PVP Trinkets verses PVE Trinkets

Made this thread to discuss which trinket you guys would use in raids. The PVP trinkets look way better.

PVP

Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
    Season 12
    Binds when picked up
    Trinket
    +855 Agility
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 464
    Increases your Resilience by 269
    Use: Increases your Agility by 4236 for 20 sec.(2 Min Cooldown)

PVE

Bottle of Infinite Stars
    Raid Finder
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped: Bottle of Infinite Stars (1)
    Trinket
    Requires Level 90
    Item Level 476
    Increases your Mastery by 956
    Your attacks have a chance to grant you 2539 Agility for 20 sec.

Edit: I'm new to this.
    Last edited by Urdaddyshunter; 2012-08-04 at 05:25 AM.

In what setting... oh wait the trinkets are super imbalanced right now and pvp trinks are almost always better :/

All depends on the internal cooldown of those two, I guess. But from what it looks like the pvp trinket is mega much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    As of current design, until you start hitting heroic modes PvP trinkets are coming out on top for just about every role in the game.

However, many people are commenting on this and I would not be at all surprised if you see the on-use on PvP trinkets be changed to PvP Power. Which, honestly, makes more sense to me in the first place.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Thats what i thought. The on use PVP trinket looks remarkably OP with all that on use agility, and if you can stack that with any other cooldowns we have it would be amazing.

Deleted
    This is the first time I've actually seen the stats for the new pvp trinkets, I don't quite know what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I refuse to participate in PvP to get an item for PvE. I don't care for that aspect of the game, so of those 2, my choice will NOT be the PvP trink. Fark that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    I refuse to participate in PvP to get an item for PvE. I don't care for that aspect of the game, so of those 2, my choice will NOT be the PvP trink. Fark that.
    You can just trade in points for honour (assuming this is still possible in MoP)

But this will surely be fixed before launch. Would be ridiculous otherwise.

Deleted
    always use the on use trinket instead of a RNG trinket for PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    However, many people are commenting on this and I would not be at all surprised if you see the on-use on PvP trinkets be changed to PvP Power. Which, honestly, makes more sense to me in the first place.
    The problem is that there is passive main stat and on-use/proc main stat.

Make either of those secondary, and they'll be in line with the pve counter parts. Pvp power and resilience aren't part of item budget so should stay untouched. Else pvp gear will be worse than equal ilvl pve gear which is something they did not want as they want the high end pvp being able to do simple pve with the gear he has and not grind lower ilvl pve gear because it's better (like it is on live).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    If you were in a bleeding edge progression guild you would, regardless of your opinion of PVP. Gimping your character because you don't like X and miss out on a world first? You would be replaced faster than you could change your mind.
    On the other hand it's a moot point if you tackle heroic modes fully decked out in normal mode gear and nerfs stacked.

Deleted
    Are the pvp trinkets still so overpowered in the current build?

Could someone take a look?

Deleted
    Awwww are the pvers, who the entire game is balanced around not getting their way for once? awwwwww, dont worry though the pvp system caters to clickers and keyboard turners given enough losses.

Deleted
    The PvP trinkets have been changed : they no longer give passive main stats, so they should be ignored in PvE settings. The LFR trinket is still bad 'tho, would rather use the new darkmoon card and another passive agi trinket

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    Awwww are the pvers, who the entire game is balanced around not getting their way for once? awwwwww, dont worry though the pvp system caters to clickers and keyboard turners given enough losses.
    It is easy to get pvp tripnkets . The Problem is they were BIS for PVE and PVP. We would never get an upgrade.
    pvp gear should be best for PVP and PVE for PVE.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2012-09-10 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    PVP trinket does not give agility anymore so just drop the discusion, they all give pvp power now instead

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    PVP trinket does not give agility anymore so just drop the discusion, they all give pvp power now instead
    I don't know if this is true, but I really hope that it is.

The current proc trinket > Vial of Shadows. Not so sure about the on use one, but the 55 ICD of the proc PvP trink makes it super good. Will be writing a blog on this some time tonight .

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Just checked both the strength and agility trinkets. Both are currently still giving str/agi on proc as well as having passive str/agi.