Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    One thing you should ask yourself first, though: do you know how to heal properly on your Paladin? If you still need to get familiar with all your spells and cooldowns, then running a few regular dungeons would actually be much more helpful. Experience will take you further than gear, and you won't necessarily learn much from LFR, other than what your mother apparently does during the night.

Join lfr and let the other healers carry you a bit, it's not really going to hurt anyone. I can't tell you how many times I'd join lfr on my undergeared dps and just auto attack the boss then minimize my screen and watch a tv show on hulu. It's kinda dick, but no one ever notices unless you wipe repeatedly, and at this point, thats near impossible.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny story, when I ran lfr on my shammy I never equiped my healing set to heal.
    Stayed enhanced and outhealed everyone with maelstrom/healingrain and still got in the top 5 dps.
    go heals, go dps, just don't afk through it and you should be good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs00 View Post
    Just do it, it's LFR. Most people wouldn't even give it a thought.
    If you're really THAT bad, they'll kick you anyways.
    Can't happen unless you're on final boss.
    To be honest it's that easy so it's retarded. I once "multiboxed" with two computers... That were not even in the same room :d (and that was tank and healer :d), yet nobody kicked either of those characters.

No one will notice. When i did LFR yesterday, two healers were watching TV or something, and just following the raid. Each had about 10k healing total. Tried to kick them, but we were either in combat, or a loot were going on, since both wouldn't need/greed till the last second. tsk tsk.

I wouldn't mind, but both won gear pieces i needed. Made me sad

10+ Year Old Account
    If you know your class, gear isn't really a problem. But I don't suggest acting like a asshat like everyone else in this thread apparently does >.> "But but everyone in LFR is an dipshit! I better act like one too so I fit in"

10+ Year Old Account
    Do LFR. Even crap Wrath geared or quest green geared characters will do more DPS in LFR than bads, or people who just don't care and are AFK'ing to VPs. Buy BoE PVP gear (don't equip it!) and get into LFR. Sell the PVP gear as you get real gear. No gold lost, and you get geared fast. It's pretty much what to do now. Take a peek at my DK alt that I finally got around to levelling. Hit 85. Did LFR same day. Got into alt raid run with guild later that night.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...al/achievement
    Level 85 - 07/15/2012
    Fall of Deathwing - 07/15/2012 (LFR in BOA and ICC25 Gear)
    Destroyer's End - 07/15/2012 (Guild run later that night in BOA and LFR/VP/JP gear)

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    I went in this past week with 69k mana buffed, and proceeded to be second on heals. If you have any decent knowledge of your class you'll be fine.
    I second this. Anyone who does a bit of research and plays right can do well in LFR no matter the gear.

I for one, being a healer, could care less about what gear the other healers have, as long as they TRY.

Now I am only one piece short of full heroic geared, I only que with guildies for que times. The other night, I did 64% of the healing on Ultraxion, 58% on Warmaster, 73% on spine, and 59% on madness. This was with 4-5 other healers. Some barely doing 6-7k HPS on Ultraxion! People just rarely try in LFR.

Go for it, just don't stand there and let the others do it all. =)

As long as you know all the tactics and don't mess up or piss people off, and stay under the rader you'll be ok to go into lfr undergeared.

Sure go for it. If the LFR tool will let you queue with that gear then you are free and clear. The worst that can happen is they'll kick you and then youll never have to see those people again.

of course you should, just dont take any hate u get personal

Deleted
    there are people afk
    standing in the back
    with pvp gear
    no enchants and gems
    and they get the achievment and the gear ..why care

Being undergeared is not what causes someone to produce low heal/s in an LFR situation. The usual 2-3 people you see on the meter pulling sub/low-10k's numbers are just not participating or are totally clueless.

In all likelihood, if you're even massively undergeared but have a decent idea of what to do, you'll land in the middle-of-the-pack in heal/s. For example I "cheated" on a holy priest alt by carrying some 377 crafted pvp gear in my bags just to get in, and right off the bat I was at least #2 in heal/s on every single fight, and I wasn't particularly good by any means, I just wasn't absolutely clueless.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 03:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Funny story, when I ran lfr on my shammy I never equiped my healing set to heal.
    Stayed enhanced and outhealed everyone with maelstrom/healingrain and still got in the top 5 dps.
    The "outhealed everyone" part is a bit too much of an exagerration/fabrication to accept at face value!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    go heals, go dps, just don't afk through it and you should be good.
    Shamans?! In the paladin forums?! Shoo! Shoo! Out with you!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Just do it man. i literally sit on my shaman, shoot out healing rains on CD and keep ES on the tank and i get top 2 heals every time. ppl are stupid as fuck on LFR so dont even trip
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about gear, if you know how to heal you can outshine better geared players anyway.
    Just do your part, don't bitch in chat etc and I doubt people will pay you much attention.

The worst that can happen is that you get kicked.

Deleted
    Yes. My friends dinged 85, got geared and killed normal Deathwing in 9 days. I'm not saying I'm good, I'm saying this game is that easy and you shouldn't worry about being geared.

For normal I'd if you are +375 your good to go. For LFR it doesn't matter, get the Ilvl in ur bags if you have to...it's there to just snatch epics.

Don't be so preachy, just go in there and lol at how easy it is even with bad gear.
    Hi Sephurik

Don't do that. That is the shit is usually wiping people in LFR because everyone thinks like that.