Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've seen comparisons on the Sonny Ericsson Xperia Ray Vs The Galaxy Ace and the Ray beats it, it also has an 8 megapixel camera and it doesn't lag as much as the ace, apparently. I know the answer has already been given to me through those comparisons, but I'm always partial to a second opinion. Anyone with knowledge about this?

Quote Originally Posted by zipzy View Post
    Samsung Galaxy SII
    Very happy with it apart from that you can't turn the camera sound off without doing some hacking stuff that i cbf with
    Just lower sound to minimum and there is no sound on camera, at least that's how it works on my Galaxy s2

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    If you want a iPhone 4s, just get the iPhone4, plug it in and update it, hey presto you have a 4s. The only difference is that its on a higher OS release out of the box. As far as I'm aware that's the only difference. And people claim the S3 is better because it is, Specification wise anyway, I believe the only thing that the iPhone 4/4s is winning on is size, but that's only because the S3's screen is a hell of alot bigger.

Apple went downhill after the original iPhone, that was great back then, they've just got too greedy throwing out "new" stuff that's not really any different, and people just go out and buy it anyway.
    the only real difference is the lack of Siri on the 4, which is why i'm not bothering upgrading to the 4s with the 5 out in a couple of months

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    the only real difference is the lack of Siri on the 4, which is why i'm not bothering upgrading to the 4s with the 5 out in a couple of months
    The OS update to a iPhone 4 enables siri.

An iPhone 4 IS a 4s if you plug it into a computer. This is my main reason for disliking apple. The phones exactly the same. They wait 6 months after releasing a phone, and instead of releasing an OS update, they update all the phones they got left over, stick an S badge on it, bump the price up and generate some hype, then throw them in every shop on the planet. They just pretty much con millions of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that recommends an iPhone
    Possibly, but the thread title is not "What phone do you recommend?". That would be harder to answer, anyway, since a lot of things would factor into an answer. Instead, it's "What phone do you have?".

or even claims its anything above "satisfactory" is a fanboy
    I despise Macs with a passion. For a variety of reasons. My phone satisfies me thoroughly.

...That sounds horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumennon View Post
    My phone satisfies me thoroughly.

...That sounds horrible.
    is there a henry hoover app or something ? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    iPhone 3GS, I'm so old school!
    I've got a mate who still uses a Nokia 6110. 2 years old doesn't really class as 'old school'

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    No, it enables voice commands, but it doesn't enable Siri.
    The difference being?

Calm down, nobody even brought up apple fanboy-ism
    I know, I'm just trying to educate the people that have bought iPhones.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there a henry hoover app or something ? :S
    Oh god... The horror... That face.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

iPhone 4S, I prefer it over the Galaxy because I prefer the looks of the iPhone.

I know the galaxy has better hardware stats, but cmon, it's a bloody phone.

You can almost have a conversation with Siri

You can only really tell your phone to stop/start music and to call people. The voice command options are pretty limited
    And what use is talking to your phone? Its a Phone you can ring people, why in the world would you sit and talk to your phone. And I'm sorry, but if your supply of friends / people to talk to is that scarce, then... i Dno, jump off a bridge or something?

I think the ONLY think I've ever used my S-Voice for so far is weather forecasts. Because it is actually easier that way. Why would i want to start stop music with a voice command when the button on my earphones does that? why would i ask it the time when it says in the top right corner anyway? So your paying extra money for a totally useless feature?

In that case, i remain with my previous statement, the 4s is a con.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    iPhone 4

An iPhone 4 and a Samsung Shark as my business phone.

Anyone that recommends an iPhone, or even claims its anything above "satisfactory" is a fanboy, there's no logical reason to get one when they even advertise that its not as powerful as most other phones.

To prove my point, look up the specs for the iPhone5, the hardware inside is on par with the S3, and its not going to be about for ages yet. They release phones that compete with previous generations of other brands. And im not a samsung fanboy btw, im using that example because thats what i have and what i can compare it too. The ONE X also wipes the floor with the iphone 5. as do many other phones.
    I am not a fan-boy and claim the device to be above satisfactory. First of all, it perfectly fits into my palm and does not disturb when in my pocket contrary to many 4.5-inch+ smartphones out there.
    Now regarding the performance, for a smartphone I get perfect performance from it when having to sync my various files, reading up my mails, taking calls as well as taking some small notes when necessary etc.
    I am not planning on running MATLAB or an Unreal Engine based, game I have a tons of other devices that I can connect to or carry to do so.

Deleted
    Lumia 800. I don't like the look of iPhones and iOS and Android is the same shit.

You can almost have a conversation with Siri

You can only really tell your phone to stop/start music and to call people. The voice command options are pretty limited
    I talk to people and use buttons/a touch screen to command my phone. I really don't understand why phone companies think we want to combine the two

10+ Year Old Account
    Nokia 9120.
    OLD SCHOOL YO!

Going to get either an iPhone5 or the next gen of Samsung.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I know it's probably an unpopular opinion, but I really like the iPhone 4S. My Dad has a Galaxy S (not sure of the number) and my Mum has an 4s. The 4s just seems so polished and everything you want to do can be done so easily. It just feels great. I've tried the Galaxy and it doesn't feel as good. I'd love some insight into why people think Samsung are better because I'm not brand loyale to anyone at the moment. ;P
    What pisses me off most about Apple products (apart from the vastly over-inflated pricing) is iTunes:

The way they lock the phone to one computer is a real pain and adding music to it has to be done via the software, rather than by file transfer in windows. If you connect your phone to someone else's iTunes you run the risk of losing all the music off your phone. Perhaps it's easier on a Mac. I know there are ways around it but when I want to add some music or a file to my phone I want to be able to use it like a USB data stick and just drag and drop stuff, this should be supported natively by the software, or the file structure of the phone should be a lot clearer.

I built my parents a new PC recently and my Dad's iPhone had to be re-registered to it which, because he hardly uses iTunes, was a nightmare to try and remember the password for and actually get iTunes to recognise the phone and begin updating it because he hadn't done it in a while. Granted the password is a user issue, but why do I need to register the phone in order to update it?

I was looking for ages to find out how to back up the contacts on the phone (because during the update, above, I was warned that I might lose all data on the phone) but I had to install windows live mail or outlook because iTunes doesn't have a native contact's viewer. So if I want to back up my contacts or edit them on my computer I have to install another piece of software to do it. Crazy.

My wife has an iPod and uses iTunes on our laptop and every other week it seems there is an update which takes an age to download and install. The way they package their updates is clunky as hell.

I don't think iTunes was designed around phones, it's much more about music and the software I've used from Nokia and Samsung has been much, much better for achieving quick and simple tasks. It's only small stuff really, but the software is a major stumbling block in the whole Apple brand for me. It adds up to a pretty horrible user experience and I cannot see why anyone would want to limit themselves to the Apple way of doing things when there are so much more user friendly alternatives.

Lastly, I've never understood the whole trendiness of owning Apple products. For most home users there is no benefit to swapping to iOS and it's no easier to use than Windows in my experience. If you do web/music/video editing for a living then maybe having a mac is good in the long term, but when I see teenagers with macs that cost 3 times more than my windows laptop I feel pretty sad that people blindly buy into the hype. I had a macbook for work for a couple of years and nothing in that period of ownership made buying one for myself remotely appealing. Maybe it's just me but paying more for something doesn't make it a better product, it just makes it more expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    iPhone 4S. Never had an iPhone before, never want something else again.
    It's nearly perfect.

Had a Galaxy S, just upgraded to SIII and absolutely loving it.

I'm using a samsung galaxy s3 from AT&T that is rooted and flashed with the latest daily build of Cyganogen Mod. Phone is awesome. Was using a blackberry bold 9900 prior to the switch. Actually was a blackberry user for the last 8 or so years. With RIM's email push notifications getting slower and slower, the phone was useless to me so I made a switch and I am overall very happy with my decision to switch to the s3.