Thread: Mogushan LFR

10+ Year Old Account

Mogushan LFR

So, as most of you (hopefully) know, the LFR got released for Mogushan Vaults. I just got done running the whole thing, and it surprisingly seems to be tuned well, but the pug groups that will be going into this place are going to be awful, especially in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Good to hear!

And, I'll be honest, many pugs in the second half of LFR DS right now are awful. Looks like it'll be about the same experience, minus the loot issues.

I tried Feng of the Accursed but I was lagging pretty badly so I just left (I'm on Gilneas PvP), I had like 700/2300 world ms, anyone else experience that? And it's not my connection, I went on live and I had 70 ms like usual.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been trying to do LFR, keep getting put in to Feng the Accursed fail runs so haven't even been able to kill one boss yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Good to hear!

And, I'll be honest, many pugs in the second half of LFR DS right now are awful. Looks like it'll be about the same experience, minus the loot issues.
    while im not completely disagreeing with you.. im only adding, LFR on live is awful because a majority of the decent players are not running it. it was very smooth when it first released. but now that many have either gotten bored, gotten better gear, or just plain puked from all the trolls (people thinking they know best as to who gets gear) pretty much make it seem awful.

OT: nice to hear the difficulty feels good in MV. when a majority of the players come back or decide to raid via LFR when Mists releases.. it should be fun.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-08-04 at 05:17 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    while im not completely disagreeing with you.. im only adding, LFR on live is aweful because a majority of the decent players are not running it. it was very smooth when it first released. but now that many have either gotten bored, gotten better gear, or just plain puked from all the trolls (people thinking they know best as to who gets gear) pretty much make it seem awful.
    That's very true. It was bad the first few weeks in terms of wipes, but people were surprisingly patient, and willing to talk people through fights. Hopefully we'll see a repeat of that in Mists.

It'll be pretty easy when it's released (1 week after normal opens) and strats become common. The only reason it's remotely difficult right now is because a lot of the people don't know the mechanics.

Garajal was a joke. The only problem is that the LFR dungeon journal doesn't mention that you have to push the button in the spirit world once you've been healed up in order to get out, even though it shows up in the Normal journal. It might be an omission, or it might be that the game will just automatically return you to the regular world in LFR and that wasn't implemented yet. Once people were told about it after the first couple wipes, it was hardly an issue.

Stone Guard was all right even with all the people standing in void zones and ignoring mechanics. Feng is the only one that is annoying to deal with when people don't run from Epicenter, Nullification Barrier isn't being used, etc. The damage is still somewhat healable, but it's definitely not the kind of damage you'd expect to have to deal with in LFR or even normals.

I only ever saw the first half opened up in the queue window, though I saw people advertising for LFR runs for the second half. Not sure if it didn't update on my game or something.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2012-08-04 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    It'll be pretty easy when it's released (1 week after normal opens) and strats become common. The only reason it's remotely difficult right now is because a lot of the people don't know the mechanics.

Gajaral was a joke. Stone Guard was all right even with all the people standing in void zones and ignoring mechanics. Feng is the only one that is annoying to deal with when people don't run from Epicenter, Nullification Barrier isn't being used, etc. The damage is still somewhat healable, but it's definitely not the kind of damage you'd expect in LFR.
    forgetting that your gear is scaled? i havent tried it yet, but gear has been scaling in every other instance. why not this too? sure its easy to call something a "joke" when you outgear it before even going in. the purpose is to test that mechanics work.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-08-04 at 06:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    forgetting that your gear is scaled? i havent tried it yet, but gear has been scaling in every other instance. why not this too?
    It was, but I think it was just scaled to heroic dungeon level gear, which is like 463 I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my..I hope it won't be that bad in LFR. :/

Made by the fabulous i4ni <3