Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc Still the Best Healer so Far 5.2 Impressions

I did a lot of tests on ptr lfr and só far the topping meters are disc. Atonement are so strong. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Xio View Post
    I did a lot of tests on ptr lfr and só far the topping meters are disc. Atonement are so strong. What do you think?
    Recently on this forum people is saying the opposite
    Unfortunately i can't log on ptr due to crap bugs
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

Deleted
    What kind of test did you run? what where the results? what was the healer composition? how was there gear? where the also going for the full 100% or also slacking like we ar used to in normal lfr., what kind of dmg you mostly faced? how was the dmg spread? wich spells you found very effective and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty concerned about atonement, but that's about it. I think it's too big of an incentive in 10 man to have that .5 healer.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Has anyone found if atonement double dips?

Deleted
    Atonement double dips on the lfr wipe buff, making any data from lfr utterly irrelevant.

Deleted
    Disc will still be amazing on fights where you can afford to atonement dps for most of it and on fights with bursts of aoe damage, and utterly atrocious on a selected few fights. Hardly a good design, and since we'll look perfectly fine on the meters blizzard won't do anything about it.

If you tested that on lfr on ptr you're probably getting the wrong idea of current healer balance. First of all there is this lfr wipe buff, which disc double dips at with atonement and second there are plenty of encounters with damage buffs as well like jin'rokh and horridon.
    If you want to see more properly the real picture of current healer balance you should participate in normal/heroic tests where lfr double dipping buffs don't exist.

And also isn't all the Disc buffs/Nerf yet to be updated on the PTR

the change to PI, the way PoH works, the new mastery... and also the dubble dip on the LFR wipe buff...

Also doesn't help to see ppl using the ilvl buffer on Ancient items which offsets testing balance and mechanics in LFR >.<

Conclusion: Don't trust any numbers you see in LFR on PTR

GC explained how atonement works with the new mastery and divine aeiges, if a smite were to hit for 50k, you would expect a 100k crit, the feedback for atonement on the crit would still be a 50k heal and a 50k bubble, both the heal and the bubble are affected by mastery.

The double dip was in regards to mastery not LFR

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    The double dip was in regards to mastery not LFR
    There is no double dip for mastery on atonement. Mastery has no impact on how much damage you deal. It only increases the heal based off the damage you already did.

-_-

I'm not talking about double dipping from mastery alone. I am asking, if it is double diping from ALL abilities.

Meaning, Aveng+arch+mastery ect

Last i heard people were testing it, but I didnt see any results if atonment was benefiting from the new mastery or not.

Atonement is going to be even more overpowered, what's not to love

Meh, I was about to get excited until I realized this was about PvE.

Continuing to QQ, don't mind me.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    -_-

I'm not talking about double dipping from mastery alone. I am asking, if it is double diping from ALL abilities.

Meaning, Aveng+arch+mastery ect

Last i heard people were testing it, but I didnt see any results if atonment was benefiting from the new mastery or not.
    It's not on PTR yet. PTR has the old "No DA on PoH" build; new mastery, crits turning into DA etc isn't up yet.

But as Ghostcrawler says, mastery will increase Atonement heals. I don't see how it would "double dip" though. Healing buffs are multiplicative so if you had AA up, it would heal Damage*1.mastery*1.25.

I just meant double diping in terms of taking from multiple abilities.

Are they changing atonement? And if so, how?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyCupofJoe View Post
    Are they changing atonement? And if so, how?
    20% buff to penance (and obviously the extra healing from mastery, but this affects most heals), the main thing is that our other tools (primarly SS and PoH) get nerfed leaving atonement comparatively stronger.

Baseline instant Holy Fire is nice too. If you like atonement then you no longer have to choose between the Penance glyph and the Holy Fire/Smite glyph.

I'm also a little surprised that all the atonement damage spells were increased to 40 yards. But that will make Will of the Emperor less precarious, and I'm sure a lot of PvPers like the change.