10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    The Wii U will be the first Nintendo console launch that I'll be skipping out on since the SNES (I was more happy with my Genesis/MegaDrive, TG16, and Game Boy at the time).

Reasons being:

1. Upgrading to a 3DS XL from a 3DS and there are too many good 3DS games coming out this year still.

2. Mist of Pandaria

3. Guild Wars 2

4. Wii U launch titles aren't appealing enough to me. Some good Wii games didn't come out until May-Nov 2007. I'll be waiting that long to get a Wii U this time around. That, and its not launching with a proper 3D Mario game to really show the console off. Super Mario U looks fine and all but I feel that I am getting the better 2D Mario game on August 19th for the 3DS.
    Yeah, now that I think about it I don't think they are launching to many awesome games yet or maybe a few are actually good but they aren't mainstream yet. Isn't Pikmin 3 going to be a launch title... That's a pretty big one I guess but I can't really see to much else I might be interested in other than if I can download Gamecube games on it from an online store of some sort.

Who's hoping for gamecube games to be downloadable? http://www.1up.com/news/wii-u-offer-...game-downloads
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Planet View Post
    Unless Nintendo releases a new F-Zero, they won't be getting any more money from me I'm afraid. If they bring out a new Star Fox, I'll consider it. But until they do, squeezing out yet another Mario or Zelda or Metroid game just isn't going to be good enough anymore. Nintendo, you disappoint me.
    We have had 2 proper mario's, 1 zelda and like 2 metroids in the space of 5 nearly 6 years of the wii.. in that time we have had 3 uncharted, 2 killzones, 2 little big planets, 3 halo's (nearly 4), 3 gears of war (nearly 4), 6 call of duty (nearly 7), 4 assassins creed (nearly 5) games....

Youre totally right nintendo is just churning out the same crap over and over again.. oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    4. Wii U launch titles aren't appealing enough to me. Some good Wii games didn't come out until May-Nov 2007. I'll be waiting that long to get a Wii U this time around. That, and its not launching with a proper 3D Mario game to really show the console off. Super Mario U looks fine and all but I feel that I am getting the better 2D Mario game on August 19th for the 3DS.
    What's the launch lineup?... I really hope they don't make the same mistake they made with the 3DS (And Sony made with the Vita) and launch it with a small, underwhelming lineup : /

Considering how many games that can be ported over from PS3/Xbox, I don't see why they shouldn't have a pretty robust lineup at launch.

i'll probably get one for smash bros, mario, and zelda. that said, i will definitley be waiting until smash bros actually comes out. if it's not a launch title, i'm not getting it at launch. I can always wait to play zelda and mario.

Won't go for it. Having been loyal to Nintendo ever since the SNES days it's finally time to admit that it is, or maybe feels, not quite the same anymore. Sure the franchizes are all still there but for me the Wii was already kind of a letdown. I can count the games that really stood out for me with the fingers of one (standard human) hand, too much casual or party stuff for an old school gamer like me, missing vital cross-platform titles, other interesting games never made it overseas. Hell I think I have more VC games than actual Wii titles, which kind of made up for it in a way, but it's still not the way it should be in my opinion.

The thing is, they make a console that offers one or two games a year for me and I know it from the start and I don't think that justifies buying it anymore. You can get so many other things with that money. So sadly I'll then part with Nintendo. Those were fun years, definitely not wasted, but there has to be an end some time.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2012-08-02 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    What's the launch lineup?... I really hope they don't make the same mistake they made with the 3DS (And Sony made with the Vita) and launch it with a small, underwhelming lineup : /

Considering how many games that can be ported over from PS3/Xbox, I don't see why they shouldn't have a pretty robust lineup at launch.
    -Pikmin 3
    -NSMBU
    -P-100
    -Rayman Legends
    -ZombiU
    -Nintendo Land
    -Scribblenauts Unlimited
    -Lego City
    -Assassin's Creed 3
    -And a bunch of ports, like Batman and Mass Effect

I think all of those are planned for launch/near launch. It's actually a pretty decent lineup, definitely better than the 3DS'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, imagine gamecube games but on a Wii U, oh wait my idea has already been taken and put into use by Nintendo while being copyrighted.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

Except the thing that will set those apart from the wii is gamers who look for online multiplayer will most likely still pick them up for xbox or even ps3 due to it allready having an established online, If i was getting the wii i would not get any multiplatform games for it due to its online not only being gimped from its age but most likely being raw and untested.

-Pikmin 3
    -NSMBU
    -P-100
    -Rayman Legends
    -ZombiU
    -Nintendo Land
    -Scribblenauts Unlimited
    -Lego City
    -Assassin's Creed 3
    Only game on that list id be interested in is pikmin but if they keep going in the direction that pikmin 2 went into i dont think id like it to much.

Depends if it can be modded as easily and thoroughly as the Wii

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Except the thing that will set those apart from the wii is gamers who look for online multiplayer will most likely still pick them up for xbox or even ps3 due to it allready having an established online, If i was getting the wii i would not get any multiplatform games for it due to its online not only being gimped from its age but most likely being raw and untested..
    eurgh utter nonsense. xbox live is just an epic cluster fuck of average mush.. its shit. I want a friends list, easy chat options, a decent marketplace, multimedia tools / sites like youtube, netflix etc, and when you start a game its a simple play online and you go to a game lobby with the option of inviting or joining friends. Its not hard and you definitely dont need it to be established for it to be any good.

Only game on that list id be interested in is pikmin but if they keep going in the direction that pikmin 2 went into i dont think id like it to much.
    shocking.

I always buy nintendo consoles, because they're the cheapest, and I like to have access to Zelda and Mario games. I don't even buy PS or Xbox - my PC covers that gaming need. Nintendo games are always Nintendo exclusive, so it's the only console I really NEED to buy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    -Pikmin 3
    -NSMBU
    -P-100
    -Rayman Legends
    -ZombiU
    -Nintendo Land
    -Scribblenauts Unlimited
    -Lego City
    -Assassin's Creed 3
    -And a bunch of ports, like Batman and Mass Effect

I think all of those are planned for launch/near launch. It's actually a pretty decent lineup, definitely better than the 3DS'.
    a couple still to be announced titles.. likely to be black ops 2 and fifa has just been announced officially we are also getting lots of indie titles like trine 2

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I always buy nintendo consoles, because they're the cheapest, and I like to have access to Zelda and Mario games. I don't even buy PS or Xbox - my PC covers that gaming need. Nintendo games are always Nintendo exclusive, so it's the only console I really NEED to buy.
    totally agree.. i only buy other consoles due to wanting to play with my friends online and the odd metal gear game

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks neat, but I wont pick one up.

My consoles get no love from me anymore other than to play a BluRay/DVD or Netflix.

eurgh utter nonsense. xbox live is just an epic cluster fuck of average mush.. its shit. I want a friends list, easy chat options, a decent marketplace, multimedia tools / sites like youtube, netflix etc, and when you start a game its a simple play online and you go to a game lobby with the option of inviting or joining friends. Its not hard and you definitely dont need it to be established for it to be any good.
    And yet everything there you asked for is in Xbox live. Even the playstation has yet to master that. Out of the three systems it has the best the most supportive and the easyest to manipulate and use.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    totally agree.. i only buy other consoles due to wanting to play with my friends online and the odd metal gear game
    I do wish I had access to MGS4, I must admit. But really, all the popular shooters on console are also available on PC, which I prefer greatly over console anyway.

Yeah, I'll buy it. Hopefully I'll still play it for more than a year, unlike the Wii™.

And yet everything there you asked for is in Xbox live. Even the playstation has yet to master that. Out of the three systems it has the best the most supportive and the easyest to manipulate and use.
    Too bad it makes you pay, and then shoves ads down your throats anyway.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-08-03 at 02:46 AM.

Too bad it makes you pay, and then shoves ads down your throats anyway.
    Good things in life are never free, And iv never once had an add shoved down my throat, Exaggeration gets you so far in life.

Good things in life are never free, And iv never once had an add shoved down my throat, Exaggeration gets you so far in life.
    I don't necessarily have a problem with paying, as long as it's a reasonable price, but if I am then I shouldn't have to see ads at all. Maybe they're not shoved down your throat all the time, but they're still there.

I don't necessarily have a problem with paying, as long as it's a reasonable price, but if I am then I shouldn't have to see ads at all. Maybe they're not shoved down your throat all the time, but they're still there.
    They are on the dashboard but i dont know why they are a problem unless you spead a great majority of your time staring at the dashboard not playing games or watching videos.