Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    That Predator rifle is looking pretty tasty right about now.
    I agree, if that is the legendary(I hope it is) then it makes my decision to roll a Necro hard to bare. The scepter and staff are both too flashy for a necro they don't quite scream "Im going to kill you raise you then use you to kill your friends" quite like the Orrian Light armor set does.

10+ Year Old Account
    The data mined images probably don't do any of these weapons justice. I'm really excited to see them in game.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Was hoping they'd go less down the magical faerie path and more towards the utility path. God knows THAT mmo which is on everyone's mind saturated us with ridiculously over-pampered weapons with useless additions on them. Can't we get stuff that looks like a weapon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Was hoping they'd go less down the magical faerie path and more towards the utility path. God knows THAT mmo which is on everyone's mind saturated us with ridiculously over-pampered weapons with useless additions on them. Can't we get stuff that looks like a weapon?
    They're legendary, you wouldn't go through all that work to get a legendary weapon that look like a normal sword (expecially if it wasn't any better stat wise like they are in this game) if you want normal weapons you can transmutate your weapon.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I didn't know GW2 had transmutes, that's great to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    THAT IS MY BOW.

Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah
    This is the 8 point Hall Of Monument reward bow it would be a good alternative until you have the legendary.

That is the 7 point Gnarled Warlking staff which looks really good aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I didn't know GW2 had transmutes, that's great to hear.
    GW2 transmute system is fantastic imo. Got 2 items? One of them looks cool and has an awesome upgrade, but terrible stats. One of them looks crap, has a terrible upgrade and nice stats? Transmutation stone allows you to pick 3 things: 1) The look of either item, 2) The stats of either item, 3) The upgrade of either item. Both items are consumed to make one item with good looks, good stats and a good upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    For the love of everything that I love about this game.... I sincerely hope those aren't final models.. if they are, major loss in respect for the design/model team.

As they are now; to me, they look like something 5 year olds drew and colored.
    Well, they're data mined, and that usually bugs graphical effects (which these weapons are probably covered in). Even the colors are flat because there are no shaders on the weapons. That and they could possibly not be final, they were data mined, meaning that they could have not meant to be seen yet.

Im confident we will see more Legendaries in the future, added in content patches. Because its relatively easy to add, most work has to be done by the art guys, to make the models and animations.
    Programming-wise its not a big deal, and since there is no game balance to consider (such as with legendaries in WoW) there is nothing really stoping Arenanet from adding more of this. People love special, flashy, stuff. And it can keep people occupied for a long time.

Cool items, but the video should be worked on, ears blew up on intro, then the guy speaking could hardly be heard due to his volume and accent.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Deleted
    A huge male Norn with Dreamer...MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I expect to see a lot of Warriors and possibly Mesmers dual wielding Frostfang and the Fiery Dragon Sword.

The pictures don't give the items justice. They all have animations and of course, low rez pictures. Can you still level up after 80 just like GW1 to get all those skill points needed for the legendary weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    The pictures don't give the items justice. They all have animations and of course, low rez pictures. Can you still level up after 80 just like GW1 to get all those skill points needed for the legendary weapons?
    Yes, you can level up to gain skill points beyond level cap, just like GW1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    when I first saw that dreamer bow I thought it was a joke

because... y'know
    Half those items look like a joke...design team must have been tired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    This is the exact reason why I hate data mining. Comments like this.

Deleted
    It's not the data mining's fault, but the lack of ability to properly connect different strings of thought by the poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-YBs...ailpage#t=422s

What you see in the OP isn't what you'll see in game. The greatswords sound amazing and I'm sure the picture doesn't do it justice. The hammer already looks pretty cool but the effect sounds awesome, can't wait to see it.

Deleted
    well I don't think that unicorn bow will change into something completely different
    then again these posts prolly weren't directed at me

beep bop

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    well I don't think that unicorn bow will change into something completely different
    then again these posts prolly weren't directed at me

beep bop
    No I don't think that one will, but others definitely will. The shortbow shoots rainbows though.