Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    As I said, it's your opinion. All opinions matter, no matter how daft they are (not saying yours is).

LFR is meant to give better gear because, actually, it IS harder. People keep saying you can just AFK through the whole thing but that's just not true. If everyone sat there AFK while on Ultraxion, would the boss be killed? No, you'd wipe and have to do it properly. And to be honest, if something like that actually shocks you, life must be like the ultimate horror film for you.

I never said anything about not knowing a class or needing 5 hours or more to learn it. I find it quite amusing that you point me towards a website to learn my class. Believe this or not, I actually manage to learn my class all on my own. Thinking for myself? Is that shocking too?

By all means keep looking at how the game is doing. But please, don't just stick around to bad mouth the game if you no longer even play it. Millions of people still do and most have no idea this website even exists. Why? Because they manage to just play the game and have fun.[COLOR="red"]
    I think you are taking my post as a personal attack, I was not directing you towards noxxic, please don't be dramatic. I was saying that there are so many resources that can help people become better at the game in only 10 minutes that there really isn't an excuse, and could I ask if you have actually played LFR? I say it's a shock because every time I have been in there to help someone else out I see multiple people auto attacking or simply not attacking at all. Needless to say the few people who do actually take part in the fight manage to take down the bosses, even if there is only 15 or so people attacking or healing. Don't say LFR is harder than dungeons, because that is not true at all. The most challenging part of it for players is the button boss, because buttons are hard, clearly.

I am not bad mouthing the game, this just backs up the idea that you're taking this as an insult and not as criticism, the current state of the game is bad, take a look at the damn dungeon and raid forums, or even the thread the blues are talking in, so many people are against the current state of the game and are stuck in annual passes or subscriptions.

Again, please don't take this as a personal insult because it's not, and I'm all for a good discussion but every discussion which is opinionated seems to turn into a personal attack.

Again, to be 100%, I'm not attacking you.

This post is not a personal attack on you.

Edit: also i'll add that you did suggest that the game does take 5 hours to learn, if people take 10 minutes to learn their class and add a bit of difficulty to LFR like every other game, it wouldn't take 5 hours:
    Not everyone can sink 5+ hours into a game ever day. The majority of casual players will simply not raid at all if that difficulty is there.
    Last edited by mmoc58912c4cac; 2012-08-04 at 12:20 PM.

Deleted
    "While LFR difficulty requires less coordination and organization than normal raids, it still generally takes more effort than completing a heroic. Therefore, shouldn't the rewards be greater?"

Greater reward for doing something that takes more effort? what an interesting concept. Oddly this the very thing they argue against when defending nerfs (or at least that blue clown does). Shows that their arguement is flawed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    First of all, no, I didn't take anything as a personal attack. I'm grown up enough to not be offended by someone on the internet.

As for websites and addons, a lot of new players have no idea that those things are out there. A lot of current players don't even know about some of them. Unless a current player directs these guys to those resources, then they will only learn as well as their brains allow them.
    I've done LFR plenty of times and probably 9/10 times, everyone is doing as they should be. Generally because they don't want to be kicked. You can't take a few examples of your experience and assume it's the exact same experience for everyone else. In the end, your experience with the game will likely differ greatly from my own meaning that we have (obviously) different opinions of things. I won't deny that pushing a button seems hard for some people though. A druid in my raid group always fails to press it when he needs to, no matter how many times we tell him :P

Again, I'm not insulted so easily :) The current state of the game is not good or bad. It is subjective. Please don't tell me to read the forums. They are pretty much only used by people who have nothing better to do than complain. I've been raiding for a looong time and I would much rather have things the way we do now than what we used to have. Everything is opinion though and with so many players, there are bound to be so many different ones.
    30%+ of the games subscriptions gone since Wrath (not including those who have left and been replaced by new subscribers or RAF/SoR) says the game is in a decline :p It will be interesting though to see the numbers in Q42012/Q12013, when the "new expansion" view has disappeared, and the 1.1million annual pass holders who want to break away have unsubscribed.

Really, I hope Blizzard takes the loss in subscriptions as a wake up call to produce better content than the 4.1 Zul dungeons (Replacing a new raid with a couple of rehashed dungeons, yay?) and the 7-boss Firelands raid, and the 8-boss DS raid which had unusual difficulty curves all over the place, but we'll find out when 5.1 hits PTR. I really hope things get better.

LFR and legendaries items? No thanks.

For them wondering if the socket can be took out again: Yes.
    U'll just need an Engineer-Friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't the gems and the Sha-Touched weapons just the beginning of the Legendary quests that will span at least a few patches? And to the guy that said poor hunters, there is a gun on that list, lol

Deleted
    I think at the end we will have some fight based on Kael'Thas - Everyone will have legendary weapons which will have their special work to do so , but i think this legendaries won't be forever, since if they are on every class that means - free legendaries which i dont think if blizzard want to keep their subs in some normal numbers will do that . Imo ... they wanna trick us thinking everyone will have legendary at the end of the Expac but i don't think so ! It will be some normal weapon which will become legendary for some "Battle".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thrillseeker View Post
    I think at the end we will have some fight based on Kael'Thas - Everyone will have legendary weapons which will have their special work to do so , but i think this legendaries won't be forever, since if they are on every class that means - free legendaries which i dont think if blizzard want to keep their subs in some normal numbers will do that . Imo ... they wanna trick us thinking everyone will have legendary at the end of the Expac but i don't think so ! It will be some normal weapon which will become legendary for some "Battle".

Legendaries on every class doesn't mean free legendaries. From what it looks like, only half of the tokens drop in raid finder.

Sha Touched Spell DPS weapons...?

Am i the only one who doesnt like that the staff and mace are both haste/crit? as an ele shammy im sad there is no mastery thrown in there..

Deleted
    First of all, at the people complaining about the gem please keep in mind that this only 1 of possible 4 rewards from the quest line im sure that as the expac progresses u can turn u weapon or w/e into some form of badass super charged beatstick.
    Secondly is my questions, Is the gem going to get removable along with possible future enchants to reuse on new/better weapons as the expac continues or are players expected to save everything untill they get end game BiS? and is there only going to be one player in the raid at a time going to be able to collect the items? if i so i think this may cause alot of aggro for some players.

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on Blizzard, do not let the Sigils drop in the lowbobby LFR -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Faerwen View Post
    Aren't the gems and the Sha-Touched weapons just the beginning of the Legendary quests that will span at least a few patches? And to the guy that said poor hunters, there is a gun on that list, lol
    People can't read. They just jump to conclusions with out taking 5 minutes to figure out what's going on.

People who don't do LFR try this honestly

I won't be running LFR till I clear the instance on normal with my guild, that way I get a since of progression and see the bosses at their proper difficulty first. But this may not work for everybody since I am not in an extreme progression guild

Deleted
    Yeah Blizzard definitely needs to confirm if the gem will be able to be removed from the weapon in question to re-socket it into a Heroic upgrade.

Maybe we won't get enough sigils before heroic is actually released, considering the gating on the raids and if sigil's of wisdom only drops from Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs... Then it could take a while before anyone has enough to even get the gem.

Some confirmation would be nice though.

As always Blizzard doesn't listen at all...I'm glad not return to MOP!

A little disappointed about the change to the rep/tabard system. It was a huge step up in improvement over the tbc/vanilla means of acquiring rep in dungeons. Would hate to have each faction attached to 1-2 dungeons again. Especially with no level 90 normal modes that would be a huge pain to gather rep with a specific faction.

Quote Originally Posted by zarzer View Post
    It's unfair that there's no stamina gem. We feral druids will be forced to use the legendary agility gem.
    I'm hoping there's a mastery or atleast stamina gem out there that hasn't been discovered yet. I'd be very lame if plate tanks had to use a worthless strength gem. I wonder if we'll be able to stick a normal rare gem in the socket. Legendary or not I'll take 320 mastery over 500 strength every time.

Deleted
    What UI is the Rogue using?

Quote Originally Posted by rika View Post
    LFR and legendaries items? No thanks.
    Guess what.

LFR is optional - don't like it, don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    A little disappointed about the change to the rep/tabard system. It was a huge step up in improvement over the tbc/vanilla means of acquiring rep in dungeons. Would hate to have each faction attached to 1-2 dungeons again. Especially with no level 90 normal modes that would be a huge pain to gather rep with a specific faction.

I'm hoping there's a mastery or atleast stamina gem out there that hasn't been discovered yet. I'd be very lame if plate tanks had to use a worthless strength gem. I wonder if we'll be able to stick a normal rare gem in the socket. Legendary or not I'll take 320 mastery over 500 strength every time.
    Plate tanks have a higher strentgh to parry conversion ratio than they did in cata and parry gained from strength is not subject to DR if I remember correctly. The gem's are not quite as bad as they would be on live. Still not great but hardly worthless.

Don't think that legendary items will be in LFR on live - in 4.3 PTR gems for rogue's legendary drop from LFR, but it was changed on live. I'm sure this is same.