I might get one once the repertoire of games has increased. The only games I really like are RPGs and strategy games. I do enjoy a few of Nintendo's popular franchises though. I'm not convinced the Wii U is worth the money, I'll have to see if some really awesome games come to it. Otherwise I'll be PC gaming for a while longer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have you used it for a remote yet? i heard its pretty good as a universal remote
    its great...one thing i wish they would add to it though is a page up/down button.

and i was shocked how fast it picked up the TV/cable box signal...when i had to program my old universal remove, it took maybe 3-4x longer than the Gamepad.

ummm you do know theres a bunch of other crap that comes with the deluxe edition right? you get 5% of your money back from every game you buy that you can use on the eshop, a bunch more memory, nintendoland which is actually a pretty good game, charging cradle for your gamepad, and special stands for your wiiu.i think theres a couple other things to but i cant remember off the top of my head.

considering its only 50$ more only either an idiot or someone very desperate wouldnt get the delux version. hell nintendoland is 60$ so its like your getting all the extra crap for free
    Yes, and you can also get 30% less for wii of all used game purches from online retailers, and still sell it back for more profit. So I would be an idiot to buy them from the eshop. I dont need a plastic "cradle" or stands for my wii u either. I prefer to use the surface of my desks, and tables. Nintendo land may be a good game but once again, I can purchase for less used and still get a better deal than the deluxe. I don't see it being worth 60$ quality when I can use my money elsware with something thats far more better. All nintendo has to do is slap the previous titles from the wii eshop onto the new wii u one with no effort or resources at all, so even if games were worth a cent they would still make profit. Its like Nintendo is getting YOUR money for free. So my statement stands. If you like buying digital titles from the eshop for "5%" off good for you, I will be buying them used for 5 times more. Period.
    Last edited by Mim; 2012-12-02 at 03:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i remember being really worried about the controller at e3 until i tried it. have you used it for a remote yet? i heard its pretty good as a universal remote
    No it is not a good universal remote. Channel, volume, power and input are the only options for a cable box and TV. No reciever support or multiple set up support. It's good for what it is, switching to a TV channel, while playing on the same tablet.

I have it, only worth it if you have friends come over. It's a fun little toy, I like ZombieU a lot, but outside of that, if you are a video game nerd like my self... you already have all the ports, when they first came out.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by echo808 View Post
    its great...one thing i wish they would add to it though is a page up/down button.

and i was shocked how fast it picked up the TV/cable box signal...when i had to program my old universal remove, it took maybe 3-4x longer than the Gamepad.
    I'm pretty sure it didn't pick up any signal, but sends out a batch of frequency for each brand. Try using the same setting on multiple same brand devices.

I need a brand new zelda title before ill pick it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mim View Post
    If you like buying digital titles from the eshop for "5%" off good for you, I will be buying them used for 5 times less. Period.
    You can only buy wii u shop titles in stores, that get packaged releases. Old school and indie games, much like PSN and XBox Live, will not be sold in stores. If you do plan to buy a lot of games, the extra space is worth it alone.

But, in your whole post, one thing rings very clear. You should not be buying a new console, regardless of what it is. What is the point if getting a console, when you plan to wait until games are no longer new and do not plan to use one of it's sources for games at all. Why get a fast car, when you wait for slower traffic?

Deleted
    Yes, and you can also get 30% less for wii of all used game purches from online retailers, and still sell it back for more profit. So I would be an idiot to buy them from the eshop. I dont need a plastic "cradle" or stands for my wii u either. I prefer to use the surface of my desks, and tables. Nintendo land may be a good game but once again, I can purchase for less used and still get a better deal than the deluxe. I don't see it being worth 60$ quality when I can use my money elsware with something thats far more better. All nintendo has to do is slap the previous titles from the wii eshop onto the new wii u one with no effort or resources at all, so even if games were worth a cent they would still make profit. Its like Nintendo is getting YOUR money for free. So my statement stands. If you like buying digital titles from the eshop for "5%" off good for you, I will be buying them used for 5 times less. Period.

errrr the eshop is mainly about dlc and indie games imo.. only steam (still rare.. its mainly about the sales) and a handful of others do big named games cheaper than retail.

You also get 10% off the eshop but due to higher tax in some area's it works out like 8% as its not set by nintendo.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-11-28 at 12:42 PM.

Its like Nintendo is getting YOUR money for free. So my statement stands. If you like buying digital titles from the eshop for "5%" off good for you, I will be buying them used for 5 times less. Period.
    okay first i didnt say 5% less i said you get 5% back which means if your like me and buy games often you will be able to buy new games for free every once in awhile and since nintendo plans to put pretty much all titles they can on the eshop that means by the time the new zelda or smash brosw comes out next year if i wanted i could get it for free.

also i dont respect anyone who buys used games and used games arent 5 times less if anything its like 5-10$ less

hell gamestop is STILL selling the old pokemon gba games for 30$
    Last edited by Immitis; 2012-11-28 at 05:29 PM.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    the dead zone of the tablet analog sticks?
    The distance you can move the analog stick without getting a response in the game. On Assassins Creed 3 I can move the stick nearly half way to the edge before he starts to look in the direction. Its the same with Blops from what I have read as well.

yeah i remember being really worried about the controller at e3 until i tried it. have you used it for a remote yet? i heard its pretty good as a universal remote
    Its not bad. You can turn your TV on and off, change the input and channels without the system even being on, just have to press the TV button on the tablet. You can also access your cable/satellite guide and change channels. Its useful but probably wouldn't replace a normal remote imo.
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2012-11-28 at 07:19 PM.

Wii U - 32GB vs 8GB - How does memory storage work?

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone new the major difference between the White and Black versions of the Wii U.

From what I can tell the only difference is that the Black comes with "Nintendo Land" and has 32GB Storage vs. 8GB and also has a bunch of plastic stands...

Now Ive seen a couple of reviews for Nintendo Land and it looks like a mediocre game (something I would not buy).... But what is the difference between 32GB vs 8GB storage in terms of gameplay (Im kinda new to consoles... I dont understand if having 32GB of storage is really needed to play the games... or is it needed to download stuff?

Deleted
    you'll find way more info in the other nintendo threads but.. no unless you decide you want to download games from the eshop you wont need much space. If you do plan on buying alot from the eshop then the premium bundle also offers an eshop discount but you'll probably want to buy an external HDD aswell.

If the past 3 generations are anything to go by, only first party games will be any good, so there is no way you will fill up 8gb, let alone 32.

Nearly every game released right now is available to buy and download on the eshop. I think there might be a couple games on the eshop not available in stores too. If you don't care about downloading games, or Nintendo Land then you really don't need 32GB.

Doesn't the deluxe also come with rechargeable battery packs and a charger? If it does than that alone is probably worth getting the deluxe, if it doesn't (I'm actually not sure, haven't researched it) then space alone doesn't justify the price difference
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Doesn't the deluxe also come with rechargeable battery packs and a charger?
    It's a stand for the gamepad, a stand for the console, and a charging dock for the gamepad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless they said USB storage is all good. Not sure if that extends from simple USB 2.0 memory sticks to full FAT32 external HDD's...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone new the major difference between the White and Black versions of the Wii U.

From what I can tell the only difference is that the Black comes with "Nintendo Land" and has 32GB Storage vs. 8GB and also has a bunch of plastic stands...

Now Ive seen a couple of reviews for Nintendo Land and it looks like a mediocre game (something I would not buy).... But what is the difference between 32GB vs 8GB storage in terms of gameplay (Im kinda new to consoles... I dont understand if having 32GB of storage is really needed to play the games... or is it needed to download stuff?
    Assuming it's like with X360 and PS3, just get the 8GB and buy a new hard drive from Newegg if you really need more space.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Its cheaper to buy the white one and then get an external HDD.

Wii U and Wii Remote question.

Hello guys .
    I used the forum search only to find 2 really Wii U threads. And I still had my doubts if they would fit what I want to know.

My question is how much will the Wii U system use the Wii remote + nunchuck controllers?

I'll explain why and it's simple. I simply hate the controllers like that (I had one, sold after couple months of use). But I love the fun games and specially Mario/Zelda and big tittles from Nintendo.

When I saw the new controller I got excited and I really liked the Controller Pro Version too, but I see on some games the usage of The Wii Remote, specially on multiplayer. My wife also hates the Wii remote and we do not want the Wii U if you will be using it alot.

I know that games with 2 gamepads multiplayer are a little ways away, but even so I wonder how many companies will use them (because I'm not sure if everyone will have 2 gamepads at home for the price?). And also, would be much easier making a 1pad 4wii remote like nintendo land right?

So Will the Wii Remote be a required accessory for the Wii U?
    Any insights or thoughts about it?

Merged the existing Wii U threads into one!