Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Okay this opens up a situation for healers, right? Or does power also affect healing?

So they are basically relegated to PVE regardless, or am I drastically wrong?

I am suprized at how many PvP hero's out there have a serious problem with this. As easy as PvE is to them how could downing a Raid Boss be such a deal breaker? That says nothing about how they assert that Skill out-does Gear at every turn, until they are getting beat.

Is facing the challenge of an Arena match only fun if you have the BiS gear the local authority has sanctioned? It's nothing but sadness that energy is put into complaining about where your gear comes from. It's like Loot-Rage that spills into Trade Chat, then finds a voice on a Forum.
    Last edited by Uricidea; 2012-08-01 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    PvP Power increases healing done to players in battlegrounds and arenas, but no place else.

This is horrible...I faced a Shadow Priest on beta as a Ret Paladin and on live I have no problem against a Shadow Priest, beta however is another story. I cannot land a melee attack even in melee range because I get "target is not in range".......not to mention that but the Shadow Priest on beta has gemmed nothing but PvP Power and absolutely nothing is happening when I attack them. I can HaJ and burst full flex and only bring him 25% down. The resil system and PvP power is wayyyyy way way off.....Blizz needs to fix this because I very much enjoy dueling and doing BG's , RBG's etc. I also raid but i'm not going to have the time I used to have because I recently got a job that restricts time. Saddens me because I was having so much fun in MoP until I dinged 90 and got the PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Is facing the challenge of an Arena match only fun if you have the BiS gear the local authority has sanctioned?
    Yes. Because if you fall behind you are left behind.

Deleted
    Last time I checked MoP is still in beta. If you don't like something then post it on the official forums, not on a fansite that nobody important reads. Also, the "QQ I NO PLAY MOP COS OF WEAPONZ" posts are hilarious, get a grip.
    Last edited by mmocbd02567a48; 2012-08-01 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Last time I checked MoP is still in beta. If you don't like something then post it on the official forums, not on a fansite that nobody important reads. Also, the "QQ I NO PLAY MOP COS OF WEAPONZ" posts are hilarious, get a grip.
    It's about raising attention. The whole point of the post here is to make you aware. The more people see it the better.

If you didn't realise this.. i have no words for you.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Last time I checked MoP is still in beta.
    Do you remeber cata beta and those Ice Lances? "It's still beta, don't worry, they'll fix it!"

That said, "beta testing" is actually made for collecting information from users. So stating things like "don't post anything, it's beta" is nonsense.
    Last edited by Razorcat; 2012-08-01 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    I am suprized at how many PvP hero's out there have a serious problem with this. As easy as PvE is to them how could downing a Raid Boss be such a deal breaker? That says nothing about how they assert that Skill out-does Gear at every turn, until they are getting beat.

Is facing the challenge of an Arena match only fun if you have the BiS gear the local authority has sanctioned? It's nothing but sadness that energy is put into complaining about where your gear comes from. It's like Loot-Rage that spills into Trade Chat, then finds a voice on a Forum.
    I guess you wouldn't be unpleasantly surprised when even for pve BiS weapons are the T2 pvp ones? I mean, if you find the time to clear Heroic content surely you can find the time to become good enough to farm those T2 weapons for your guild. Not too mention that everyone will have BiS in arena UNLESS BiS means pve gear which not every one can get and the rate at which you gain it is also rng dependant. The fact that you gain conquest and choose were to spend it on means that everyone progresses at the same rate so every one is equally geared for arena. If BiS is pve gear the rate of gearing will be determined by rng and not the equal rate that pvp gear enjoys.

Really no PvP power on PvP weapons?

As a PvEr, i was happy of the new stats, but this is simply a bad choice lol. I'm all for PvP wepons for PvP and PvE weapons for PvE.

Really, this doesn't make any sense.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Changes I'd like to see:

PvP resilience also reduces healing taken by a target for half the value of the damage reduction.

PvP power on weapons.

There's literally no reason whatsoever for the latter to not happen. Blizzard's design intent was to make PvP gear the best possible thing to use in PvP. Having a 502 PvE weapon be better than a 486 PvP weapon is fine and this very likely to still be the case if PvP power is added to weapons. The PvE weapons just won't be LIGHT YEARS ahead of it's PvP counterpart. Similarly, having PvP power on the elite PvP weapon means that despite how retarded OP the ilvl 516 legendaries/heroic elite weapons might be, a player who exclusively PvP's will still be able to compete without getting steam rolled by the superior weapon.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    I think some readers did not fully understand what pvp power does. It increases the damage against players and the healing on players in arenas and battlegrounds. This means that pvp weapons will not compete against pve weapons in any kind, no matter how much pvp power is on them. The tier 2 elite weapons are a bit worse than upgraded normal mode weapons (1lvl), so there is zero chance, that pve players would need to do pvp in order to compete.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeHilde View Post
    PvP Power increases healing done to players in battlegrounds and arenas, but no place else.
    So let me get this straight. That means that my enhancement shaman will gain the pvp power damage bonus vs players in arenas, bgs, duels and wpvp, but my self healing will not be affected by pvp power in duels and wpvp? Or this one goes just for healer specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimilijin View Post
    So let me get this straight. That means that my enhancement shaman will gain the pvp power damage bonus vs players in arenas, bgs, duels and wpvp, but my self healing will not be affected by pvp power in duels and wpvp? Or this one goes just for healer specs?
    If this is the case, I wonder wtf will Blizz do when people become vocal about it.
    Last edited by Razorcat; 2012-08-01 at 02:25 PM.

Deleted
    It does not increase healing in duels or world pvp, they stated, that might change this to affect every place except dungeons and raids.

Your self-heals are effected by pvp-power.

Ok Holo, I can view the item levels now.

The complaints in this thread and the AJ thread absolutely have merit. They have normally had problems handing out BIS pve gear in pvp- and because of the way weapons work, tier 2 weapons are normally better than everything but hardmode gear in pve, and of course, hardmode gear can just not drop or be to hard to down early in the tier.

I suspect a lot of this is due to the "upgrade" feature with valor. Simply put, this should be able to be done with conquest as well.

Here's from the AJ thread:

PvP Gear
    T1 weapons: ilvl489
    T2 weapons: ilvl502

Mogu’shan Vaults
    Normal mode: ilvl489
    Hard mode: ilvl502

Heart of Fear & Terrace of Endless Springs
    Normal mode: ilvl496
    Normal mode with upgrades: 503
    Hard mode: ilvl509
    Hardmode with Upgrades: ilvl 516

Only the last line is out of order. A 509 weapon isn't going to crush a 502 weapon- half a tier is what we've normally seen as a difference between the hardest boss of the expansion and everything else (this tier's 416 isn't a leg over 410s in general, legendaries excepted obviously). The issue becomes the 516 weapon, which is a shocking item level difference.

I think that conquest should either be able to add pvp power to the weapon, mirroring the upgrade feature, or just flat out mirror it and add to the item level.

10+ Year Old Account
    When has hardmode raiding not been required lol

ugh

But hopefully, it is something that will be fixed.

Well, it's not normally THIS huge of a difference. 516 versus 502 would be like as if all the pvp weapons were 402 on live, but Deathwing still dropped 416 stuff.

I don't understand this logic. Why do they want me to raid? They still get my $15/month regardless. Well, now they're not getting my $15/month.

It's the complete disregard for arena players and the fact that blizzard really doesnt give a shit at all
    Last edited by rektbrah; 2012-08-01 at 10:47 PM.
    this game sucks

Deleted
    It's a question of time, as raiding, especially during hardmoe progression takes time. Many PvP players don't want to spent too much time in game. On the other hand raiding feels repetitive for competitive pvp players. I fully understand the enjoyment of raiding, but being forced to do it to play another part of the game is stupid.