Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

How will humans look like 10 million years from now?

(Religion aside)

About so many years ago, we looked like this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homininae

If you believe we can't survive that long on earth, lets assume aliens come and rescue few billion of us, and put us into some type of a zoo or something, and let us breed however we want.

So assuming humans survive for so long, what do you guys think we'll look like in the future?
    Last edited by someotherguy; 2012-07-30 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    we'll look quite dead, possibly rotten.

humor aside, I think we'll part with unnecessary things like wisdom teeth/some fingers or toes. Biology isn't my thing
    Last edited by mmoc6223637058; 2012-07-30 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    (Religion aside)

About so many years ago, we looked like this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homininae

If you believe we can't survive that long on earth, lets assume aliens come and rescue few billion of us, and put us into some type of a zoo or something, and let us breed however we want.

So assuming humans survive for so long, what do you guys think we'll look like in the future?
    Hopefully nothing like this: http://www.geekologie.com/2012/02/fu...ke-in-50-m.php

We will have grown a third hand for additional key-bindings.

Deleted
    Impossible to answer since we don't know how our world looks like in 10 mil years

10+ Year Old Account
    *facepalm*

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-07-31 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually when you think about it, humans don't totally suffer from natural selection so unless we genetically engineer our appearance we may not actually look that different

other than a possible loss of what is already deteriorating in all humans D.N.A

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    actually when you think about it, humans don't totally suffer from natural selection so unless we genetically engineer our appearance we may not actually look that different

other than a possible loss of what is already deteriorating in all humans D.N.A
    ever heard of evolution? I mean, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im gonna go out on a limb here and guess we will look like Elves (Dark Elves/Dark Eldar from Warcraft).
    Longer hours without sunlight due to work and the heavy pollution we are bound to create whilst strip mining all the planets closest to us for resources, just to get to the next planet and do it all over again.
    So yeah, look like Elves, extremely pale and extremely keen senses. Also combine that with some extreme hardware built into us (our blood cells will be synthetic robotic organisms, etc).
    We will basically be gods, extremely powerful and extremely smart.

Or we'll look like monkey because some dick head in government decides to start WWIII very soon...

I HIGHLY doubt humanity will survive another 10 million years, especially not at the rate we're going

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Natural selection and evolution walk hand in hand.
    Back on topic, pic related
    Last edited by Thrive; 2012-07-31 at 12:03 AM.

I think on the outside we would look almost the same. On the inside we would probably no longer have certain organs, how are organs work would be different, are brains will probably be bigger...but not enough to look very different. A lot of animals have not changed dramatically on the outside, humans can live in most environment already...so it's unlikely we'll change much on the outside unless we start living in the ocean or the moon or whatever.

we'll have larger heads, shorter limbs and less muscular bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    I HIGHLY doubt humanity will survive another 10 million years, especially not at the rate we're going

Maybe 500 years, being extremely optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Without pressure from the environment - there isn't evolution.

The only pressures I see are financial, so I imagine our evolution will be towards rich, lazy fatcat bankers. What they will look like after 10 million years of evolution - who knows.

Probably extinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Humans DIDN'T look like Gorillas actually, we do have a common ancestor though. They're just as evolved as us (and so is all life on earth).

But 10 million years is a REALLY long time in terms of technology and society. Just look at how long we've come over the last 50 years.

Deleted
    I don't believe humans will exist by then, we will probably have given way to natural disasters or wars by that time, but IF humans still reigned in 10m years from now, I guess we would have larger heads due to brain development, and bodies to support those heads. Maybe larger eyes, feet/hands aswell.

But technology is right now hindering our natural evolution, since we don't really need to evolve atm. Perhaps better immune systems, and the sort.

Tho, I'm pretty sure most if not all humans will share about the same skintone, since we are gradually mixing ethnicities with eachother. So skintone would probably lean towards hispanic/arabic, since it's the "middle blend" :P
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2012-07-31 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I don't believe humans will exist by then, we will probably have given way to natural disasters or wars by that time, but IF humans still reigned in 10m years from now, I guess we would have larger heads due to brain development, and bodies to support those heads. Maybe larger eyes, feet/hands aswell.

But technology is right now hindering our natural evolution, since we don't really need to evolve atm. Perhaps better immune systems, and the sort.
    The funny thing is at this point our technology is our evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Impossible to answer since we don't know how our world looks like in 10 mil years
    If we remain a technological species for that 10 million years then the world around us will have little to no impact on our appearances, which is already the case to a certain degree anyway. Most changes to our appereances will most likely come from our own hands, genetical engineering etc. 10 million years however is such a long time that we'd propably be a piece of computer code or something else with no evident material appereance by then.

Without pressure from the environment - there isn't evolution.
    The brain will still continue to evolve.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2012-07-31 at 12:08 AM.