10+ Year Old Account

Question A question for the rogues - Assassinate Creed Mission

I have a question for you rogues

How many attempts did it take you to navigate Gilneas to get to creed?

Been doing this for 2hrs now and im gettin ragey!

Im using distract and Sap when pats come near me

So can anyone offer any advice to help me out?
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    When I did it on my alt I took an hour figuring out the best route. There's no "perfect" way to do things, I think. Gotta take some risks at some point when mobs' backs are turned.

Karazhan Grounds was a lot easier, both navigating it and the boss battle.

Loved both though. I dont understand how Blizzard can spend time putting something so cool in the game for rogues only, while saying months before that "they want everyone to experience all content, so no more class/profession-specific quest stuff".
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    a hint I can give you is to have a subtlety spec specifically for the stealth part. it allows you to skip to the bridge relatively easily. the fight is tricky as sub, a combat build dedicated to survival (improved recup, 50% armor,...) works better. use your cooldowns. the boss isn't immune to stuns.
    another hint: distract works on these mobs, use it to your advantage. vanish and sap does so as well.
    the final hint: that circle around you only alerts enemies when they're facing you. if they're facing away from you (through distract, for example), you can nearly get up in their ass.

one more hint: there are a number of guides, like on WoWhead and other such websites.

What nzall said. That circle is only there because those mobs have better stealth detection than most other mobs (ie, they'll see you sooner). The circle shows you that extra range. All the normal stealth rules still apply (ie, they can't see you if you're behind them).

10+ Year Old Account
    First, before starting the quest, fly over the zone a bit, get an idea for the layout of the town. Then, turn on your enemy health bars, this will help you keep track of enemies. Glyph distract and glyph sprint.

Distract and sap are your friends. Enemies that have their backs turned to you don't notice you, and neither do sleeping enemies. Furthermore you can just sap your way through, sapping (almost) every enemy you meet and walk straight through them. You can also 'wait out' patrols this way and 'park' them in a spot where they're not in the way. Stay close to houses, there are no enemies inside the buildings. (Which you can see cause you have enemy health bars on )

Finally, the hard part starts when you get very close to the end, which is just after a small central square with a big tree in the middle, a small stairs straight ahead and a small campfire looking ahead, with the boss just right from this campfire. Several patrols are going in different directions. It's hard to wait them out and you can't sap/sap/sap your way through anymore here. But what does work is sap/sap/sap as far as you can and then (glyphed sprint) make a run for it! When you reach the boss area, you get a whisper with 'you made it! blabla' which means your run was successful and your quest got flagged as finished. But because you made a run for it you are now detected so you still get ported out, but now you can just fly over the zone to the boss. Land on the roof behind him, change your glyphs/spec, and pull him at your own pace.

Vanish works when you get detected, but only if the original enemy that detected you hasn't called in his friends. (Else you just get teleported out anyway.)

There might be better ways of doing it, but I wanted to figure it out myself instead of using a guide. Took me about 30 minutes.

Try a sub spec for the stealth part. I found that shadowstep was helping greatly.
    Also, you could glyph vanish for a 5 sec duration of the improved stealth buff. You can get very close to enemy's while under the effects of this buff without them noticing you.

If you can't do it just look up a vid on youtube or something.

Deleted
    distract/sap/blind don't forget to blind as blind alows you to get through an area where a single sap will not do.
    also greatly support geting there as sub with shadowstep. once you make it to creed ur there until you need to repair so u can unstealth in his room and respec if you don't know the sub rotations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Infs View Post
    Try a sub spec for the stealth part. I found that shadowstep was helping greatly.
    Also, you could glyph vanish for a 5 sec duration of the improved stealth buff. You can get very close to enemy's while under the effects of this buff without them noticing you.
    This. You can skip over the tricky parts by vanishing in-stealth...the vanish buff drastically improves your stealth, you can run directly through mobpacks without being seen. With a sub spec and glyph of vanish you can have ten seconds of nigh invisibility.

Stealth into Gilneas…?!?

Engineering, For The Win…!!!

Step One - Line up on bridge entrance right outside of Military District, but far enough back that the buff/debuff (depends how you look at it) of the guy who teleports you back when you get spotted is not preset…

Step Two - Mount up! I used my Turbo-Charged Flying Machine, because it is BOSS…! Fly straight at the entrance to the Military District…!

Step Three - When you reach the point where the buff/debuff kicks in, dismount in mid-flight AND IMMEDIATELY pop your Flexweave Overlay…!

Step Four - Allow yourself to glide in a forward & downward motion until you are just past the bridge, then kill the Flexweave Overlay, and then IMMEDIATELY hit your Nitro Boosts…!

Step Five - After Creed kills you in his courtyard (which you should have just reached by the end of Step Four), ghost back to your corpse, rez & Vanish… Go into one of the towers accessed from the courtyard & eat something to get your HP & Food Buff back…

Might not have been the sneakiest of maneuvers, but it got me there…!

Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post
    Stealth into Gilneas…?!?

Engineering, For The Win…!!!

Step One - Line up on bridge entrance right outside of Military District, but far enough back that the buff/debuff (depends how you look at it) of the guy who teleports you back when you get spotted is not preset…

Step Two - Mount up! I used my Turbo-Charged Flying Machine, because it is BOSS…! Fly straight at the entrance to the Military District…!

Step Three - When you reach the point where the buff/debuff kicks in, dismount in mid-flight AND IMMEDIATELY pop your Flexweave Overlay…!

Step Four - Allow yourself to glide in a forward & downward motion until you are just past the bridge, then kill the Flexweave Overlay, and then IMMEDIATELY hit your Nitro Boosts…!

Step Five - After Creed kills you in his courtyard (which you should have just reached by the end of Step Four), ghost back to your corpse, rez & Vanish… Go into one of the towers accessed from the courtyard & eat something to get your HP & Food Buff back…

Might not have been the sneakiest of maneuvers, but it got me there…!
    Actually, you don't need eng and doing it your way actually makes a higher chance of failure due to low margin of error (Port back, caught by guard)

Fly over to the start of Gilneas in the same way he is explaining, drop on the roof of the building right outside military quarter, stealth and jump down into the tree right there. The area of the tree is large enough to void all guards around you and you can pretty much just walk off the roof stealth and land.

Deleted
    Well, another way to do this is to jump off of the bridge to Gilneas before the guards at the gate, swim to the dock and wait for the patrol that goes up and down the stairs to go up again. DISTRACT the guard looking at you, jump out and restealth. There is some kind of inside/outside the city barrier there that will unstealth you the moment you jump up on the dock. Sap the distracted guard and go up.
    BEWARE: You will be un-stealthed AGAIN about halfway up the stairs.
    When you make it through here you can sit safely in the trench with the bit of water and plot the rest of your trek that would basically only need you to cross that last tricky square with the tree in the center.

As for Creed, good luck and try not to get caught on the Fence Of Death.