Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Wtf is with elite?

Do we actualy need 2 more difficulties and loot types?
    What the fuck is wrong with those guys
    People asked for this ever since Sartharion(?) Anyways, its still a good method to add a progression feeling, like already said with Sartharion drakes, Yogg'Saron Watchers, Iron Council, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Also keeping raids closed because they know all normals will fall in 3 days after launch again.
    I'd say they are learning from past mistakes. This simple change takes away the pressure to nerd for 20 hours straight and then clear the raid instances befor anyone else can even enter. See 3.0 raids - people went into Naxxramas25 and Sartharion's Lair and got the Realm First!'s, unfortunately, not deserved.

People who got WFs/SFs in the past will still get them, since there's no competition left with several great guilds who disbanded.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 07:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Daily blink might just at well quit making new "funny" images. It was once funny but stopped being so months ago and it is getting worse with each new picture.
    Yesterdays picture was hilarious, in my opinion.

Deleted
    No raids the entire first week? And 2nd + 3rd Normal raids opened 35 days after expansion release. I am sorry but what the fuck is this? I mean... Is Blizzard trying to kill off every last guild that has some sense of competition so they can just stop making raids all together?

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    No raids the entire first week? And 2nd + 3rd Normal raids opened 35 days after expansion release. I am sorry but what the fuck is this? I mean... Is Blizzard trying to kill off every last guild that has some sense of competition so they can just stop making raids all together?

I think its a good idea, so you still have 1 raid to race for until the others come out. Less time spent racing unless there is a big road block that i am unaware. I dont think blizzard wants world first raiders to die irl because they spent x hours to lvl then xyz hours to get world first in all 3 raids.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

I wish i could do the new quest in JF too bad you can't turn in The Mission quest.
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol Get a grip they are trying not to make mistakes with what happened last time and have people bored with a raid to soon and or trying to let the content last a bit longer. So what if it is a week for MSV then have the others open later.

So people will have to compete on the basis of skill rather than who can level to 90 fastest? Oh no!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    I wish i could do the new quest in JF too bad you can't turn in The Mission quest.
    Still a bandaid solution and maybe this is why it is still there but the insta 86 pirate is still in SW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can the "only those that did it the hard way!" finally be quiet now with the "Cutting Edge" achievements being put in. One can argue that anyone can get a Heroic "Random Raid Boss Here" achievement - at least eventually; whereas these will be very restricted to those few that manage to do it faster and better than the unwashed masses below them, that they mock from their Ivory Tower.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    So people will have to compete on the basis of skill rather than who can level to 90 fastest? Oh no!
    Yeah but is seems some folks don't really get it that a week is not going to kill them, but then again who knows.

Deleted
    You made no sense at all, seriously.

If you want competition, then why you dont let the other guilds catch up in terms of level and equipment. It'll be as competing as every content patch beginning.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    You made no sense at all, seriously.

If you want competition, then why you dont let the other guilds catch up in terms of level and equipment. It'll be as competing as every content patch beginning.
    But I get a feeling people like him don't want others competing against them.

Deleted
    It's because one group like Paragon or whatever (who represent the TINIEST portion of elite raiders) would clear the raids within two weeks and then the greener raiders (the ones who will spend the next months on normal) will complain that Blizz didn't make enough content before they even set foot in a raid.

As for the achievements, good news. Now the elitist raiders can feel like unique special snowflakes (which let's be honest is all they really wanted) and a wider audience can experience the raids.

The Daily Blink is the LFR of humour.

Finally a funnt daily blink :]

Why not just release LFR right away? Like that one week matters... Looks more like an excuse to fall back on later than to actually cater to guilds.

And how nice that they want to pace content consumption but not want to artificially extend the life of the 5.0 content. Let's make it easier but not release more content but instead just pace it... At least you get to see all the content and it doesn't 'feel like a grind', that is untill you are experienced and faceroll through it.
    Let's hope normal isn't cleared in one week time (by over 50% of all guilds and pugs) otherwise every group that doesn't want to do hardmodes can farm their asses off for a month.

Raiders complain they have to raid LFR to get the improvements.
    They don't, really. The set bonuses are there in normal and heroic as well, and the item level is even higher.

Actually, in Mists of Pandaria, each new LFR tier will have an increased minimum ilevel requirement, so there'll be a natural progression path as the expansion goes on. This means that players will start running Heroic dungeons in order to gear up to hit the minimum ilevel for the first tier of LFR, then get gear from this first LFR tier to access the second, and so on.

However, it won't be mandatory to go through the LFR system if you're raiding normal or Heroic raids.

And since you'll probably ask, I'll answer pre-emptively, at this moment the developers are not ready to talk about possible 5-man Heroic dungeons with higher requirements that might come in future Mists of Pandaria patches.
    I guess they don't play the game themselves.

There is no reason at all to not take such good gear by doing such an easy dungeon. The rewards are simply too high. Even if I was doing hardmodes I would still take 1 hour a week to finish LFR for a possible (insane) upgrade. Maybe I am missing a trinket or a tier piece that will give me the bonus, I would be an idiot if I passed on LFR.

Besides that, players who want to join a guild have to do LFR. No guild will accept someone who says "I don't do LFR. I will just stick with these shitty previous tier or even 5 man gear.", isn't this obvious after whole expansions and thousands of threads?

LFR should just be there to practice and see the content not to give you insane gear.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-08-02 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Still a bandaid solution and maybe this is why it is still there but the insta 86 pirate is still in SW.

Ya but i wanna do the first zone
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Deleted
    ahh i remember when hardcore raiding was just called raiding.

LFR is a week after so those idiots who think it's "Required" to do, cant do it, and will have to do normal 1st. You would think this would make them happier but fat chance on that.
    TBH I'm all for gating content, stops people no-lifeing the game for 20 hours straight all in the name of "Progression"

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

No matter what you might think or claim, normal was NEVER cleared by 50% of the guilds in the first week. Especially not by PuGs. Take a look at DS on wowprogression: After 6 months and a 30% debuff, 84% have cleared it on normal. There is no bloody way this % stood at 50% 5 months and 3 weeks ago.
    Obviously I am talking about guilds that actually raid. 84% of ALL guilds killed normal deathwing 95% - 97% killed all the other bosses. 30-40% is already too much. I don't think 35% is a weird number when basically everyone cleared DS by now.

I said "Let's hope". I didn't claim shit. I just pulled a number out of my ass to make a point. Instead of discussing that point you have to go on about numbers, great.

Deleted
    I like the cutting edge achievements.
    If you can't show them, you should not contribute anything raiding related to the forums.

I also approve the first week slackmode, first expansion where I can actually enjoy my leveling experience rather than rush to new maxlvl and go raiding straight after dinging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm, those "Cutting Edge" Feats of Strenght look curious. Might make those people a little happier that recently ranted about everyone getting easy access to heroic raiding with those stacking debuffs. The debuff will still allow more casual guilds or guilds with a little lower skillcap to get things done, while the guys that cleared it early, or disabled the debuff later on can show off their feats of strenght. But i bet there will still be people complaining, as usual ^^ Anyway, i think it's a nice step in the right direction to handle those "community" issues with the raid nerfs.