Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    What version are you using? Does the options UI work?
    options ui lol good one !

it says 'JS' Hunter Bar 1.52 settings' when i type /jsb

The four main things I like about Serenity:

1) The Focus bar with indicators for shot focus costs
    2) The right click Misdirection function for raid/party frames
    3) The Trap timer
    4) The Tranq/Enrage announcer
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

I never used JS Hunter Bar so I'm not sure what the 2 addons share. But I love the Spell Timers on Serenity, the whole reason I use it. Focus Bar and MD functions are just bonuses.

You should add the option to hide the aspect indicator while in a vehicle. Serenity doesn't have this option.
    Last edited by stalkerzzzz; 2012-08-01 at 09:16 AM.

I went from JSHB to Serenity, tested Serenity in beta and even commented on your website at that time about what I didn't like in Serenity. It took a little time to get use to the stack indicator but I like it that way as it is on Serenity, I liked the JSHB did it too. It seemed a touch clearer on JSHB. I think the original JSHB was perfect but its been so long since I used it I cannot remember what was new in serenity which I use now. The right click MD is a great feature which I would like to keep even in form of another MOD. If you hunt down my original post somewhere in your archives it tells you what I thought about Serenity at that time (under the same name).

Deleted
    first off - thanks a lot for doing this.

i'll just leave a few comments of how i've been using serenity.

1. Cooldown and debuff bar:
    actually, i preferred the logarhytmic bar from sexyCD. somehow, by tampering with the lua files (mind that i've got no idea of addon building), i've managed to make it work (mostly).
    the difference between serenity and sexyCD is, that the icons in serenity slow down, while those on sexyCD accelerate. you get a real logarythmic scale. this makes reading the bar much easier, because the order of spells would remain the same throughout the bar. given that some of us might have gotten used to the serenity CD bar, you might want to add both options?

2. focus bar:
    as a BM, i love the stack indicators. i use focus gain estimate, the small indicators focus cost and the changing colors.. basically it's got everything i need, apart from the T13 double focus income bug which never has been fixed afaik.

3. the rest

well, i don't need much more. i use the tranq shot and trap duration indicator, but don't need, as an example, an aspect indicator (tought this might change in mop due to broken macroing). thus, i like the idea of being able to turn anything not needed off.
    Last edited by mmoc96e249ad29; 2012-08-01 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    options ui lol good one !

it says 'JS' Hunter Bar 1.52 settings' when i type /jsb

Haha, ok that explains it!

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dafft View Post
    The four main things I like about Serenity:

1) The Focus bar with indicators for shot focus costs
    2) The right click Misdirection function for raid/party frames
    3) The Trap timer
    4) The Tranq/Enrage announcer
    None of these are going away.

MD is fixed already and the addon will be posted today. Watch for JS' Hunter Bar Misdirection

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 09:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    You should add the option to hide the aspect indicator while in a vehicle. Serenity doesn't have this option.
    Good idea and easy to do!

As soon as you have ANYTHING that actually works in MoP Beta, please post a link. Some of us actually play the Beta and really miss this addon. And would love to report back and test it.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-08-01 at 04:39 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

JS' Hunter Bar Misdirection

There you go. Tested in a couple raids and works very well for me.

If you find any issues, post a comment on the addon and I'll take care of them fast.

I had time to test with blizz frames, ElvUI (so TukUI should be fine) and Grid (newest version, I think a beta).

you can edit config.lua to enable chat messages too. There is no in-game config and none is really needed.

I will probably add the options to an in-game config later, but I'm working on JSHB now.

Let me know what you think, please.

Oh, if you use this with Serenity, you MUST disable the Threat Transfer module in Serenity or this will conflict.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 11:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    As soon as you have ANYTHING that actually works in MoP Beta, please post a link. Some of us actually play the Beta and really miss this addon. And would love to report back and test it.
    I'm working on JSHB now and will be for the next couple weeks. I'll have a MoP test for people that PM me they want it when it's ready. No real ETA, but 7-14 days maybe.

I need to research changes and what needs to be modified, if you guys know, posting MoP changes will save me research time. Coding it alone will take a while.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 11:45 AM ----------

As of the new JSHB (being worked on):

I *think* I can allow templates in a better way than Serenity. Serenity was written to allow for more classes to be supported and I no longer will take this path. I do not have the toons to test with, nor the time (free work < paid work IRL).

Thanks All - keep idea and comments coming :-)

Isn't it a "waste" to work on a version for 4.3 when 5.0 (and the MoP code) is ~1 month away on live now? 5.0.3 is even on PTR, for those who cant use MoP beta to test.

Wouldn't it be better to start working on a MoP (5.0) version right away?
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-08-01 at 05:13 PM.

Isn't it a "waste" to work on a version for 4.3 when 5.0 (and the MoP code) is ~1 month away on live now? 5.0.3 is even on PTR, for those who cant use MoP beta to test.

Wouldn't it be better to start working on a MoP (5.0) version right away?
    Not really, the code is basically the same just need to account for the new stuff. I need a working current version first.

I also quit for a while, so still need to do a lot of MoP research.

Deleted
    First, I'm a fan of this addon for me is the best hunter addon and I think you do a great job that we never appreciate enough.

I started using an addon that did the same to the core of JSHB.
    The chosen priorities for skills, the skills were scrolling through the timeline until the end, where they piled without disappearing icons.
    The displacement of the bar was at a constant speed and when the end is stacked in the order that you had established before.

I would love the new JSHB had the option of stacking skills after completion of the cd's and I could choose a constant rate of displacement.

Many thanks for the addon and sorry if not well understood. I am Spanish and so do not write well in English

OK, so today's progress:

Here's what it comes down to. I'm basically stripping Serenity (my last update) of crap I feel is not needed.

Like taking out the preliminary code I added for multiple class support, etc. Now I've gone through the options and plan to remove the whole styling section that Serenity had and a lot of the extra headings to consolidate them.

There are too many features in Serenity that JSHB users never saw and they are nice. I'm using a lot of code that just plain works and has been tested.

That said, JSHB will still use slim code but will stay true to itself with a trimmed set of options and better interface for configuring your timers. There will be less options for timers though. Most people don't need them, and the 3 that use some of them, sorry.

I plan to also incorporate a number of ideas posted here, plus another setting that allows you to skip the hunter mark reminder when the mob is under a given health amount (not percent!).

The no show aspect warning will persist, but with a no show in vehicle option.

I think JSHB users will like the new version, as Serenity users definitely should. I remember why I did things in Serenity and never got to do in JSHB now while looking through the code. JSHB is small and self-contained. Serenity was made with a lot of extras in mind that never got done. JSHB 3 will make config much, much easier.

A question for people using JSHB that like the old stack bars, were you aware you could resize Serenity's as well as make them separate from the bar and movable?

Right now, one thing that got pulled that Serenity has is the whole chat notification areas. If you need interrupt notification, I will make that separate later - if it's wanted by others.

A big thing will be the options. This is going to take most my time as it's almost a full re-code. Adding timers and such will be MUCH easier and simpler. I think when you add one it will pop a new window up to make things simple as opposed to trying to manipulate things in the small interface window.

There will be 2 bars. TopBar and BottomBar for you to place your timers in, which will remain as they are now in Serenity, but im killing things like the spin, shrink, grow (does anyone really use this?), keeping the alpha change because I use it, removing the ability to add more than the 2 bars to go back to simplicity for raiding hunters.
    I will probably add a way to import timers and alerts from a link too, but this may be done after beta.

Indicators will remain in the addon, but im removing scare beast (anyone want to argue keeping this?)

Timer Icons are done - completely removing these.

Internal cooldowns, no plan to add them as they are in Serenity, do raiders want this, if so POST ABOUT IT, please. If it's argued well enough I'll code them somehow either now or later.

Interrupts module is not even going to be used, im killing that for JSHB

Threat transfer will be independant from JSHB and is already done and posted to curse. Ill add options for it later.

Alerts will stay but I will change the interface to add them to be quite better. Easier to use. (Have input, post please)

Profiles: removing them, do you actually need them??? This I need to be convinced about, so argue away.

Things I will add in are the double focus check for set, to keep current.

Styling options will be added to the area they effect as opposed to being apart.

Options panes will be streamlined to less panels and things will be grouped better.

Themes will be something I'll address later too, probably as an addon modules (Like to match ElvUI / etc.)

The Focus Bar will have all the current Serenity options but have it's config easier to handle with everything being together.

Again, opinions and thoughts help.

In MoP, Glyphs are more for "usefulness" than raw damage to abilities, so 99.9% of the hunters will use the glyph that auto-refresh/apply Hunter's Mark on mobs http://mop.wowhead.com/item=42899 - basically because there is nothing better to use as one of your 3 major lots.

Not really sure if you even need that HM indicator, dunno maybe its good to have if Blizzard change something.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2012-08-02 at 01:11 AM.

In MoP, Glyphs are more for "usefulness" than raw damage to abilities, so 99.9% of the hunters will use the glyph that auto-refresh/apply Hunter's Mark on mobs http://mop.wowhead.com/item=42899 - basically because there is nothing better to use as one of your 3 major lots.

Not really sure if you even need that HM indicator, dunno maybe its good to have if Blizzard change something.
    Nice, didn't even get to research MoP yet. Too busy re-writing stuff to create the new JSHB.

I'ts not hard to add in currently, so I'll put it in for live. It may be useful later so I'll keep it in but allow the normal disable for that module.

As for my progress today, I can thankfully say that I've re-written tables and options settings to remove unnecessary stuff and started rewrites on the individual modules for JSHB.

I have 5 more files to finish and the addon is basically done in the new form. I expect the options part to take 5x longer though, thus my 2 week timeframe.

If anyone else has things they can add about MoP to save me time and possibly bring up something that I should account for now, by all means mention it.

I'm even keeping profiles and back-end stuff to allow themes to be added and shared later.

So much work, so little time.... I've been slacking on my game play too, still rusty. My gear is good enough for MoP, so I'm not really concerned. Trying to get that damn 2nd piece of T13 though, ugh.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JSorrentino View Post
    Nice, didn't even get to research MoP yet. Too busy re-writing stuff to create the new JSHB.

I'ts not hard to add in currently, so I'll put it in for live. It may be useful later so I'll keep it in but allow the normal disable for that module.

As for my progress today, I can thankfully say that I've re-written tables and options settings to remove unnecessary stuff and started rewrites on the individual modules for JSHB.

I have 5 more files to finish and the addon is basically done in the new form. I expect the options part to take 5x longer though, thus my 2 week timeframe.

If anyone else has things they can add about MoP to save me time and possibly bring up something that I should account for now, by all means mention it.

I'm even keeping profiles and back-end stuff to allow themes to be added and shared later.

So much work, so little time.... I've been slacking on my game play too, still rusty. My gear is good enough for MoP, so I'm not really concerned. Trying to get that damn 2nd piece of T13 though, ugh.

Thanks!
    Few things you should probably know:

We'll be getting a few new talents that will mess with our rotation. As they are currently:

Dire Beast - hits 8-9 times during it's 15 second summon, on a 30 second CD - everytime it hits, it replenishes 5 Focus. Can it be added to the focus-detection function?
    Thrill of the Hunt - gives our next 3 multi or arcane shots a reduced focus cost of 20, making the arcane shots essentially free, and the multishots cost the half of what they usually do (and are free for MM that's achieved a MS crit).
    Master Marksmanship is down to 3 stacks, from 5, before giving us the free Aimed shot.
    Our steady shot and Cobra shot provides 14 focus, up from 9, when they are cast.
    Survival gains 3 focus every time serpent sting ticks (can happen once every 3 seconds = basicly everytime SS ticks on a single target).
    While Improved Steady Shot is up for MM, our Steady Shots provides 3 more focus (giving us 17 total per shot).
    BM hunters has a 15% chance to gain 20 focus when their pet deals a basic attack.

Dire Beast - hits 8-9 times during it's 15 second summon, on a 30 second CD - everytime it hits, it replenishes 5 Focus.
    Can it be added to the focus-detection function?

- I'd have to think about the best way to add this to the prediction (assume that's what you mean).

Thrill of the Hunt - gives our next 3 multi or arcane shots a reduced focus cost of 20, making the arcane shots essentially free, and the multishots cost the half of what they usually do (and are free for MM that's achieved a MS crit).

- Maybe a new indicator for this somewhere showing it's up or something of the sort.... Ideas anyone?

Master Marksmanship is down to 3 stacks, from 5, before giving us the free Aimed shot.

- Easy to change the current setup from 5 to 3.

Our steady shot and Cobra shot provides 14 focus, up from 9, when they are cast.

- Easiest change to account for.

Survival gains 3 focus every time serpent sting ticks (can happen once every 3 seconds = basicly everytime SS ticks on a single target).

- Basically means I need to +3 to prediction when SrS is active... I don't want to add a second prediction bar.

While Improved Steady Shot is up for MM, our Steady Shots provides 3 more focus (giving us 17 total per shot).

- Same as the SV one, just account for prediction when ISS is up.

BM hunters has a 15% chance to gain 20 focus when their pet deals a basic attack.

- This one is going to be interesting to account for, not even sure it should be.

Again, thank you.... Opinions of my answers before I work on implementation when I get to it?

Dire beast - Yes, that's what I mean.

Thrill of the hunt - an indicator to keep track of the stacks seems most beneficial to me (if you decide to go with the same setup as JSHB used, and have the charge-bar below the frame, perhaps you could add a little charge-bar to the left or right of the bar, showing the 3 charges there?)

Survival +3 focus gains - seems like the "logical" thing to do, is to make it add +3 focus every 3 seconds if serpent sting is up on the target, I guess. Not sure if that's doable.

MM - bit different, as you can fire off more than one steady shot every 3 seconds, you have to make steady shot get a 17 focus baseline when the buff is up, and 14 when the buff is not up.

BM - it probably shouldn't be accounted for, as it's much like the old thrill of the hunt mechanic that SV had. it's basicly RNG, but it's still a new focus-regen mechanic, so figured I'd throw it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Dire beast - Yes, that's what I mean.

Thrill of the hunt - an indicator to keep track of the stacks seems most beneficial to me (if you decide to go with the same setup as JSHB used, and have the charge-bar below the frame, perhaps you could add a little charge-bar to the left or right of the bar, showing the 3 charges there?)

Survival +3 focus gains - seems like the "logical" thing to do, is to make it add +3 focus every 3 seconds if serpent sting is up on the target, I guess. Not sure if that's doable.

MM - bit different, as you can fire off more than one steady shot every 3 seconds, you have to make steady shot get a 17 focus baseline when the buff is up, and 14 when the buff is not up.

BM - it probably shouldn't be accounted for, as it's much like the old thrill of the hunt mechanic that SV had. it's basicly RNG, but it's still a new focus-regen mechanic, so figured I'd throw it in.
    Thinking Dire Beast - nothing to do... it's direct focus, not from SS/CS for prediction. Maybe just a default timer.

SrS focus gain is again pointless, nothing to worry about there. It's not prediction for the SS/CS cast.

These are actually no-brainers if that's all the changes...

I'm more worried about API changes, like 4.1->4.2 had that broke addons outright.

The recode is going well at least. I'm just not looking forward to the options panes.

I've only used Serenity. The few major things I like about it is the prediction of incoming focus and the little tic line where it shows the cost of your main focus ability. That's really all I care about and look at. Everything else is nice, but I usually just disable it all. Oh I see you're removing the chat indicators for MD and stuff. I kinda liked it just for that extra confirmation sending a whisper to the tank to let them know. Mostly to know when it ends so that I shouldn't start bursting right then. If you could make it optional like it is right now that would be coolbeans. But it's not wildly important. I just want the bar.

SUPER glad you are updating for MoP. I was getting a little scared that I was going to have to find something else. Mucho appreciated! <3