Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Thank you for your detailed and factual statement.

Everyone, stop what you're doing and listen to this guy. He's the knower of all knowingnessism.
    Thank you for your detailed and factual counter-argument. I am now convinced that there should be no quivers in the game, because I spend 90% of my time playing staring at graphical inadequacies such as floating weapons.

I will also stop playing GW2 altogether because there are some 3D models in game that are actually compositions of 2D models to mimic 3D, and won't replay the game until they are removed. Because that is a sensible way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Thank you for your detailed and factual counter-argument. I am now convinced that there should be no quivers in the game, because I spend 90% of my time playing staring at graphical inadequacies such as floating weapons.

I will also stop playing GW2 altogether because there are some 3D models in game that are actually compositions of 2D models to mimic 3D, and won't replay the game until they are removed. Because that is a sensible way of thinking.
    Umm...my counter-argument was at the top of page one.

Your only post was something along the lines of, "anyone that disagrees with me is wrong, so ignore them because they're just GW2 fanboys"

If they put in quivers, I want the option to sheath 1h swords on my back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    If they put in quivers, I want the option to sheath 1h swords on my back.
    yeah!! and I want a belt of ammo strapped across my chest like rambo if I'm using a gun.

Perhaps when people start wearing capes having a quiver might be a be difficult to incorporate. Either way I'm sure its not a game breaker they have decided not to put them in.

If you're assuming what my post is "along the lines of", that is your problem. I never said anyone was wrong, I said you're over-protective, something a lot of posters on the GW2 forums have pointed out over the past months. Someone ever dares to breathe a suggestion that might resemble something from another mmo and you guys go ape-shit, even though we ourselves are people who love GW2 and have pre-purchased Collector's Editions and want nothing else but for GW2 to be the pioneer of innovation it should be.

I never said you're fanboys either; once again, you're putting words in my text - I said you're over-protective. If I thought you were fanboys, I'd make a much more colorful post than that, trust me, the likes of which would get me banned for another month.

Your over-protective and aggressive stance to harmful suggestions is disgusting frankly.

I really don't see any reason not to have quivers as an option. The argument that you'd rather not have them because they look bad in other games is . . . interesting, but honestly not relevant since we're talking about an optional cosmetic accessory. If you don't like it don't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a big deal or important feature, probably really low on the priority lists seeing as GW1 has never had quivers either.

It would require adding animations of the characters taking arrows out of the quivers before attacking as well as the actual quiver model themselves. Not saying they shouldn't do it, it would be a nice touch of detail, but it's not very important.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    If you're assuming what my post is "along the lines of", that is your problem. I never said anyone was wrong, I said you're over-protective, something a lot of posters on the GW2 forums have pointed out over the past months. Someone ever dares to breathe a suggestion that might resemble something from another mmo and you guys go ape-shit, even though we ourselves are people who love GW2 and have pre-purchased Collector's Editions and want nothing else but for GW2 to be the pioneer of innovation it should be.

I never said you're fanboys either; once again, you're putting words in my text - I said you're over-protective. If I thought you were fanboys, I'd make a much more colorful post than that, trust me, the likes of which would get me banned for another month.

Your over-protective and aggressive stance to harmful suggestions is disgusting frankly.
    Actually you just came sauntering in saying 'My opinion is right' unprovoked. I agree, there should be quivers but it isn't gamebreaking that there aren't any. Demanding there should be quivers is kind of silly since, as you may have noticed from the last Beta Weekend, there are still a few fundamental features to fix first. It isn't as simple as slapping a quiver on someone, you have to tweak animations to a certain timescale so it doesn't look like a rushed piece of crap.

Nobody here is a GW2 defender who thinks it's perfect and has no flaws, but seriously? There are more important things to think about right now. Frankly, your behaviour is just pretentious and obnoxious.

Actually bud, you kinda did:
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher
    Anyone defending ArenaNet and saying there should not be quivers in game are just over-protective gw2 fans thinking you're here to steal their game from them. Ignore them. Make the suggestion to the devs.
    You're welcome to your opinion of course, but you can't expect to come into a forum, use language like that and not get a reaction.
    Just chill

You should really go and read your first post again. Everything you're claiming you didn't do in this quote, is the complete opposite of what you actually did do.

___

Back on topic:
    Quivers/Shields etc etc are nice if they're done properly. I haven't seen an MMO do them properly yet and that could be because it's freakin' hard to do. Maybe that's why Anet is leaving them out.

Every MMO I play my shield digs into my players body which looks very stupid and my quiver sits 6 inches off my back in mid air, which just looks sloppy.

The OP was talking about aesthetics, imo doing a sloppy job to add something so minor would be more harmful than good, especially since there's many more pressing matters to attend to. Like a successful launch for instance.

Edit:
    IMO OFC Can't forget to write that..geesh.

Engi backpack looks bad ass, not sure why we cant have quivers and other stuff in the back slot. Don't get why people are crying about clipping it happens in every game i really don't mind it, just add option to hide it for people that are crying.

Vote for a Keg back piece as keg brawl reward.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    The OP clearly stated that it kinda ruins the aesthetics of the class for him/her, so not sure what you're getting at in the first part of your comment.
    I was simply pointing out that if you dislike the look of the bow/shortbow THAT MUCH that it ruins the weapon for you, you can still roll a ranger without using a bow once if need be.

I'd like quivers, but only if it's done well. Perhaps if it is mentioned to Arenanet, it can become a post-launch project for them.

They should just make quivers and option for the backpack slot. I assume that the clipping/floating issue usually comes from characters having capes and quivers. Shit I'd use quivers on my Engi just to screw with people.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    It's not really a big deal or important feature, probably really low on the priority lists seeing as GW1 has never had quivers either.

It would require adding animations of the characters taking arrows out of the quivers before attacking as well as the actual quiver model themselves. Not saying they shouldn't do it, it would be a nice touch of detail, but it's not very important.
    The problem is Rangers already do reach over their back to grab an arrow, it looks a bit silly grabbing an arrow from nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Colonelbiscuit View Post
    The problem is Rangers already do reach over their back to grab an arrow, it looks a bit silly grabbing an arrow from nowhere
    Huh, they totally do for the slower attacks. Would look awkward when they rapid fire, but that is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Huh, they totally do for the slower attacks. Would look awkward when they rapid fire, but that is interesting.
    Its a video game there is a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense, so when you see it happen it was magic or a wizard did it.

Deleted
    Great suggestion, cloaks and quivers please!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    There is a cape slot on the character sheet, and right now a engineer can equip a tool kit there that's like a big back pack... I don't see why a quiver couldn't go there; but right now we haven't seen any quivers in game.
    Stop saying cape, they even confirmed there won't be any. That is the backpack slot, you can get a backpack when you got Guild Armorer.

As for the Posts, unless they look good I won't want any xD

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    Great suggestion, cloaks and quivers please!
    There wont be any cloaks. And for that matter there probably wont be any quivers either. Why? Because of clipping reasons they've already explained.