Thread: Lorewalker Rep

Lorewalker Rep

The only daily to start with lorewalker rep I found until now requires you to complete artifacts. I thought the lorewalkers would be a faction to give those artifact hunters a profession quest, like cooking has.

Are there other ways to gain lorewalker rep or are we required to dig some stuff out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TenDance View Post
    The only daily to start with lorewalker rep I found until now requires you to complete artifacts. I thought the lorewalkers would be a faction to give those artifact hunters a profession quest, like cooking has.

Are there other ways to gain lorewalker rep or are we required to dig some stuff out?
    I was wondering why I was getting no rep from them by turning in artifacts...then I found the answer. You have to "find" things out in the world. Go to your Exploration tab in achievements....Pandaria of course. Scroll down and you will find a ton of them having you go find things. One of them I did was Between a Saurok and a hard place I believe. If you check mop.wowhead.com it will tell you the locations. I think Blizzard should explain this a little better...my opinion Good luck to you.
    Last edited by boyzma; 2012-08-01 at 03:02 PM.

So you gain rep through exploring Pandaria and it's - mostly storybased - achievements? Will this be enough for exalted?

Deleted
    The archaeology daily from the lorewalkers isn't a rep giving quest, it's just a few vp for any spare archy fragments/making an item, thats all.

In order to get lore walker rep there are exploration achivments you need to do.

They require you to find lore objects in padaria that give you a bit of background info on the races and history.

When you compleat one of these achivments you recieve lore walker rep and an item in the post that starts a quest. You hand this quest into the lorewalkers and are then showed a small 'play' with more info/lore/backstory about what you discovered.

Handing this quest in will also give you rep.

All exploration achievments and hand-in rep is enough to get exalted with lorewalkers.

Took me about 1 hour (useing a guide on wowhead) to find everything and hand all the turn-ins in to get exalted
    Last edited by mmocf5558b9282; 2012-08-01 at 03:17 PM.

Ty, I had been afraid of digging... never did it, and certainly don't want to start it. Now I hope they turn the crafting recipes into BoA as depicted on MMOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    Took me about 1 hour (useing a guide on wowhead) to find everything and hand all the turn-ins in to get exalted
    Huh. That's... Huh.

Think that will change when the game goes live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Huh. That's... Huh.

I don't see why, as in order to do that you do need to be 90 and have pandarian flying (you will come across some as your questing through the zones).

It's more of a fun rep than a grind for raid gear rep. Hence why the mount is so cheep too (600g before discount), compaired to the 10K+ mounts from the other reps.

15+ Year Old Account
    You get exalted only if you started doing it in this build. My character who did most of the stuff outside of Jade Forest when it was down has not hit Exalted now that I could finish all the artifacts for the lore. I'm sitting at around 6000/21000 with no way of gaining more reputation.

As for the post above me, most of the Pandaria mounts are cheap. There is even several versions of them from the Reputation Vendors that has different price with the cheapest being under 1000g while the most expensive is at around 2500g.
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2012-08-01 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cut scenes you get after completing an achievement and turning it in are really fascinating...very well done. They give a lot of rep too. Use mop.wowhead.com instead of regular wowhead.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. That's... Huh.

Yeah that seems wrong.

As for the OP, the faction is working as intended. It has two purposes.

1. Lore for those who have done the various lore achievements.

2. Achaeology dailies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If you get exalted you can get the Flying Nimbus....SOLD!

Here's a question, if the achievement is going to be account wide, yet the rep isn't, how will people get to exalted on other toons? Just a little confused about this. Also, I have found most of them on my main on the beta, but theres a few that I'm having trouble finding so I will try out that mop.wowhead.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    The archaeology daily from the lorewalkers isn't a rep giving quest, it's just a few vp for any spare archy fragments/making an item, thats all.

In order to get lore walker rep there are exploration achivments you need to do.

They require you to find lore objects in padaria that give you a bit of background info on the races and history.

When you compleat one of these achivments you recieve lore walker rep and an item in the post that starts a quest. You hand this quest into the lorewalkers and are then showed a small 'play' with more info/lore/backstory about what you discovered.

Handing this quest in will also give you rep.

All exploration achievments and hand-in rep is enough to get exalted with lorewalkers.

Any idea what the guide link was by chance?
    Nvm found it
    Last edited by artem123; 2012-08-02 at 02:17 AM.

Huh. That's... Huh.

doubt it, right now on beta bar the mount which is super cheap compared to other faction mounts all they give is like 2 recipes the tabard and a few archaeology items

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Any idea what the guide link was by chance?
    Nvm found it
    Could you please link it, cause I can't find the guild you speak of

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Gardorian View Post
    Could you please link it, cause I can't find the guild you speak of

thank you
    http://mop.wowhead.com/guide=1021/mo...ens-of-shaohao
    Some of the areas are wrong, you can just look on the achievement pages themselves for updated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    http://mop.wowhead.com/guide=1021/mo...ens-of-shaohao
    Some of the areas are wrong, you can just look on the achievement pages themselves for updated ones.
    Thank you very much