Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Alliance/Horde questing differences 85-90?

For anyone who has quested 85-90 in the beta on both factions, were there many questline/story differences between horde and alliance? From the past expansions I don't expect too much in this regard, but I'm wondering if they are basically identical after the initial ~10-15 quests for the "how we got to Panderia" questline. I've done a couple of zones on beta and they've been mostly the same from what I've seen, but looking for some info from someone who has gone to 90 on both.

Mostly they are the same for now. Jade Forest, Karasang Wilds, and Kunlai Summit are the only zones with faction specific quests for now.

Jade Forest has some differences. The intros are now highly similar but with a few differences. The Hozen/Jinyu quests offer a bit of variation, but once that's all over it's all the same.

Karasang has the seperate Night Elf and Tauren towns, not sure how much story difference there is between them but I think there is some. Kun lai it looks like they'll be mirrors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, for a "We're fighting eachother again!" expansion, they sure are building it up slowly, with little to no different questlines outside of Jade Forest or Krasarang Wilds. To be fair, I didn't do the mid-western questzone, with all the shado-pan stuff going on, but not much conflict seems to happen in that zone either, so I think those are all neutral questgivers too.

They better shift it into higher gears when 5.1 etc comes with invasions and stuff, because at the moment it's just a mere "oops we attacked eachother in one zone, let's clean up the mess behind us in all the others!"
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

They are mirroring each other because if they didnt people would come out of the woodwork complaining x faction has beter quests then me QQ. So dont expect massive differences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Honestly, for a "We're fighting eachother again!" expansion, they sure are building it up slowly, with little to no different questlines outside of Jade Forest or Krasarang Wilds. To be fair, I didn't do the mid-western questzone, with all the shado-pan stuff going on, but not much conflict seems to happen in that zone either, so I think those are all neutral questgivers too.

They better shift it into higher gears when 5.1 etc comes with invasions and stuff, because at the moment it's just a mere "oops we attacked eachother in one zone, let's clean up the mess behind us in all the others!"
    I remember very well to have listened Metzen who said that the expansion would be in 2 cycles: 1- the box product (5.0) who would be more related to an adventure and 2- the patch cycle which would bring further the war between Horde and Alliance.