Annoying skill dialogue

I'm a huge GW fan -- played GW1 for 4+ years and all the GW2 beta weekends. I'm super excited about the game, everything has blown me away so far... except my patience was already wearing very thin with the super annoying phrases they kept repeating "i could outrun a centaur", "i feel six feet tall", etc
    Especially so if you are a Mesmer using mantras or a warrior with frequent shouts...
    Is there currently a way to mute only the skill dialogue or do you think Anet will ever add it? (I think SWTOR eventually gave that function since people were getting really annoyed with the droid companions.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, that stuff has specifically to do with when you gain a boon or a condition, and the phrase announced depends on which one you get. It's both a notification to the player so that they don't have to stare at their buff/debuff frame, and also a warning to enemies.

If you hear "I feel... STRONG!" coming from an enemy, you might want to step away for a bit. Because they just got Might.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-01 at 04:10 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Actually, that stuff has specifically to do with when you gain a boon or a condition, and the phrase announced depends on which one you get. It's both a notification to the player so that they don't have to stare at their buff/debuff frame, and also a warning to enemies.

If you hear "I feel... STRONG!" coming from an enemy, you might want to step away for a bit. Because they just got Might.
    Very well put.

People tend to forget that GW2 is trying to get you to listen to the game and watch the animations to determine what you should do next.

Like so many have said(and many have complained about for some reason) "Play the game, not the UI" Meaning, they want you to not rely on things like mods/macros to make the game easier, they want you to use your personal player skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like drake said, it's useful in that it notifies you of buffs and debuffs of enemies and allies so you don't have to look at your UI to really know. It doesn't happen all the time, so it's not wise to rely on it. However, shouts and mantras are better examples of notification through sound, because the vocal queues happen 100% of the time, unlike generic buffs and debuffs that only happen like 20% of the time.

However, I do think you should be able to turn it off if you wish (Which you can by turning down VO volume, but that turns down all voices obviously), but you'd be at a slight disadvantage.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit I find it amusing whenever I hear "MY LEG!" from somebody else. I certainly wouldn't rely on it, but it's still useful.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    i want that t-shirt! (or a kormac one that says 'by all that is holy! do you see that enemy over there?!)

Quote Originally Posted by strechypants View Post
    i want that t-shirt! (or a kormac one that says 'by all that is holy! do you see that enemy over there?!)
    'WHERE CAN WE FIND MORE LIKE THAT?'

<3 Kormac