10+ Year Old Account
    Yep i will be picking one up! I have a weakness when it comes to nintendo...
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Yep i will be picking one up! I have a weakness when it comes to nintendo...
    Good luck getting one, look at the post above, hehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Good luck getting one, look at the post above, hehe.
    I know a guy
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    im having to cover someone's shift at work and could possibly miss the delivery of my wii u on friday.. ill be gutted if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5963306/there-are-...-united-states

Welp, it outsold the first week sales for everything else but the Wii in its first week. So much for it being DoA. Glad to see adoption rates are high at the start.
    wow O-O i knew it would do good but i didnt actually think it would do nearly as good as the wii.

let the trolling commence O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wow O-O i knew it would do good but i didnt actually think it would do nearly as good as the wii.

let the trolling commence O-O
    I think it's blown a lot of people away with how well it's done in the first week so far. Curious to how it's sales will look after the first month, especially once it makes it to the EU ect.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I think it's blown a lot of people away with how well it's done in the first week so far. Curious to how it's sales will look after the first month, especially once it makes it to the EU ect.
    everytime one of my friends mentions it i just get so jelly >_< i wanna play zombiu so bad
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I find it weird that people are not finding them when i see on gamestop.com they have some in stock and the gamestop i work at has 12 deluxe one's in stock with no reserve on them. Should I pick one up and resell it for more and if so how much are people paying for them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I find it weird that people are not finding them when i see on gamestop.com they have some in stock and the gamestop i work at has 12 deluxe one's in stock with no reserve on them. Should I pick one up and resell it for more and if so how much are people paying for them?
    most people wanted to buy it in store with all the crazy ass sales.. but part of the problem is just because one shop has one in one area doesnt mean another shop in another area does. The stock is limited but it looks like people can get one if they look around unlike what happened with the wii but its doing pretty good so far.

also slightly off-topic but nintendo ds did pretty well over the last week aswell and it looks like its going to offically be the most successful console of all time any day now

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    most people wanted to buy it in store with all the crazy ass sales.. but part of the problem is just because one shop has one in one area doesnt mean another shop in another area does. The stock is limited but it looks like people can get one if they look around unlike what happened with the wii but its doing pretty good so far.

also slightly off-topic but nintendo ds did pretty well over the last week aswell and it looks like its going to offically be the most successful console of all time any day now
    I think I might pick it up for now and see if prices go up for it online etc. and if not well I got a Wii U lol so win-win.

I would get one, but I don't feel like getting suckered in like with the Wii. Really, I'm just waiting for the new Zelda and Smash Bros games to come out. If they're interesting enough and good reviews, I might consider buying it. However, I'm sticking with PC gaming for now. Just something I'm not highly investing into sadly.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

As soon as they give me a 3d mario,smash bros, and zelda is when I would ever consider buying a wii u. The only games I see on the wii u at the moment are ports, casual titles, and games the I have already played before with a new name slapped on it *cough* NSMBU *cough*.

Now im paying 10$ more from 50$ for a 300-350$ console so I expect some 10$ and 300-350$ extra content. And I dont see that.

If people hadn't noticed most wii u games are droping to 50$ or less online and it hasnt even been a week yet (see amazon wii u used games). What does that tell you? People dont find much enjoyment in these games, got bored playing them and selling them back for some of their money back. Soon wii u games will be selling for a steal. It would be much better to buy a basic wii u and then buy a game for 50$ less, so it would be a total of 350$ less with game and console, a much better deal then buying the deluxe edition that comes with Nintendo land for 350$. Wait. Be patient.The wii u's prices will come down in time, and eventually would be worth the buy.

For now, im going to be focusing on building my gaming pc and buying rpgs for my 3ds.
    Last edited by Mim; 2012-11-27 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am still waiting for closer to the release of The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 before I pick up a Wii U(doubt it will happen but would love a Bayo 2 themed system bundle), but for those who have gotten the big balls elite version or whatever it was called does the copy of Nintendo Land that comes with it come in the actual retail version case or does the disc just come in one of those crap cardboard sleeve ones like Wii Sports/Link's Crossbow Training did?
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2012-11-27 at 12:14 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    does anyone else hear a little racket from their gamepad when they shake it. Nothing to be super worried about but just wondering if you guys had similar exp with it
    i think that's normal (as i hear it too). i think thats the gyroscope or the accelerometer.

im enjoying the Wii U. never thought id use the browser and youtube app as much as i thought i would. Also being able to control the TV/cable from the gamepad too is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    It would be much better to buy a basic wii u and then buy a game for 50$ less, so it would be a total of 350$ less with game and console, a much better deal then buying the deluxe edition that comes with Nintendo land for 350$. Wait. Be patient.The wii u's prices will come down in time, and eventually would be worth the buy.
    ummm you do know theres a bunch of other crap that comes with the deluxe edition right? you get 5% of your money back from every game you buy that you can use on the eshop, a bunch more memory, nintendoland which is actually a pretty good game, charging cradle for your gamepad, and special stands for your wiiu.i think theres a couple other things to but i cant remember off the top of my head.

considering its only 50$ more only either an idiot or someone very desperate wouldnt get the delux version. hell nintendoland is 60$ so its like your getting all the extra crap for free

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely getting one, just not now. I had to cancel my pre-order to cover bills this month. When we do get one, it'll be the delux edition.

I bought the 8GB model last week, love it so far! I really could care less about hardware specs like so many seem to, its about the games and the fun for me! Also the tablet controller is awesome. I was one of the people who thought I would hate this thing and that the controller was just going to be bulky and uncomfortable. Surprisingly its great!

Only complaints I have with the system are the longish menu load times, which are supposedly being fixed in the next update, and the dead zone of the tablet analog sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    I bought the 8GB model last week, love it so far! I really could care less about hardware specs like so many seem to, its about the games and the fun for me! Also the tablet controller is awesome. I was one of the people who thought I would hate this thing and that the controller was just going to be bulky and uncomfortable. Surprisingly its great!

Only complaints I have with the system are the longish menu load times, which are supposedly being fixed in the next update, and the dead zone of the tablet analog sticks.
    yeah i remember being really worried about the controller at e3 until i tried it. have you used it for a remote yet? i heard its pretty good as a universal remote

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuulikki 27 View Post
    Australia tax?
    Sorry, local terminology. Sort of a cynical local understanding that regardless of the currency exchange rate, we will always get charged approximately 20-30% more for software and hardware than most of the rest of the world just because... Well... They can.

It might explain the 40% markup on Adobe software or why we pay 20 bucks for a movie ticket too (Australian dollar is currently worth more than the US dollar by the way).

Wii U models are selling for $350 and $450 respectively, just to put it in context.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post

the dead zone of the tablet analog sticks?