Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'll try that when it finishes redownloading.

the platform is garbage, but it wont change any time soon.

Deleted
    I love Steam... Member since Oct 2006, and currently got 64 Games.

The only Part i really hate, is the Censoring of Games here in Germany.
    I can buy Games in the UK with a VPN and get it uncut...but then only playable with VPN.

Getting this nice Message when i try to buy bloody Games :

I am 37...wtf... this is so rediciolous.

The only thing I don't like about Steam is inability to buy original language (not localized for Americans/British) versions of games. Steam support said "screw you", in a polite manner... God, I hate having to pirate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post

I can buy Games in the UK with a VPN and get it uncut...but then only playable with VPN.

Well thats not steams fault ;P they and publishers have to follow the law on that type of stuff, mostly.

I havent had problems at all. Never had the "game not available" issue. Well it aint perfect, but what is?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had steam for 2 years now, and I've had 1 problem with them, which fixed itself about an hour later, which turned out to be my fault anyways (virus scanner blocked a file and was blocking the reinstall of said file.) Something makes me thing you managed to do something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lastwolf82 View Post
    I do have origin and I use it to run a few games but I don't experience any issues with origin. But then again I have heard that alot of people hate origin. =/
    My major issue with Origin (which I only have for ME1 and ME3, ME1 is only there because the CD was borked and that's how CS fixed it) is that the Origin process frequently hangs when I exit, so if I want to launch ME1 or ME3, I have to open the task manager, kill the process and then relaunch the game. Annoys me.

OT: How can anyone say Steam's prices suck when they put so much stuff on sale all the time? During the summer sale, I got like 7 games for under $30. How can you beat that?

Though I do get annoyed that Steam frequently lags.

Both Origin and Steam are imperfect, but I don't especially hate either of them. I do like Steam more than Origin though, mostly due to the deals . . . and not being a part of EA.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 06:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    The only problem I've had with Origin so far is when windows starts up and Origin launches, it brings up the news feed in French. I've looked at the client settings on it and it says it is set to English, so I can't figure out why it's showing me the news feed in French.
    I'm an American but when I was in Germany Origin would launch adds in German but the rest of the client would be English. Are you in France or a French speaking nation?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by abb93 View Post
    I honestly hate steam. From my experience, I've had almost nothing but problems, and very few joys with it. It crashes, ''Steam Cloud Sync'' never stops, games not working etc. I've stopped buying games from Steam purely for this reason.
    you can turn off steam cloud sync, the fact that you haven't even checked out the options to see this makes the rest of your point invalid. you'd learn a lot in life by poking around stuff. sometimes you screw things up, sometimes you learn a lot, it's what we do

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post

Yeah, that's not really steam choosing to censor the games in your country. It's steam following the laws of your country and selling the censored game in it. If you have an issue with the censoring take it up with your government because they're the ones responsible for it.

I personally love Steam. I've only 17 ATM and have only had a problem with one game. I got Dirt 3 for free when I bought my current video card and it wouldn't load past the start up splash screen. Turns out I needed to delete something called OpenAL, once I did that it ran fine but I'm not into racers anyway so I uninstalled it. I've bought all kinds of games from KotOR to AC: Brotherhood, even both Bioshock titles which a LOT of people have issues with loaded up and play fine every time.

I couldn't be happier with Steam ATM. This past summer sale was amazing. I got the entire Batman catalog for $25 with all DLC, to me that's an amazing deal.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Jaymzkerten, now that I see that you do, in fact, have an ATI card...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...postcount=2139

Try that. This issue is an AMD driver issue, apparently, and is not at all connected to Steam.
    That did it, thanks for the find.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    I'm an American but when I was in Germany Origin would launch adds in German but the rest of the client would be English. Are you in France or a French speaking nation?
    Only if California recently became an independent nation and changed the national language to French. :P

All 197 games I have on steam work fine. I personally like steam and have only ever had an issue with it once.

That did it, thanks for the find.

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 05:54 PM ----------

Only if California recently became an independent nation and changed the national language to French. :P

Woot, glad to help! I really hope this doesn't permanently ruin your Steam experience, because it really is a great service.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I'm sure over time it'll grow on me as I find more games with fewer issues, just when issues get compiled it's beyond aggravating. I still stand on my complaints against the multiple account thing, security reasons or not.

This thread reminds me of that whiny mac user that whined that Steam was terrible because he couldn't get Portal to run on his Macbook.

Anyways, just be patient, man. Not everything can be perfectly working 100% of the time. If verifying the integrity of the game cache and verifying the filesystem and such didn't work, it could be a problem with your hardware specs or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    This thread reminds me of that whiny mac user that whined that Steam was terrible because he couldn't get Portal to run on his Macbook.

Anyways, just be patient, man. Not everything can be perfectly working 100% of the time. If verifying the integrity of the game cache and verifying the filesystem and such didn't work, it could be a problem with your hardware specs or something.
    or if you read the thread you would realize it was a problem with his video card and he fixed it

Not even a problem with my video card so much as a program for the video card that Portal 2 does not like.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 08:19 AM ----------

Also I will say that the headache was worth the trouble, finally started playing Portal 2 last night and within about 30 min I was addicted.

Also I will say that the headache was worth the trouble, finally started playing Portal 2 last night and within about 30 min I was addicted.
    Yeah, Portal 2 is amazing. Hopefully you don't have any more issues with Steam, because it really is a pretty awesome platform when it's working properly. I know I've had a few issues with games on Steam before but overall it seems to work well for the majority of people.

Quote Originally Posted by zoop View Post
    I agree with you, but what can I say. Apparantly there is no alternative so people give their money to Valve. I don't like Steam. Hate the UI, hate the prices, hate their policy on used games, hate steamworks integration. I'm very worried that it's taking over the entire PC platform.

and the precedent.. god, the precedent. Us making Valve rich is sending all developers (like EA) the message that we WANT services like this.
    I never used Steam, but even not knowing it I can assure you that Origin is a crap that's not even loosely related to Steam. Steam is made to entice gamers, Origin is made to control them.

And of course Origin is failing miserably, and scaring customers away. Steam is around for how long?