10+ Year Old Account

Counter-Strike Advice.

Hello everyone, It has been a while since I played CS. Started out in 1.5, and quit gaming 7years ago(way to many cheaters.), when CS:S Was released, now with CS:GO out, I'm wondering if it's worth to give it a try? Heard from a few folks that CS:Go is a flop, tho. I'd love to play it. But with not 'that' many players, I'm just not sure. Anyone here been in the beta? or playing it now? If so, what do you think about this? Should I go for it? Or simply play CS:S?(not sure if that's better:P)

ps. Still a huge % of the playerbase that cheats? Which made me quit, just couldn't bare playing anymore.. Or does it work(obviously it does)

Thanks for reading.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is worth it. CS:GO is more of a CS 1.6 clone than what CS:S was. The "gunmode" is rather fun as well. The pricetag isn't that high either. Just buy it and test it. I'm certain you'll get your amount of enjoyment out of $15

Deleted
    Personally, no. Not until valve fix the game. It's really bad at the moment. Packet loss on certain maps cause them to lag a lot etc. I would say wait till valve have put up a few patches for it, and then ask again, you might be waiting a while though, seems they have absolutely no intentions of fixing it, been out almost a month now and still the obvious bugs from launch day are still there.

On one side, it's pretty cheap, and IMO the updates to the maps we all know and love are great, for the most part. It definitely *feels* more skill-based than source but the registry problem that was a problem in Source still seems to be a big factor. The sound is pretty fucked up too, I *know* how to take advantage of sound in the game as I have for 6+ years now but every time I hear footsteps for example I have a hard time figuring out where the hell they are coming from until the very last second.

IMO, if you are even somewhat serious in trying it, just spend the 15 dollars and download it. Otherwise forget it, I would *love* to get back into CS again pretty hardcore with a clan and all but I think this installment isn't it for me (granted it's still better than any other modern 'competitive' FPS out there). They really need to start fresh, and if you read between the lines I think they are probably planning a new one when the new engine comes out...whenever that is.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say buy it, wouldn't worry about people not playing or having trouble finding servers cause thats simply not the case, I skipped source myself and played CZ which when I last played it (like half a year ago) still had alot of people playing, you can probably pickup either version and you'll go fine but I'm also guessing that most of valve's time is gonna go towards fixing stuff on GO rather then source. and its really cheap compared to other shooters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

source is better than cs go
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is more or less the perfect mix of 1.6 and Source - If you like 1.6 because of the difference it has towards source, you'll love GO, because it is different in the same ways, yet provides great graphics (if you don't like the graphic change at first, you'll get used to it, and eventually prefer it over 1.6's) - And if you like Source, you'll love it too, because it provides even greater graphics and the change from source to Go is minimal. - Lets face it, the reason Source players genuinely don't want to play 1.6 is because of the graphics. There might be other reasons as well, such as the actual playstyle, with wallbanging and so forth, but it's certainly not enough to keep you from play a game. - CS;GO is good, those in denial are simply stubborn 1.6 or source-lovers, who can't face the fact that a new and better game has come that they'll have to adjust to. - UNBIASED OPINION, i rarely even play any CS game -
    <Novum Genus> - Tarren Mill Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    It is worth it. CS:GO is more of a CS 1.6 clone than what CS:S was. The "gunmode" is rather fun as well. The pricetag isn't that high either. Just buy it and test it. I'm certain you'll get your amount of enjoyment out of $15
    CS:GO is way closer to CS:S than 1.6.

To OP: If you enjoyed CS:S at all, I'd go with CS:GO. It's reasonably solid if you're not looking for high end play. Much more friendly as a pick up and play game and for casual (non competitive) play than 1.x was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I do love the new designed maps, totally awesome.

Thanks for the responses, I've heard alot of negativity, but now also some positivity, so I'll definitely give this a shot, as I was a huuge fan of 1.6<3/CS:S. And the price tag, is no problem.

+ As a hardcore gamer, of most the games I play, i'll most certainly find a Clan to rule the world here aswell.

Thansk once again.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is around what, like £13 which is around $19 or so? It is well worth the money since the changes were quite large and if you justify money for DLCs then this would be worth it.

I think CS:GO is good, just needs more servers and a Official Game Modes such as Zombies ^^

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

To OP: If you enjoyed CS:S at all, I'd go with CS:GO. It's reasonably solid if you're not looking for high end play. Much more friendly as a pick up and play game and for casual (non competitive) play than 1.x was.
    The recoil is closer to 1.6
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect mix between 1.6 and CS:S i personally played alot of 1.6 and tried a bit of CS:S but i didn't like it back then both of these games are now abandoned by being removed from one of the biggest tournaments in the world cs go is the way to go and im enjoying it, you will just need some time to get used to it and you will love it but its my opinion.

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post

Odd, my friend who always plays source on my computer is not a fan of how different he feels it is from it. And when I started to play it I felt like I was having to get used to 1.6 all over again (albeit I haven't played that thing in at least 8 years).
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Flop? Its just another CS with updated graphics, what were people expecting?

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Flop? Its just another CS with updated graphics, what were people expecting?
    To be honest, I was expecting a tournament ready CS again (I don't consider CS:S anywhere near tournament quality). I don't think it's flopped based on what we know, but I don't personally consider it even remotely ready for tournament play.

This is still very early. Remember 1.0 was a lot different than 1.6. Expect a lot of changes to happen!

@OP: get ESEA, practice with pros > get better > make a team > join a league

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    Haha funny, Source was the biggest pile of trash ever.
    CS:GO is great and has a lot of potential, Source never even came close to CS:GO's level and it haven't been out for a month yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    If Source is better than GO, GO must be a colossal pile of horse shit cause Source was terrible. However based on other posts in this threads, you don't know what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2012-09-11 at 01:10 AM.