Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"The Problem in the Mists"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rd0-...feature=g-vrec

After reading the discussion flying around the official forums about consuming content too fast, i'm feeling the author of this video truly has a point.

What are others feelings on this?
    Is he the prophet who speaks the truth, or is it a nostalgia bomb that needs to be ignored?

Nostalgia bomb that needs to be ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia bomb that needs to be ignored sums it all up
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Listened to it before, the sad thing is he is wrong.

I'm sure a player like him sees the journey anyway. I'm sure he will do the raids in the proper order etc etc.

I don't get it why he cares what others do, I guess he misses being a special snowflake.

I also don't know anyone who says Naxx is the best raid ever, and it simply wasn't. It also wasn't that hard, it just took ages to gear for it, which does not make it hard.
    Last edited by Trix; 2012-07-31 at 09:58 PM.

He says quite a few incoherent stuff, such as:
    less than 1% killed a boss in Naxx 40 (that sounds about correct) & best regarded raid by the community.

The 2nd part contradicts the first, and probably most people didn't even try to kill a boss.

And most survey always show Kara and TK to be the more favourite raids, where finishing them was hard, but the first ones were not too bad.

So yeah, ignore the video

He's just rambling. Naxxramas was never seen as one of the best raids - the TBC raids and even Ulduar raids have been talked about far more than the old Naxxramas. The reason people still speak about it, is because you can't experience it due to the remake. All he wants to be is a special snowflake.
    The sad thing is, looking at Method's logs, it's obvious the only reason he's in the guild is because they have no other choise - he's doing very subpar dps (the only current content he's ranked on is a very very low Morchok heroic), and he's failing on things like Fading Light. I remember laughing my ass off when he posted the video of his trial raid, hearing him describe how he failed - that he actually passed their trial really surprises me. Perhaps the publicity that comes with a "semi known" youtube figure weights in? Not really sure.

The fact is, all he wants to be is an unique snowflake, able to claim that he's better than everyone else - but he can't do that, as he really isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to agree with the people above me. Nostalgia bomb that needs to be ignored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The fact is, all he wants to be is an unique snowflake, able to claim that he's better than everyone else - but he can't do that, as he really isn't.
    ^^ This, you can't be a hero in the game anymore or should I say get the feeling that your charactor is heroic. Blizzard have done a awesome job of bridging the gap between great skilled players and players that arent so skilled and don't have as much time to play.

In fact I really believe players who put more time into the game now are at a disadvantage. Sure it was worth it in burning crusade when it was the only way to get through the content, but now blizz has given us balance, balance being I can play other games, school/work, family time, friends etc etc and still finish all the content with a ton of time to spare.

It's great!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I'm going to agree with the people above me. Nostalgia bomb that needs to be ignored.
    INB4 LOCK, I agree 100% that he/she has an IDEA why people have QUIT.. but as said before..... Nostalgia bomb that needs to be ignored!

How can a raid where only 1% of people even killed a boss be "best regarded" as awesome?

It's a complete contradiction in terms. You can't call something best regarded if you can't even get to experience it. The blather about "mystique" doesn't cut it either. I saw this vid a while back and while people are entitled to their opinions, I don't agree. I also don't agree with people taking what he says as gospel just because hes known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming......boom, nostalgia bomb kills worm. Utter nonsense as pointed out by everyone after the OP :P

Deleted
    Well naxx is sometimes raised in the conversations but mostly it has to do with how horrible the servers where in that period back in classic, it was almost every evening at 8 the server crashes, a lot of guilds back then just threw the towel into the ring and said oh we will just wait untill tbc.
    But i will say that naxx was the best raid of the 4 big raids created in classic(mc,bwl,aq40,naxx) and from someone who did experience even through the horrible server problems i still really like the feeling from back then.

OH this video again? its like the 10th time I have seen it on these forums................

The guy in the video has invalid points........

Vanilla WoW circle jerk time. Let's gogogogogo!!

Typical elitist mentality that I see far to often, spouting out the same segregation and Ivory Tower garbage. That guy is so far disconnected from reality it's not even funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    He's just rambling. Naxxramas was never seen as one of the best raids - the TBC raids and even Ulduar raids have been talked about far more than the old Naxxramas.
    Naxxramas was so ludicrously hard that it crippled Guilds on servers as they merged to find the very best raiders to tackle it. Even doing many did not get through the Spider Wing. Even getting attuned to it was difficult, requiring a horrendous rep grind or essentially being rich at the time.

That is why few people have memories of Naxx.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    He speaks the pure truth imo. Alot of the prestige from WoW is just gone, having said that... I also like the direction WoW is taking, WotLK was my favourite expansion and probably because it was very accessible, I believe i saw a Blue post saying expect similar in Mists

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Listened to it before, the sad thing is he is wrong.

I'm sure a player like him sees the journey anyway. I'm sure he will do the raids in the proper order etc etc.

I don't get it why he cares what others do, I guess he misses being a special snowflake.

I also don't know anyone who says Naxx is the best raid ever, and it simply wasn't. It also wasn't that hard, it just took ages to gear for it, which does not make it hard.
    No, he doesnt get any journey.. and you know why? because every last little bit of content is consumed on normalmode during the first hours of the patch. after that the journey is over and what you got left is "the grind"...

OOOOHH did the bandwagon leave yet?

Nostalgia bomb!! *giggle

teehee!

Deleted
    TBC was a far better expansion from a raiding PoV than anything that followed it, Ulduar not withstanding.
    The reason I am loving Rift so much at the moment is it feels like TBC - the slow but satisfying gear up journey, the epic feeling when you ride up to the gates of Hammerknell and so much more. WoW has lost all of that - gone, sacrificed on the altar of pouring all our sub fees into Starcraft and just keeping WoW running in tick over mode