Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    They are on the dashboard but i dont know why they are a problem unless you spead a great majority of your time staring at the dashboard not playing games or watching videos.
    It's not about how long I have to see them. As a paying customer, I shouldn't have to see ads at all. It's bad enough I have to pay Microsoft just to do things like watch Netflix.

Maybe I should stop using "I". I haven't actually used my Xbox in a very, very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The x360 has adds for the same reason cable tv has ads, they are greedy fucks. Cable tv didnt have ads until they decided people would pay and still sit through adds.

But back to the wii u. No way in hell would I waste money on another gimmick. WII was a gimmick the ds and 3ds are all gimmicks. The amount of good games on the wii can be counted with both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    The x360 has adds for the same reason cable tv has ads, they are greedy fucks. Cable tv didnt have ads until they decided people would pay and still sit through adds.

But back to the wii u. No way in hell would I waste money on another gimmick. WII was a gimmick the ds and 3ds are all gimmicks. The amount of good games on the wii can be counted with both hands.
    Because cable tv requires absolutely no money to produce and can run with absolutely no income.

For those on about launch titles.

NES:
    10-Yard Fight
    Baseball
    Clu Clu Land
    Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    Duck Hunt
    Excitebike
    Golf
    Gyromite
    Hogan’s Alley
    Ice Climber
    Kung-Fu
    Mach Rider
    Pinball
    Stack-Up
    Super Mario Bros.
    Tennis
    Wild Gunman
    Wrecking Crew

Sega Master System:
    Hang-On
    Safari Hunt

Sega Genesis:
    Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Altered Beast
    Last Battle
    Space Harrier II
    Super Thunder Blade
    Thunder Force II
    Tommy Lasorda Baseball

Super Nintendo:
    Super Mario World
    F-Zero
    Pilotwings
    Gradius III
    SimCity

Sega Saturn:
    Virtua Fighter
    Panzer Dragoon
    Clockwork Knight
    Bug!
    Daytona USA

Playstation:
    Air Combat
    Battle Arena Toshinden
    ESPN Extreme Games
    Kileak - The DNA Imperative
    NBA Jam Tournament Edition
    Power Serve 3D Tennis
    Rayman
    Ridge Racer
    Street Fighter: The Movie
    The Raiden Project
    Total Eclipse Turbo

N64:
    Pilotwings 64
    Super Mario 64

Dreamcast:
    Aerowings[4]
    AirForce Delta[5]
    Blue Stinger
    Expendable
    Flag to Flag
    The House of the Dead 2
    Hydro Thunder
    Monaco Grand Prix
    Mortal Kombat Gold
    NFL 2K
    NFL Blitz 2000
    Pen Pen TriIcelon
    Power Stone
    Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
    Sonic Adventure
    Soulcalibur
    TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat
    Tokyo Xtreme Racer
    TrickStyle

PS2:
    Armored Core 2
    DOA2: Hardcore
    Dynasty Warriors 2
    ESPN International Track & Field
    ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding
    Eternal Ring
    Evergrace
    FantaVision
    Gungriffon Blaze
    Kessen
    Madden NFL 2001
    Midnight Club: Street Racing
    NHL 2001
    Orphen: Scion of Sorcery
    Q-Ball: Billiards Master
    Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2
    Ridge Racer V
    Silent Scope
    Smuggler’s Run
    SSX
    Street Fighter EX3
    Summoner
    Surfing H3O
    Swing Away Golf
    Tekken Tag Tournament
    TimeSplitters
    Unreal Tournament
    Wild Wild Racing
    X-Squad

Gamecube:
    All-Star Baseball 2002
    Batman: Vengeance
    Crazy Taxi
    Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
    Disney’s Tarzan Untamed
    Luigi’s Mansion
    Madden NFL 2002
    NHL Hitz 20-02
    Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
    Super Monkey Ball
    Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 3
    Wave Race: Blue Storm

Xbox:
    Halo: Combat Evolved
    Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee
    Dead or Alive 3
    Project Gotham Racing
    NFL Fever 2002
    AirForce Delta Storm
    Mad Dash Racing
    Cel Damage
    Arctic Thunder
    Fuzion Frenzy
    Jet Set Radio Future (Japan launch)
    Double S.T.E.A.L. (Japan launch)
    Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2#Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2XTony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2X
    4x4 EVO 2

Xbox 360:
    Amped 3
    Call of Duty 2
    Condemned: Criminal Origins
    FIFA 06: Road to FIFA World Cup
    GUN
    Kameo: Elements of Power
    Madden NFL 06
    NBA 2K6
    NBA Live 06
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    NHL 2K6
    Perfect Dark Zero
    Peter Jackson’s King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
    Project Gotham Racing 3
    Quake 4
    Ridge Racer 6
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
    Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland

PS3:
    Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
    Call of Duty 3
    Genji: Days of the Blade
    Madden NFL 07
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
    NBA 2K7
    NHL 2K7
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Ridge Racer 7
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
    Tony Hawk’s Project 8
    Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Wii:
    Call of Duty 3
    Cars
    Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
    Excite Truck
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
    GT Pro Series
    Happy Feet
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Madden NFL 07
    Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    Monster 4x4: World Circuit
    Need for Speed: Carbon
    Rampage: Total Destruction
    Rayman Raving Rabbids
    Red Steel
    SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
    Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam
    Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    Wii Sports (bundled with the Wii console)

Wii U:
    New Super Mario Bros. U
    ZombiU
    Pikmin 3
    Assassin’s Creed III
    Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
    Rayman Legends
    NintendoLand
    Darksiders II
    Project P-100
    LEGO City: Undercover
    Just Dance 4
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    Wii Fit U
    Mass Effect 3

Honestly, in comparison, I think Wii U's lineup is looking pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is if the ports of games like Mass Effect 3 and Darksiders 2 will include the DLC released on the original versions on their discs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    Could you define gimmick? Just curious as I don't know the exact meaning of the word, though it seems to be used as a derogatory term for something you don't like.

Deleted
    I think Nintendo really has now hit the nail on the head with Wii U. It got a lil bit better graphics than ps3/xbox 360, but more importantly it got some hardcore "Demon souls" like games like ZombiU. Nintendo has realised that there still is gamers left who want to play games with only one difficulty level and that the game is hard to complete, and what's best, now you can play these games in HD. I think Nintendo realised that current games are too streamlined with all the cutscenes and all kinds of shit, and what gaming really needs now is games not filled with cutscenes, but games that are games, not some streamlined retarded bullshit.
    Last edited by mmoc08bbbf072a; 2012-08-03 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Could you define gimmick? Just curious as I don't know the exact meaning of the word, though it seems to be used as a derogatory term for something you don't like.
    I think he's using the word "gimmick" interchangeably with "new feature". Because I LIKED the new features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I think he's using the word "gimmick" interchangeably with "new feature". Because I LIKED the new features.
    Well for one it is kind of ludicrous to call two screens on a handheld, motion controls or 3D gimmicks imo. The DS and 3DS have been incredibly successful with the two screens that open up new ways of gameplay, I'm no fan of motion controls (I prefer "traditional" gaming) but I can understand why people like them and what doors it opens for gameplay (immersion for one once it actually gets good tech behind it), and 3D is... well let's just call it standard for movies today and as far as I understand it is quite good (I can't see 3D due to sight impairments so for me it's completely worthless, but none I know complain about it's impact on movies).

So yeah, I disagree. According to the Urban Dictionary a gimmick is "A method of gaining customers or attracting attention by accentuating a certain trait/quality" and that's it. Is it bad though? I doubt it, as "accentuating a certain trait/quality" just helps differentiate between products and is great for competition as different products excel at different things.

Oh, there's also "A special feature for the sake of having a special feature". Like vampires that glitter in the sun in Twilight then.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-08-03 at 06:53 PM.

Deleted
    And yet everything there you asked for is in Xbox live. Even the playstation has yet to master that. Out of the three systems it has the best the most supportive and the easyest to manipulate and use.
    out of two and in your opinion.. i still think its shit though but thats just my opinion.

Also Bioshock Infinite is officially coming to Wii U aswell.. its not a launch title as it comes out next year but its still a good indication that nintendo is getting plenty of 3rd party support.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-08-03 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Well for one it is kind of ludicrous to call two screens on a handheld, motion controls or 3D gimmicks imo. The DS and 3DS have been incredibly successful with the two screens that open up new ways of gameplay, I'm no fan of motion controls (I prefer "traditional" gaming) but I can understand why people like them and what doors it opens for gameplay (immersion for one once it actually gets good tech behind it), and 3D is... well let's just call it standard for movies today and as far as I understand it is quite good (I can't see 3D due to sight impairments so for me it's completely worthless, but none I know complain about it's impact on movies).

So yeah, I disagree. According to the Urban Dictionary a gimmick is "A method of gaining customers or attracting attention by accentuating a certain trait/quality" and that's it. Is it bad though? I doubt it, as "accentuating a certain trait/quality" just helps differentiate between products and is great for competition as different products excel at different things.

Oh, there's also "A special feature for the sake of having a special feature". Like vampires that glitter in the sun in Twilight then.
    The problem alot of gamers have with nintendo and its gimicks is that most of thier games gameplay suffers from the fact that the motion or touchscreen garbage is there, Companys focus more on making cool neat features with the motion or touch screen that they dont focus enough on making the gameplay good or the story worth playing ect.

I may buy it just so I can play the next Zelda, but we will see.

The problem alot of gamers have with nintendo and its gimicks is that most of thier games gameplay suffers from the fact that the motion or touchscreen garbage is there, Companys focus more on making cool neat features with the motion or touch screen that they dont focus enough on making the gameplay good or the story worth playing ect.
    I can understand people's dislike of motion controls, but the touchscreen? The majority of the games I've played on the DS use it very well, and I've never seen any complaints about it.

Deleted
    Aye, I'll mainly be picking it up for exclusives like I did with the Wii, I'll have my PC for everything else!

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    I can understand people's dislike of motion controls, but the touchscreen? The majority of the games I've played on the DS use it very well, and I've never seen any complaints about it.
    The only complaint I'd have for touch screen is like, in the Zelda DS titles where you had to control Link with it. Otherwise, I found touch screen to be more handy than anything. Like, if I'm playing Pokemon, I can just tap the move I want to use and don't have to manually go over to it. yes I realize how lazy that is.

But, essentially most if not all electronics now (handheld-y type electronics) use touch screen. I don't see the problem.

I am a Nintendo fan till the end, I can't see myself not buying the wii-u. Although currently the only game I am looking forward too is pikmin... I really hope they announce new games soon.

I've always seen myself as a huge Nintendo fan, but I will not be buying the Wii U. I was very disappointed with the Wii and while I did enjoy some of the games (LoZ:TP, Mario Galaxy, Brawl etc.), I still think that it was quite a bad purchase. I was overjoyed when they said that the new console from Nintendo would be one that focused more on serious gamers, with upgradable parts instead of having to buy a new system every 3 years. Then they come out with a shitty ipad with joysticks, a limited system that barely beats the current tier (PS3 and Xbox 360).

The only launch title that I'm remotely interested in is Pikmin 3. Don't like the New Super Mario Bros-series. I feel that the controls are way too floaty for it to be an enjoyable experience for me.

TL;DR: No.

no, 3ds made me realise Nintendo for kids

Deleted
    At launch? No, but at some point in the future when the price comes down and there are more titles available then yes I probably will since I have stuck with Nintendo since SNES, and this will be the first console that I wont be buying ASAP when released. I'd find a way to part with the money if I really wanted it, like I did with the Wii, but no Mario, no Zelda, no Pokemon, no Smash Bros? Come on!! That thing would print money with the right lineup. Some of those titles have predecessors which have recently been released, I know, but I think that simply reflects a larger issue - that the new generation came too soon and too small a jump.

Another year or two when the technology upgrades from the current generation would have been greater, and a solid array of big name, in party titles from Nintendo and they could have opened a joint bank account with me, for now it's slightly above meh for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by L4ZOR View Post
    no, 3ds made me realise Nintendo for kids
    cause games for "kids" arent very good.. right?

KID icarus, kingdoms hearts, legend of zelda, resident evil, metal gear, mario kart, mario land, tales of abyss, star fox, ghost recon, street fighter are all terrible "kid games".

only cereal games like halo or gears are good enough for "adults" to play