
    Raider of Logic Tarren Mill EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurflord View Post
    If they insist on sticking with this motion control gimmick then I will not be getting one. I've loved all the Zelda series since the 1st one came out for the NES back in 1986, which I bought when it came out (yes, I'm old!), but I found the newest one to be near unplayable. If they persist with this route then I will have to say that the Wii was my last Nintendo purchase.
    how was it near unplayable? and have you seen the tablet and pro controller.. and even the classic controller will work on wii u.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Wii U will be the first Nintendo console launch that I'll be skipping out on since the SNES (I was more happy with my Genesis/MegaDrive, TG16, and Game Boy at the time).

Reasons being:

1. Upgrading to a 3DS XL from a 3DS and there are too many good 3DS games coming out this year still.

2. Mist of Pandaria

3. Guild Wars 2

4. Wii U launch titles aren't appealing enough to me. Some good Wii games didn't come out until May-Nov 2007. I'll be waiting that long to get a Wii U this time around. That, and its not launching with a proper 3D Mario game to really show the console off. Super Mario U looks fine and all but I feel that I am getting the better 2D Mario game on August 19th for the 3DS.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Unless Nintendo releases a new F-Zero, they won't be getting any more money from me I'm afraid. If they bring out a new Star Fox, I'll consider it. But until they do, squeezing out yet another Mario or Zelda or Metroid game just isn't going to be good enough anymore. Nintendo, you disappoint me.