Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    in the end thats what killed wow for me was made far too easy

ya, it is what it is, and i had a good 6-7 year run of the game. my only real concern is the fact that since blizzard has brought the mmo genre to such a wider spectrum, that we will ever see another challenging mmo, that's actually good. but who knows, technology in the field is getting better & better every year, I just hope some mmo maker's out there actually care about the quality of product, & not quantity of subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    its neither, actually. its mainly due to the fact that during BC the game wasnt casualized, ie it wasnt being made with bad, "casual" players in mind, now the market is oversaturated with bad casual players, so the games have to be made a LOT easier, losing most of their longterm holding power, losing a lot of players interest. MMO's were once a niche market for only the most skilled and dedicated players, nowadays anyone can play and that creates a problem for actual gamers that enjoy a challenge, that no longer exists.

swtor was a great game, as far as single player experiences go it was top notch, the end game left a little to be desired, but i figured i might give it some time before i resubbed, i am however glad they offered the free x-fers before my account expired though, that was nice. The F2P concept is not something generally anyone looks forward to, as it usually means the downfall of a game, but the F2P on this is about as bad as EQ2, leaving you with very little to do at max lvl. who knows though, LOTRO did pretty decently once swapping to the F2P model, so we'll just have to wait and see.
    It wasn't casualiazed as much in bc compared to now but it was beginning to get casualized. It was the sweet spot between the two. Like in Vanilla for example their was almost no way to get gear outside the raids. Crafting professions sucked balls so if you weren't part of some already established raiding guild it was like pulilng teeth to get anyone to go back and do old content like mc or bwl to help you get caught up in gear. Especially if you were on a server with a medium to lower pop. The solution to this in tbc was to make it easier to get gear outside the raid by making crafting actually worth it.

On another note auto skipping non main story dialogs would be a welcome feature. 1 space 1 space 1 space 1 space 1 space ...

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I gotta say, this took the wind completely out of my sails for remaining a subscriber.

And to think I took so much flak for starting this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-last-quarter

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    ya, it is what it is, and i had a good 6-7 year run of the game. my only real concern is the fact that since blizzard has brought the mmo genre to such a wider spectrum, that we will ever see another challenging mmo, that's actually good. but who knows, technology in the field is getting better & better every year, I just hope some mmo maker's out there actually care about the quality of product, & not quantity of subscribers.

For what its worth, I love The Secret World so far. There are bugs still, but they are working on them. To be honest, 95% of the glitches aren't even noticed. I think in a year this game will easily be the best one out there as it has so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by clockwork71 View Post
    For what its worth, I love The Secret World so far. There are bugs still, but they are working on them. To be honest, 95% of the glitches aren't even noticed. I think in a year this game will easily be the best one out there as it has so much potential.
    Still TSW is a game for ppl who can appreciate the atmosphere/story/vo/investigative missions. If you don't fancy that kind of stuff the game loses a lot of its appeal. It can be the best, but in the category of story MMORPGs.

And yes BW should go play that game and take notes TOR combat&pvp + TSW story = win.
    Last edited by Repefe; 2012-08-04 at 01:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with no sub I can't picture going back to SWToR. The amount of time invested for me was not worth as I am a raider at heart. I enjoyed the story of my first character and at 50 found little to do. Everyone was single player focused which turned me off the game. Started some alts whose stories weren't interesting enough to make me stick through the slog of leveling again. Hopefully with some developer experimentation on leveling and story telling the MMO genre will evolve. SWToR just didn't differentiate itself enough for me to want to play it. TSW has atmosphere and subject matter that makes me want to play it and GW2 has some different ways of implementing gameplay that I hope builds an even bigger community than it already has. SWToR won't die and might increase its player base but only a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    And yes BW should go play that game and take notes TOR combat&pvp + TSW story = win.
    TOR combat was one of the main reasons I unsubbed a few months ago. It had the worst game physics and engine of all the MMOs I'd played over the past several years. Well, that and a dull end game / poor Ops content.

Having said that, it was a great single player experience, so F2P actually encourages me to go try out another class or two to 50.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    TOR combat was one of the main reasons I unsubbed a few months ago. It had the worst game physics and engine of all the MMOs I'd played over the past several years. Well, that and a dull end game / poor Ops content.

Having said that, it was a great single player experience, so F2P actually encourages me to go try out another class or two to 50.
    Complete opposite I like the combat, but the single player experience outside of main story is a bit weakish for me.

Quote Originally Posted by clockwork71 View Post
    And to think I took so much flak for starting this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-last-quarter

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 09:21 AM ----------

hmm, i got a few friends playing that, is it really any good? i heard the community is kinda meh cause its mostly asians, at least thats what my buddy was tellin me. hows the end game?

No raiding at all without a sub. Somehow, I don't think TOR is going to survive the F2P transition if they don't change that. (source)
    Last edited by Xenofreak; 2012-08-04 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    No raiding at all without a sub. Somehow, I don't think TOR is going to survive the F2P transition if they don't change that. (source)
    It all boils down to what the store will offer in terms of partial full access to the various aspects of the game and the price of them if offered at all, seems like they are doing a bit of a chicken move here and announcing without giving the most important piece of the puzzle only to adjust the shop according to customer reactions.

Edit: I find it a bit odd that they choose to do it this way, feels like they them selfs don't have a clear plan or lack confidence in the path they are heading down.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-08-04 at 11:53 PM.