Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Bed ruins Minecraft :(

Minecraft is dangerous, fun and scary from the very beginning untill you get yourself a bed...

Pre-Bed: "Night?" ... "Omg, its here! " " Its following me! " " Is that a .. creeper?!" ... * several minutes later *... " Thank god its day"
    Post-Bed: "Night?" ... * presses Bed * .. "Day!"

I know you dont HAVE to use it ... but the ability to skip night is extremely compelling AND game-ruining ...

Deleted
    Just don't use it lololol

You don't have to make it...

Frankly, the bed to me is a convenient respawn point. And that's it. I don't use it to speed through the night.

Don't see what the problem is here... If you feel strong enough to post something about the bed "ruining" Minecraft for you, you obviously do not want to use the bed and you have the option to do that. So...why don't you just use that suggestion?

The bed was only usefull for the first 3 or so nights for me, after that i spent the nights exploring caves

Instead of making this thread you could just not use the bed :/
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

You don't have to use it, if you don't want to use it. And there is no "But its there, so im forced to use it". That statement would be retarded.

I personally bearly use the bed. I ONLY use it when im building something big or don't want creepers to ruin 5-20 hours of my work.

And of course I use it to change my spawn points.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're on a multiplayer server where everyone has to sleep at once to skip the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post
    Minecraft is dangerous, fun and scary from the very beginning untill you get yourself a bed...

Pre-Bed: "Night?" ... "Omg, its here! " " Its following me! " " Is that a .. creeper?!" ... * several minutes later *... " Thank god its day"

I know you dont HAVE to use it ... but the ability to skip night is extremely compelling AND game-ruining ...
    Implying monsters are a threat at all once you have armor. If you know what you're doing, you can have a full suit of armor by your first nightfall.

"Oh, a pile of skeletons and spiders? Hey, free bonemeal!"
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Implying monsters are a threat at all once you have armor. If you know what you're doing, you can have a full suit of armor by your first nightfall.

While I agree here, but I am glad they recently buffed the creepers! They still need to buff the others to make them more of a threat even in full iron/diamond armor. I do like caving a bit more with the creeper improvements. Also like many others have posted, just don't use a Bed.

The Bed Is actually one of the best things Minecraft has because it is optional, but also vastly helps YouTube video makers and lots of other things like livestreamers as well.

I only use a bed to reset my spawn OR if im making somthing and want the day to see what im doing. About it really :P

Yeah, just don't use the bed if you don't want to! haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Well actually you don't have to use the bed every night... For example:

I use the bed while i'm building something, but just the begging when i know that the mobs won't reach me i build at night, and there's a time that at all moments (day and night) you're on a cave minning >.<

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

*Awaits a Terraria style Hardcore mode*

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    *Awaits a Terraria style Hardcore mode*
    They added a new hardcore mode. And in SMP, when you die on a server with it on, you're automatically banned from the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the fun in that game is finding huge open areas underground where theres a lot of diamond and gold and stuff but also a lot of creatures to fight off all while my bed is way up on the surface out of reach. sometimes I even get lost

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    They added a new hardcore mode. And in SMP, when you die on a server with it on, you're automatically banned from the server.
    Ah, more specifically I meant with far tougher enemies and such, specific to hardcore mode.

Deleted
    Its not like any of the mobs in minecraft really pose a threat though. Only mob related death I have encountered was while I was taking a drink and a creeper came up on me, volume was so loud I jumped :P

The biggest threat to me is my impatience and playing the game like its Parkour jumping around high ledges like a mad-man

Quote Originally Posted by matiasve View Post

Actual Minecraft discussion, or cleverly disguised commentary on the state of optional buffs in other games?

OT: I find I usually only use a bed once to reset spawn, and after that I hit the caves when night falls. if there were a way to reset spawn without a bed, I'd most likely use that, assuming it was more convenient in some way, even if it didn't allow you to skip night.
    Last edited by greech; 2012-08-05 at 06:19 PM.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.