Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by incarcerated View Post
    Also, how long does WiK take to complete for the weapon?
    Including HotN I would say about 12 hours. Then you get atleast 2 weapons. After that you can farm another weapon pretty fast through Auspicious Beginnings and you have 3 oppressor weapons.

Deleted
    Few questions, as I'm not doing as well as I should be.

How do I build a proper hero build? I've seen plenty around, but they're like Nec/Mes, and I don't know how to make something like that. I only get single-profession heroes.

How do I get the skills for them? I've looked at a skill seller, and can't work anything out.

Is there any way to change your secondary profession?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post

How do I build a proper hero build? I've seen plenty around, but they're like Nec/Mes, and I don't know how to make something like that. I only get single-profession heroes.

How do I get the skills for them? I've looked at a skill seller, and can't work anything out.

Do what I do, and beg friends for advice. :P Alternatively, look at the PvX wiki (I think Squirrel linked it in the first post) and try to find something that seems to fit. That's how I got by until I got some expert advice. You can change your heroes' secondary profession in the same window where you select their skills and attributes (default key: K). You get skills for them from either purchasing them from a Hero Skill vendor (I know I have seen at least one in Nightfall) or from purchasing an unlock package in the NCSoft store. Finally, there is no way to change your secondary profession (to my knowledge, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Finally, there is no way to change your secondary profession (to my knowledge, at least).
    Profession changer. Here you go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Profession changer. Here you go.
    Boy, am I glad I included that disclaimer now!

Heh, that'll work in my favor. I should be able to just get Ranger as my secondary profession to tame the Black Moa and then switch back to my previous secondary. Right?

Use the link under builds in my first post. Follow the instructions about how to find profession builds and then for skills. The pvp route is the fastest way to unlock skills.
    Without knowing exactly what skills you have access to it is pretty hard to design you hero builds.
    Hope that helps.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Boy, am I glad I included that disclaimer now!

Heh, that'll work in my favor. I should be able to just get Ranger as my secondary profession to tame the Black Moa and then switch back to my previous secondary. Right?
    Yup Easiest way to do it.

Deleted

Add me ingame (Elia Firesworn) and I'll send you the hero builds for 2 rit 2 mesmer 3 necromancer. You'll need all the hero skill unlocks and the actual heroes though for it to work. Skill unlock packs can be bought in the ingame store (£7 per pack. 5 available packs) but you can also train your heroes at hero skills trainers for hero skillpoints or 1 plat + 1 skill point.
    The heroes for the build above are:
    Norgu - Mesmer (Nightfall)
    Livia - Necromancer (EotN)
    Olias - Necromancer (Prophecies)
    Master of Whispers - Necromancer (Nightfall)
    Gwen Mesmer (EotN)
    Razah - Ritualist (Nightfall)
    Xandra - Ritualist (EotN)

To get them all, you'll need to make the correct story choices in Nightfall and progress fairly far into EotN and Nightfall. I have a few hero builds for other heroes but this is the best set of heroes for campaigning. Any other problems, I'm around on GW most evenings so if you need help, just ask!

Edit: I can also lend you my heroes for campaigns by entering an area with you and my heroes, then leaving. You lose 1 hero in the process but the builds should make the trade off more than worth it in your case. At least until you have the skills and the heroes to do it all yourself
    Last edited by mmocc12e1a6c25; 2012-08-06 at 01:21 PM.

That's the 7 hero support build in my first post ;-)
    But yh...I forgot about the hero skills trainers. I'll have to add that in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    That's the 7 hero support build in my first post ;-)
    But yh...I forgot about the hero skills trainers. I'll have to add that in.
    I use a different build. It's called discord. High damage dealing, condition based with lots of minions and overpowered in 90% of campaign missions I played factions all the way through without deaths and masters rewards on all missions first time. In Nightfall, your option is needed though as it allows room for a required mission hero.

The discord builds are applied to the Necros only. There are 3 different builds, 1 for each necro. I can send you the skill template later if you want ;D

I use a different build. It's called discord. High damage dealing, condition based with lots of minions and overpowered in 90% of campaign missions I played factions all the way through without deaths and masters rewards on all missions first time. In Nightfall, your option is needed though as it allows room for a required mission hero.

The discord builds are applied to the Necros only. There are 3 different builds, 1 for each necro. I can send you the skill template later if you want ;D
    That's linked too and it's what I use I should have looked at the heroes better....obv it's discordway lol
    Prefer it over 7 hero support...much nicer. And I'm mesmer so it works really well with the aoe hexes. Done all the HM missions with it without an major probs.
    Just big investment getting the weapons and builds. But it's loverely xD
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-08-06 at 02:18 PM.

I'm in need of Diamonds and Onyx Gemstones, also undedicated Destroyer weapons

Deleted
    That's linked too and it's what I use I should have looked at the heroes better....obv it's discordway lol
    Prefer it over 7 hero support...much nicer. And I'm mesmer so it works really well with the aoe hexes. Done all the HM missions with it without an major probs.
    Just big investment getting the weapons and builds. But it's loverely xD
    I'm a fire ele so I get to spam AoE all day ;P The heroes serve to defend me when the mobs aren't stacking up nicely together. Aside from that, the might as well not be there /savannah heat + fire storm + meteor + liquid flame + fiery arrows ;D AoE madness i tells ya! But it is a very glass cannon build so every now and then, my heroes take over the work. The point is that you should have that flexibility in your team to be able to overcome any challenge. Lots of mobs? Minion meat shields + AoE. Big bosses? Conditions from multiple heroes take it down fast even without my help. Healers get mesmerised and anything in-between is just filler ;P

But I thought that maybe instead of linking to the sites, you could have the build codes on the page for player characters and for heroes. Even a simple build would help a lot of people with sub-optimal heroes. For example, I need to take magrid the sly on required missions sometimes and she is useless as I don't have the builds. Having a list of builds ready for when you get the hero first helps to alleviate that problem, especially for people who just started and don't know where to look for good builds. You might say it's easy to find a build but it's confusing at first for anyone going into this game

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'm in need of Diamonds and Onyx Gemstones, also undedicated Destroyer weapons
    Heh, who isn't in need of those? :/
    But just in case there are generous people around, I'll put my hand up and say I need minis, weapons and probably a little help with armors, whether its a lot of help or only a little, anything will help at this point. Not bothering with zaishen title though. Not gonna farm 1200k for 3 HoM points ;P

Well I just need 5 weapons or

30 Diamonds
    34 Onyx

and tons of Iron and Granite

Oh I don't think it's easy at all to make/find builds...it's one of the hardest things to get right in this game.
    It's just next to impossible to make a list of builds that could fit every player. Who knows what they will have access to. I'd end up having to make a gzillion builds. it's better to just work with what you have and follow the profession links on the website to develop the builds. Ofc...knowing how to do it and what to go for at the beginning is daunting...

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 02:48 PM ----------

30 Diamonds
    34 Onyx
    Sell ur soul.
    Lazy blood :/

Deleted
    Oh I don't think it's easy at all to make/find builds...it's one of the hardest things to get right in this game.
    It's just next to impossible to make a list of builds that could fit every player. Who knows what they will have access to. I'd end up having to make a gzillion builds. it's better to just work with what you have and follow the profession links on the website to develop the builds. Ofc...knowing how to do it and what to go for at the beginning is daunting...
    A good example goes a long way, even if it isn't to their taste

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 03:55 PM ----------

30 Diamonds
    34 Onyx

And I'd like an Olympic gold medal. That's a whole lot of expensive materials there! I doubt you'd find anyone willing to give all that away. Also I highlighted your silly wording

Who said give? I never said give

Anyhow I bought myself 3 Destroyer Weapons now and in terrible need for Iron/Granite and 4 Onyx, as I said, I'm buying.

So if anyone has them contact me in game; Kilik Razing Flames

Who said give? I never said give

Anyhow I bought myself 3 Destroyer Weapons now and in terrible need for Iron/Granite and 4 Onyx, as I said, I'm buying.

So if anyone has them contact me in game; Kilik Razing Flames
    I sold my iron and Onyx a few days ago...sorry

Doesn't matter just need Granite Slabs now.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 05:41 PM ----------

and I'm done. 40/50

Deleted
    Doesn't matter just need Granite Slabs now.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 05:41 PM ----------

and I'm done. 40/50
    Some of us are still working on 30 :s

Some of us are still working on 30 :s
    Difference is that I've been playing this game for 5 years