Symbiosis-Worried on what you could be facing in PvP

Ok so i just seen the Symbiosis chart on the mmo front page, and my question is on top of a druid grabbing a "Divine Sheild" from a pally i take it the CD would be the same "5 Minute Cooldown" Now i haven't looked into the CD of Symbiosis if there even is 1. For the sake of argument, Say the druid casts Symbiosis on a target and he grabs the kill and uses it and its on CD Then he casts Symbiosis on a different target/Class would that replace the existing CD of the skill u just had for a refreshed new skill to use?

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 09:51 AM ----------

Ok i just quicky checked the Symbiosis tooltip and it has no CD just a "base mana %" that i seen So How is this going to work out, is Symbiosis going to be some op skill were you grab a 5Min CD skill from a pally "use it" then tab off to another class for another skill use it and back to a pally for another Shield? not saying Blizz is dumb and they need to fix there stuff i think this Symbiosis skill is going to be 1 hell of a fun skill to use in pvp. But as for many and all classes back in the day with a skill or crazy buff they had. it will be abused if that is the case. "UNLESS" they have it set up to i use the "shield" its on a 5 min i steal another persons skill use it that goes on CD and i take the shield from the pally again BUT its still on CD for the 5 mins regardless that i tab'd and got a new skill and went back on the pally to grab the shield again. I dont know what you guys think or if this question has been answered in a thread already. its not the shield im worried about. its the Balanced druid grabbing are HoJ And could be using it over and over again if they hit Symbiosis on a different class just to tab back to use for the HoJ.

Deleted
    Symbiosis is a long, 6 seconds cast, that's going to be difficult to pull off in the middle of a pvp fight. Also it's not a given that the CD of the gained ability is reset when you cast symbiosis.

Its no CD, 6 sec cast out of combat (druid and target) and last trough death. So it basicaly means that before arena/BG starts druid will cast it and thats it. But this I hope will not go live for arena and BG as it would be disaster.

Deleted
    Creates a symbiotic link which grants the Druid one ability belonging to the target's class, varying by the Druid's specialization.

Also grants the target one Druid ability based on their class and combat role.

Lasts 1 hour and persists through death. Cannot be cast on other Druids. Effect cancelled if Druid and target become too far apart.

on top of that which can not be cast in combat so you can only use it once per pull/arena

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Method89 View Post
    Ok so i just seen the Symbiosis chart on the mmo front page, and my question is on top of a druid grabbing a "Divine Sheild" from a pally i take it the CD would be the same "5 Minute Cooldown" Now i haven't looked into the CD of Symbiosis if there even is 1. For the sake of argument, Say the druid casts Symbiosis on a target and he grabs the kill and uses it and its on CD Then he casts Symbiosis on a different target/Class would that replace the existing CD of the skill u just had for a refreshed new skill to use?

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 09:51 AM ----------

Ok i just quicky checked the Symbiosis tooltip and it has no CD just a "base mana %" that i seen So How is this going to work out, is Symbiosis going to be some op skill were you grab a 5Min CD skill from a pally "use it" then tab off to another class for another skill use it and back to a pally for another Shield? not saying Blizz is dumb and they need to fix there stuff i think this Symbiosis skill is going to be 1 hell of a fun skill to use in pvp. But as for many and all classes back in the day with a skill or crazy buff they had. it will be abused if that is the case. "UNLESS" they have it set up to i use the "shield" its on a 5 min i steal another persons skill use it that goes on CD and i take the shield from the pally again BUT its still on CD for the 5 mins regardless that i tab'd and got a new skill and went back on the pally to grab the shield again. I dont know what you guys think or if this question has been answered in a thread already. its not the shield im worried about. its the Balanced druid grabbing are HoJ And could be using it over and over again if they hit Symbiosis on a different class just to tab back to use for the HoJ.
    Replace the words "steal" and "take" to Copy and in a lot of cases copy a weaker version of the original. In some cases it is going to be OP but it is unlikely to be used in the manner you describe.

The effect should be noted that it only expires when one of the players zones. So I could cast it at the start of a BG and it will persist the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by skiby View Post
    Creates a symbiotic link which grants the Druid one ability belonging to the target's class, varying by the Druid's specialization.

Also grants the target one Druid ability based on their class and combat role.

Lasts 1 hour and persists through death. Cannot be cast on other Druids. Effect cancelled if Druid and target become too far apart.

on top of that which can not be cast in combat so you can only use it once per pull/arena
    Ahh OK Well that explains a lot, it not being able to cast in combat changes a lot of things now can this Symbiosis be cast on Enemy players and friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Method89 View Post
    Ahh OK Well that explains a lot, it not being able to cast in combat changes a lot of things now can this Symbiosis be cast on Enemy players and friendly?
    probebly only party/raid members why would you want to cast it on a enemy player?

Deleted
    is it possible, that i block it, if a druid is trying to symbiose with me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yosj View Post
    is it possible, that i block it, if a druid is trying to symbiose with me?
    Why would you want to block it? It's not like you are going to lose your ability. Say you are a SP, you just get an extra button to Tranq, while the druids symbiosis gets replaced with the ability to disperse. At least that's how I understand the mechanic.

So u use it on friendlys right? If so i can see resto druids being good on defense in rbg so they can give tanks an extra cd

Resto shaman jungle cleave with Hunter camo gylph.

The scariest opener ever.

The only non-druid class I will worry about are shaman. Stealth restos and ele caster lockdown (wind shear, solar beam, thunderstorm - any hardcasts will be a pain)

For druids: Guardian - nothing too OP. Feral - everything makes me cringe a little. Balance - cloak + displacer beast = druid escape artist. Resto - deterrence (5sec free of interrupts) and IBF (stun immunity, 3 20% dmg reduction CDs on 1, 2, and 3 min CDs)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Why would you want to block it? It's not like you are going to lose your ability. Say you are a SP, you just get an extra button to Tranq, while the druids symbiosis gets replaced with the ability to disperse. At least that's how I understand the mechanic.
    cause ppl like to make other ppl mad and i just hope that blizzard will make it not to be able to remove the buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    Its no CD, 6 sec cast out of combat (druid and target) and last trough death. So it basicaly means that before arena/BG starts druid will cast it and thats it. But this I hope will not go live for arena and BG as it would be disaster.
    so you saying we cant use our lvl 87 in bg and arena's? oke, than they have to not let you use your lvl 87 spell too in bg and arena's.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 09:07 AM ----------

Why would you block our lvl 87 spell? you can use yours too, and you getting something for free also!

Symbiosis must not work in BGs and Arena. It's retardedly imbalanced and will never be balanced unless it's made useless.

Disc Priest with Cyclone, while Holy Palas gain Rebirth (pointless in Arena).

Mages gain access to Healspells that can crit for roughly 150k in PvP gear and has 10 sec cd..

Just look at this and you'll see how symbiosis will be just op in any PvP setting. Some classes get complete crap, others get incredibly op stuff.. Most of the stuff adresses a weakness of the class but the range of benefit differs greatly.

Blizzard should leave bullshit abilities like this out of the game and instead focus on unique class mechanics. Most class mechanics are faulty and have a lot of problems. And it seems likely that Blizzard will once again do nothing about it and release band aid fixes that shall satisfy us until the next expansion comes, which again worsens everything.

History is repetititititititititititive.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fyl View Post
    so you saying we cant use our lvl 87 in bg and arena's? oke, than they have to not let you use your lvl 87 spell too in bg and arena's.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 09:07 AM ----------

Why would you block our lvl 87 spell? you can use yours too, and you getting something for free also!

Symbiosis fucks up balance completely. Don't you see it? Fuck your lvl 87 spell.. Get a new one or whatever.. But symbiosis is just fail design.

Deleted
    not sure its quite that bad, but it's going to lead to some massive cheesing in 2s for sure. 2s will be even worse than it has ever been before, and that's saying something.
    not sure how much impact it will have on 3s. not sure how much impact on RBGs either.

you can guarantee seeing a lot more druids around in MoP though

15+ Year Old Account
    druids should have gotten a new shapeshift instead, that gives them access to every ability in the game =D