Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post
    I just checked my priests on two different servers and the most recent hoxfix buffs (increase from 15% to 25% for chakra stances) is not live yet. Not only do the tooltips still read 15%, when I tested the healing done with the respective chakra on and off, it is still a 15% change not a 25%. I do believe however, that the buff to PoM and PoH are already live.
    PoH, PoM & Cascade are live. But probably not this new sp increase, but the 25% is live.

Also, pretty sure this new Chakra thing is 5.1
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    PoH, PoM & Cascade are live. But probably not this new sp increase, but the 25% is live.

Also, pretty sure this new Chakra thing is 5.1
    So you think 5.1 is going to bring another buff to Cascade, PoM and PoH? I agree, I think the Chakra change is something we are going to have to wait for which is unfortunate to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post
    So you think 5.1 is going to bring another buff to Cascade, PoM and PoH? I agree, I think the Chakra change is something we are going to have to wait for which is unfortunate to say the least.
    No. I think that this new spell power coefficient for Cascade is with 5.1 and Chakra. GC had said that most of those datamined changes earlier (see PoH/PoM +25%) were just hotfixes and were live already and they hadn't yet made class changes. This very well could come before 5.1, but my guess is that these new changes are 5.1 related.

Chakra buffs... why not increase Holy Priest's healing baseline? I don't get it...
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Chakra buffs... why not increase Holy Priest's healing baseline? I don't get it...
    I am really starting to get the feeling Blizzard sees Chakra as a tuning nob to adjust Disc/Holy independent of each other. This sure does make Chakra an even more painful mechanic when you need to cast a heal that isn't buffed. Losing 20% is rather noticeable. That is like an anticooldown.
    Last edited by Chimaera; 2012-10-17 at 09:13 PM.

Chimaera: 25%, it seems. Not 20%.
    And yeah, that's quite.... dramatic.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
    I am really starting to get the feeling Blizzard sees Chakra as a tuning nob to adjust Disc/Holy independent of each other. This sure does make Chakra an even more painful mechanic when you need to cast a heal that isn't buffed. Losing 20% is rather noticeable. That is like an anticooldown.
    Whatever happened to the spec passives? Being able to tune +damage (or +healing) for a spec as a whole would accomplish this just the same, without the need for the anti-cooldown.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Chimaera: 25%, it seems. Not 20%.
    And yeah, that's quite.... dramatic.
    You gain 25% from baseline but if you look at it from the perspective of going down from buffed to baseline it is 1 / 1.25 or .8, a 20% loss. I'm sorry for any confusion.

@Kelesti: Resto Shaman are the only healer I have seen that still has some form of passive increased healing modifier. I don't really know why they did this but unless it is hidden from us, they are gone, and with them the convenient tweaking knob.

The new Chakra change on the PTR is beyond stupid. I could defend Chakra to a point, but even I have my limits. 25% is too much of a lock in.

(been laying low on priest forums, since I rerolled a Monk Mistweaver -- glad I did!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    The new Chakra change on the PTR is beyond stupid. I could defend Chakra to a point, but even I have my limits. 25% is too much of a lock in.

(been laying low on priest forums, since I rerolled a Monk Mistweaver -- glad I did!!)
    There is, perhaps, hope for you yet, Themos.

Deleted
    SIGH! Just get rid of the +healing% and only make chakra affect our spell mechanics. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    I am happy to say that we for once are in absolute agreement! <3
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

They'd have to dramatically increase the potency of the holy word effects to make up for that imbalance.
    UGH, man am I glad I rerolled. If I went into MoP on my priest, Id just go shadow at this point.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty bearable now, and with further 10%, it should be good. Of course, tying that bonus output to Chakra is annoying as hell, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, Disc is still completely dependant on PoH and Spirit Shell, so... there's still things to do in 5.1. Unless it's magically balanced for 10 man, where damage is only spread across two groups, instead of 5 and that makes it fine. Maybe, I wouldn't know. (plus it makes Cascade much weaker, so... meh)

'Course, I still find that log funny. Monk that isn't #1 on healing (with another one being #2) on something other than WoE? I have yet to see that in our case. But, it's not really a fair comparison, they still crush everyone despite their nerfs.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-10-24 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's pretty bearable now, and with further 10%, it should be good. Of course, tying that bonus output to Chakra is annoying as hell, but it's better than nothing. Unfortunately, Disc is still completely dependant on PoH and Spirit Shell, so... there's still things to do in 5.1. Unless it's magically balanced for 10 man, where damage is only spread across two groups, instead of 5 and that makes it fine. Maybe, I wouldn't know. (plus it makes Cascade much weaker, so... meh)

'Course, I still find that log funny. Monk that isn't #1 on healing (with another one being #2) on something other than WoE? I have yet to see that in our case. But, it's not really a fair comparison, they still crush everyone despite their nerfs.
    He was tank healing.

Heroic Kings: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9400&e=10044

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys and girls.. What happened to our Sanctuary? I rly miss using it!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Guys and girls.. What happened to our Sanctuary? I rly miss using it!
    It was "fixed". Naturally, this has revealed the ugly truth about the spell - it's terrible when it's actually working right. Being bugged and healing ~300% of what it was supposed to was the only thing making it "good" in Cataclysm.

That, and we also got pseudo Chain Heal with Divine Insight and Cascade, giving us even more options for AOE healing. Compared to that, pitifully weak ground heal just doesn't seem as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    He was tank healing.
    Well, that explains it. I prefer to just go Serenity and tank heal myself. No matter what I do, I just can't match Monk aoe output anyway, so I just let him (them) do what they're best at, while doing something that isn't really their speciality. Plus, can always drop LS/Cascade/DI PoM for some extra aoe healing... at reduced effectiveness. Thanks, Chakra.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-10-24 at 12:40 PM.

I actually can't say I do. One less cooldown to track.

Lightwell is the new HW: Sanctuary, filling the missing gap of healing. And can do so without being locked in one chakra state.

And HW: Sanctuary is the new lightwell, being absolutely useless in 99% of all content.

HW: Sanc isn't that bad when you're perma stacked up and there's consistent damage. I got 378k healing from 2 casts - granted it had 60% overheal as well, it's really not all bad. But it's soooo extremely situational. The only times I have casted it are pre-cast on Heroic Spirit Kings and during Epicenter and draw flame on Heroic Feng. Depending on how many people you have stacked in the middle it might do well on Heroic Will as well, we'll see.