Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Wow. Hunters actually hunting.

Nice addition.

Does NPC scan alert for tracks? At least give you a heads up it's there (like the camel)? Or do you just hope to see some tracks on the ground and go from there (old school style with no /tar macros)

NPC scan does not work for the trackable pets at all. It doesn't even go off when a Hunter makes them visible. You have to find and follow the tracks which stay visible for about 5 minutes after the beast passes that point, then use a flare when you get to the present location of the beast. They will only aggro on you if you are in the flare area with them. If you put your mark on them, which keeps them visible only to you, they will not even aggro when you start the tame. You have to sometimes run ahead of them before beginning the tame so they don't walk out of range before it completes. Portent in particular, walks very fast. Having them trigger NPC scan would ruin the whole experience.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    this was really needed, i hate having people kill my rares because of achive/loot

10+ Year Old Account
    If there are even more pets coming in 5.1... I need more stable slots. Every slot of my stables/active pets is filled with a rare that I absolutely cannot part with. If there's 5+ new rares/spirit beasts coming... oh boy. I already have 8 (!!!) spirit beasts in my stables. I guess I'll have 13 now.

We need like, 50 pet slots total. At least.

i managed to tame both savage and hexapos 2night on eu al'akir at 23.17 server time. i must say savage is a beautiful beast and will become my main pet now, he has a totally unique skin and looks amazing.

(edit)
    I must say i love the way they have added these new pets, much better than the molten front tame challanges tho while fun were just a bit meh. With these new beasts you really do feel like a hunter, tracking the beast down and taming it. (word of advice for fellow rare hunters, turn ground clutter to lowest, especially if you are after savage and the waterstrider in jade forest, those tracks are pretty hard to spot and follow)
    Last edited by michelf; 2012-09-29 at 10:03 PM.

I have Savage and Bloodtooth, the red dragon turtle from Krasarang so far and, yes, we definitely need more stable slots or at least another form of storage like maybe in some way being able to use our bank slots. They really need to come up with a solution in patch 5.1.

The waterstrider Glimmer in Jade Forest actually has parts of his path where he and his tracks will phase out if you haven't completed the quests in that area making him even harder to track down. The same is true of the lvl 90 Quilen named Portent when you finally reach the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. He also randomly spawns in four different color variations, all of which are unique skins.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVED tracking them all down. I have snagged all of them, and yes, we do need more stable slots argh lol. I had to part with arcturis and the rare basilisk since I couldn't see myself ever using them. >.< I do plan to make a 2nd hunter though so that I can tame new stuff on her.
    I am a filthy casual!

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty could addition. I was doing some Archaeology when I noticed a "heavy track" on the ground. I remembered hearing about hunter rare pets that you needed to actually follow the footsteps and use the flare, and ended up finding Stompy.