Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Did I read that right....you can gather the legendary items from LFR?....oh god
    One word: beta
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

15+ Year Old Account
    I was kinda excited when I heard that there would be class-specific legendaries. Come to find out now it's just a gem.

I'm hoping the gem is just the start of it all for everyone.

@ Mikehuntz : SOME of them you can. The rest you'll still have to do normal mode raiding at least, it seems. Read better, please. Don't just stop two words in and have a hissy fit.

I think a lot of you missed the part where this quest line continues in 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3. There are 3 more parts confirmed for later patches, so I'm guessing this gem isn't the end-all-be-all legendary. I think this is the first step in a quest line to an actual legendary. My theory (no evidence on this at all) is that ultimately those weapons will become BiS through legendary upgrades across the patches until they actually become individual legendary weapons, with all the cool procs that go along with that. Or at least I hope. Also, I agree that LFR content shouldn't be dropping parts of the legendary quest. Legendary items are supposed to represent work, dedication, a ton of luck, and skill (I'm not saying that they have lately, seeing the rogue daggers and staff on every other player in arenas), and I think AFKing out for a few minutes then getting part of a legendary is going against this philosophy. I would be fine, however, if just this part and the next part even are available to LFR and then the final one or two quests required normal/heroic, that way casuals can get their nice semi-legendaries and hardcores that want to spend hours farming for it can do that as well for a slightly better version.

So we get a awesome quest, which involves some pretty awesome lore figures, some collecting, some raiding and we get a pretty cool gem to socket our MOP raid weapons ?

Just can't please some QT's =(

Would you like Blizzard to just have the LFR Version Cost 4000 Valor points, and the Heroic Version have a 1% Drop chance ? Would that make you happy ?

I wouldn't even mind if the Gem was different depending on LFR > Heroic, Since i'll be at best getting the Normal Weapons and Gems

Maybe 450, 500 and 550 ?

Considering the LFR versions of the weapons have the Sha slot, maybe it's intended to be able to do the questline in LFR. If it rewards a weaker version of the crystal by doing it via LFR, I see no problem with it. And since it looks like Wrathion's questline is going to be one of the major plotlines for Pandaria, it'd be nice to see it as well via LFR.

So if the're removing rep tabards what's going to happen with all the WotLK and Cata factions that were designed to have their rep gained by tabards?

all the raid weapon and gear models are in the dungeon journal now

I'd be fine with this coming from LFR as long as you can get the gem back out if you progress into Normals and Heroics and get a better version of the weapon. If you only can do it once and get the gem once...

What Klog said!

What about those who have the normal version and upgrade to Heroic? Do we have to do it all again?

I havn't seen but does everyone get the legendary items seeing how it's a quest and everyone willbe on it?

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    I havn't seen but does everyone get the legendary items seeing how it's a quest and everyone willbe on it?
    LFR loot is now for each individual, so yes, everyone in the raid on the quest will get a Sigil.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about agi gems?
    Also what if one put this gem into a weapon. He then get a upgrade. can he take the gem out and put it in a new one? Or can he buy a new one? or is it stuck forever and sucks to be you then?
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    It seems there won't be any tank legendaries this tier neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfat View Post
    It seems there won't be any tank legendaries this tier neither.
    Or Hunter.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

5.1: Have a drink with Wrathion. Get a Sha-Touched epic weapon in your raid.
    5.2: Get some marks that resemble the Triforce (you supply your courage for the other two). He makes you a gem that resonates with that sha-touched weapon
    5.3: In return for 1,000 (insert grindy thingy here], he gives you his breath, which purifies the Sha-Touched weapon, turning it into a legendary Purified Weapon.

If this isn't how it goes or similar to, I will be disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    What about agi gems?
    Also what if one put this gem into a weapon. He then get a upgrade. can he take the gem out and put it in a new one? Or can he buy a new one? or is it stuck forever and sucks to be you then?
    Yeah we really need to know if you can either repeat the questline to get more gems, or get new ones some other way. Especially if we can use them in weapons from the next tiers. Its possible we will be upgrading the weapons with each tier which for me would not be cool since I play hunter, dont like guns, and it has mastery. Thank god for transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh Pico and her ugly glasses are back :>

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Or Hunter.
    There's a gun with the Sha gem socket.

Does this mean anyone running normalmode will have to do LFR too same week for extra quest items?

So can you get legendary from LFR? :s