Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"New" Tree of Life form?

Hey guys

So i havent played the beta anything and I havent managed to find any answers about the status on the new life tree form is in MoP. With new i mean the one u get from a talent currently in cata. I heard u get permanent tree of life in MoP but with the old form so did they remove the new one?

Thanks

The old Tree of Life form (brown broccoli looking thing) has returned as a cosmetic shapeshift granted by a minor glyph I think. It gives you no bonuses to healing/armor etc. Its just like being in caster form, only you are the old brown tree and you have the tree dance and other emotes (not sure if it changes your "type" away from humanoid for the purposes of CC). Its essentially a costume change that will be on your shapeshift bar.

The newer Tree of Life form (from cata) remains as an option for Resto druids who take the talent Incarnation. That's the one that comes with the 15% increased healing, 2 more targets on Wild Growth, bonus armor etc and is a 3 min CD.

So in MoP both ToL forms exists. One is purely cosmetic (dead broccoli), the other is a healing CD (ugly mutant troll/tree)
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2012-08-01 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    the other is a healing CD (ugly mutant troll/tree)
    Ugly? I love that one and was hoping that also would be permanent

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely glyphing permanent decaying broccoli form.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

All hail the perma-tree form :P

On a separate note, I wanted to know two more things about the glyph.

1) Does perma-tree provide immunity to polymorph effects?

2) If you are currently in perma-tree form and use incarnation, would you remain as a treant or turn into the bigger ancient looking tree?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien View Post
    On a separate note, I wanted to know two more things about the glyph.

1) Does perma-tree provide immunity to polymorph effects?

2) If you are currently in perma-tree form and use incarnation, would you remain as a treant or turn into the bigger ancient looking tree?
    1. It did(no idea why), but not anymore.
    2. You turn into the bigger version that is the tree of life as on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, latest build changed Treant Form to no longer free you from movement impairing effects.

Treant Form no longer frees the caster of movement impairing effects.
    Surrounded by idiots

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fuck you blizzard.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Fuck you blizzard.
    Eh? Didn't they promise that they'd bring it back as purely cosmetical?

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    Yup. The fact that it did more than a costume change was no more than a bug/legacy hold over that would obviously be addressed eventually... and now it has been.

You got these options as a resto druid in MoP:

1. Use the cosmetic old looking tree of life as a appearance-only changing glyph.
    2. Use the new talent to change into the mutant tree for a short time.
    3. Skip both the old tree glyph and the mutant tree talent, hence always look normal.

Personally i am so happy to be rid of both the ugly old tree and the mutant tree - i always hated both tree forms and the moonkin form.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Yup. The fact that it did more than a costume change was no more than a bug/legacy hold over that would obviously be addressed eventually... and now it has been.
    Treant form doesn't do anything special, it is cosmetical. However, shapeshift is still shapeshifting and it should break snares/roots.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    Treant form doesn't do anything special, it is cosmetical. However, shapeshift is still shapeshifting and it should break snares/roots.
    Indeed. It would allow resto druids to have a "permanent" form to use as powershift to break roots/snares.

Well, for me "purely cosmetical" means no combat effects. None at all.

The change is only a small issue to casual PvPers if they don't care too much of what's happening. Not being able to run at normal speed after changing your characters appearance to something better when snared shouldn't be a big deal. At competitive level you wouldn't be using Treant Form anyways and PvE rarely need to shift snares/roots.

Well, for me "purely cosmetical" means no combat effects. None at all.

The change is only a small issue to casual PvPers if they don't care too much of what's happening. Not being able to run at normal speed after changing your characters appearance to something better when snared shouldn't be a big deal. At competitive level you wouldn't be using Treant Form anyways and PvE rarely need to shift snares/roots.
    What run speed has to do with the glyph? It never had the TBC slow effect since the actual implementation I believe

If you get snared and shift into Treant Form, you will still be slowed as of this change.

Trying to use this in pvp seems like just a waste of globals.. Wish they did something about that. When I shapeshift into a treant, then into the travel form and cancel travel form I don't want to use a global to shapeshift again..

I wanna be a balance druid and dps in dead broccoli form. i'll take the dps loss for the lulz.

i wanna druid ... then i fought one and cried. lambs to the slaughter. poor bears