Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmorgrim View Post
    One thing to also keep in mind, mind sear scales with our mastery, while RoF doesn't.
    Look at the maths, even if every single tick of Sear procced, the damage would be doubled. Doesn't take a genius to figure out (1722.5)*2 < 4356.

This is how absurdly weak Sear is at the moment.

The only reason (that I can think of) that Mind Sear is currently as weak as it is, is because it can keep a higher uptime on the targets (assuming neatly stacked and targeting tank) and thus would 'apparently' make up for the difference. But, in my opinion at least, this is just a weak argument as the damage is just too low.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2012-08-29 at 10:46 AM.

Am I the only one here who is disappointed that Shadow word: insanity is not core shadow priest ability?
    Never played beta and wowhead/wowdb calculators only displayed Power Word: Solace as talent.
    Pretty lame, it's a fun ability that would make difference between good and bad priest, yet the worst choice of 3.
    Last edited by Myzrael; 2012-08-29 at 11:39 AM.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

That's a little off topic but I remember a thread about the Shadowpriest vs the Affliction Warlock. He was complaining that he couldn't beat an affliction warlock. The irony is I haven't lost from one yet when the new patch came out.

I just finished testing shadow on a dummy on my alt priest, did all lock specs/balance/all mage specs earlier today. Just wow, it is by miles the absolutely easiest rotation out of all the spellcasters. I don't even know where to begin imagining how bored/relaxed raiding spriests will be this expansion. Kinda speechless really, have no idea why they would dumb down shadow so extremely much.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostcrawler
    We increased the damage of Mind Sear by 30%. Shadow sustained AoE was significantly low. It should still be preferable to multi-DoT on a few targets, but this should make Mind Sear a more attractive option against larger groups.
    Wow. That was fixed really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I just finished testing shadow on a dummy on my alt priest, did all lock specs/balance/all mage specs earlier today. Just wow, it is by miles the absolutely easiest rotation out of all the spellcasters. I don't even know where to begin imagining how bored/relaxed raiding spriests will be this expansion. Kinda speechless really, have no idea why they would dumb down shadow so extremely much.
    One of if not the most complicated rotations in terms of spell / proc and cooldown management turned into a whack-a-mole checklist of a rotation. It is just depressing how patheticly easy and boring the new rotation is.

The irony of it all is that Affliction in this patch plays almost identical to how shadow played pre-patch. Why was this style so necessary to remove from shadow but it works out perfectly for affliction.
    Last edited by jonish; 2012-08-30 at 06:44 AM.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted
    -- We increased the damage of Mind Sear by 30%. Shadow sustained AoE was significantly low. It should still be preferable to multi-DoT on a few targets, but this should make Mind Sear a more attractive option against larger groups.

Deleted
    Did my first DS HC run last night. We got through 7/8hc with no massive problems, except for Madness when we couldn't slow the bloods so left that encounter for later in the week.

First impressions seem that Spriest is easy dps, just as it was in Beta. Burst on Tendons on Spine is not too bad as I was expecting it would be, if you pick the right talents you can still get some half decent damage (I specced ToF and procced it on the Amal just before it explodes, but I think PI might be better). However, I was having a lot of fun with the amount of utility I bought to the raid. I found dps was so easy that I could spare a few globals just to help with heals or speed boosts or whatever for the rest of the raid. Not sure if it's intended, but it was quite fun anyway. Being able to pull people out of fire without falling out of Shadowform is brilliant.

Just my 2 cents anyway. I still miss the old rotation though.

Deleted
    short question: for now we go for 3051 haste and than crit?
    Last edited by mmocaa34716105; 2012-08-30 at 10:42 AM.

Short answer: Yes

I still miss the old rotation though.
    I certainly don't miss the t13 Mind Spike burst, but I do miss the old t11-t12 rotation
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Multi dotting with FDCL and DI.

Not having enough globals to use all your procs, won't be to boring on multi dot encounters.

All the mage rotations are just as easy IMO.

Deleted
    Halo is all I look forward to - I've yet to level my priest on the BETA and I don't really feel like it cause I've spoiled the content enough as it is by leveling my Monk and Mage to 90 =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    Halo is all I look forward to - I've yet to level my priest on the BETA and I don't really feel like it cause I've spoiled the content enough as it is by leveling my Monk and Mage to 90 =)
    Halo is amazing and pretty
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    One of if not the most complicated rotations in terms of spell / proc and cooldown management turned into a whack-a-mole checklist of a rotation. It is just depressing how patheticly easy and boring the new rotation is.

The irony of it all is that Affliction in this patch plays almost identical to how shadow played pre-patch. Why was this style so necessary to remove from shadow but it works out perfectly for affliction.
    I'm sorry but saying that our old rotation was much harder than our new one is just wrong. Just because we have less things to worry about doesn't make it automatically simpler when we have to constantly worry about them at the same time. And I also find it funny to see so many people claiming that our rotation is "patheticaly" easy when they probably can't even maintain it for an entire fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Halo is amazing and pretty
    Its by far the only reason I enjoyed shadow on BETA. Halo is kickass.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I'm sorry but saying that our old rotation was much harder than our new one is just wrong. Just because we have less things to worry about doesn't make it automatically simpler when we have to constantly worry about them at the same time. And I also find it funny to see so many people claiming that our rotation is "patheticaly" easy when they probably can't even maintain it for an entire fight.
    Actually, if you have less things to worry about, it does make it automatically simpler. Because, well, if not, what does then?

Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    Actually, if you have less things to worry about, it does make it automatically simpler. Because, well, if not, what does then?
    I agree with Celentes. SPriests do have the easiest rotation in the game right now, by quite a margin. However, since it is 6 am, I will point out that sometimes straightforward tasks can be much harder then something more intricate :P

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I agree with Celentes. SPriests do have the easiest rotation in the game right now, by quite a margin. However, since it is 6 am, I will point out that sometimes straightforward tasks can be much harder then something more intricate :P
    Not if you exclude the external factors. Intricate tasks don't work at 6 AM either for that point, unless you're used to them enough to leave out decision making part of the brain asleep without sacrificing much performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    Assume you have three things to worry about, they happen with 15 seconds interval of each other, every time not changing ever. That is easy to manage. Assume you have two things to worry about but they sometimes occur at the same time, forcing you to decide which one to use first. They also occur with a 3 second interval, forcing you to constantly keep check of them. Now, which is harder? More things usually make it harder but not automatically.
    Last edited by mmoc9f3c8526e6; 2012-09-01 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Assume you have three things to worry about, they happen with 15 seconds interval of each other, every time. That is easy to manage. Assume you have two things to worry about but they sometimes occur at the same time, forcing you to decide which one to use first. They also occur with a 3 second interval, forcing you to constantly keep check of them. Now, which is harder? More things usually make it harder but not automatically.
    What you're basically saying is in the second case you have more things to worry about.
    Thing is, I don't have to worry about anything in the current rotation. There was space for altering and improving your dps in specific situations before, where you were risking to drop things you should be worrying about. Now it's a matter of reaction and priority (and a more strict one at that - there's a definite answer what is better when now).