Thread: adc adc adc

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

adc adc adc

Literally pisses me off when people say "adc". This is some new acronym that must have started up in the couple week break I took from LoL and it is driving me nuts. People used to just call AD, not adc. Then when you ask them why you call it that instead of ad they say its shorter. What?

ADC is unnecessary, 100% because it is already known and implied that the AD is the carry. It is like saying apm, adj, adt. It is dumb and drives me nuts.

Deleted
    APC and ADC seem logical to me. So, your saying attack damage. That's a stat. Well done. You want to play the AD based carry. Okay. That's logical. ADC. There we go.

10+ Year Old Account
    When people call AD it is already known it is AD carry, if you want to call top you call top, if you want mid you call mid.

By your logic you would be saying, ADT or APT, MAP or MAD, or other stupid things that don't need to be said, because its already known.

You're overreacting. Its a simple acronym and it makes perfect sense. ADC: Its faster than the more popular "Carry" term. Why are 3 letters making you so upset? :/ I've never heard of a carry being called "AD." People usually say "We need AD" when we have like an 4 AP characters and they want some one to pick an AD character to balance it out.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2012-08-04 at 09:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    So much buzz over one letter, heh.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

To tell you the truth, this is the first time I see this acronym. People usually say 'bot' and you know they mean ad carry...

What does AD stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by schir2 View Post
    What does AD stand for?
    It was either amazing ducks... or Attack damage.

I think it was the first one though, don't hold me up on it.

I thought AD was Attack Dinosaur
    And ADC is Attack Dinosaur Captain

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else want to literally kill every last human on earth when somebody insta-locks Teemo and calls mid? I consider myself a civilized person, but if I ever met somebody and knew that they'd done that, I would have no problem slowly burning them to death.

Off topic, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Muraza View Post
    Literally pisses me off when people say "adc". This is some new acronym that must have started up in the couple week break I took from LoL and it is driving me nuts. People used to just call AD, not adc. Then when you ask them why you call it that instead of ad they say its shorter. What?

ADC is unnecessary, 100% because it is already known and implied that the AD is the carry. It is like saying apm, adj, adt. It is dumb and drives me nuts.
    stop playing then
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do I call for AP jungle Sona?
    I like waffles!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiryia View Post
    What do I call for AP jungle Sona?
    You say "Hey guys, I'm about to carry your asses to victory!"

Sure it's superfluous, but I don't see it as a big deal.

Really, if you want to blame anyone, blame Riot. I think they should have renamed the champion types to fit the meta game ages ago. In champion spotlights instead of saying ranged attack damage carry, just say bottom, or if that's not specific enough, ad, or ranged ad. Fuck, saying bottom ad is probably closer to giving new players an accurate description. When Fiora came out and Phreak called her a "melee attack damage carry" I was just like, yeah, right. More like top lane bruiser.

Deleted
    I remembered one guy who complained about the term "hyper carry" and got flamed. Truth be told, acronyms come up as the game evolves. If some new term is made, it needs an acronym, sure.
    But there have to be limits :P

Hey guys, I'm gonna pick an adc (picks sivir).
    No no no, don't pick sivir, I'm gonna be a adhc (hyper carry). (picks tristana)
    No no you noobs, i'm gonna be lgadhc (late game ad hyper carry). (picks vayne)
    F*ck you guys, i'm gonna be an egdac (early game dominator anti carry) (picks urgot)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    When Fiora came out and Phreak called her a "melee attack damage carry" I was just like, yeah, right. More like top lane bruiser.
    She is not a bruiser. Same as Yi and Tryndamere, so he was completely right in calling her that. Problem is that the meta has no place for such champions, but that's a whole different matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    She is not a bruiser. Same as Yi and Tryndamere, so he was completely right in calling her that. Problem is that the meta has no place for such champions, but that's a whole different matter.
    Well Yi belongs in the jungle, for starts. Also, I find that Akali and Fiora can both consistently hold their own against any bruiser in the top lane. In fact, I prefer an Akali top over any other champion simply for her unfathomable killing power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both Yi and Trynda do better in the jungle than in top lane imo. Doesn't change the fact that they're both easily countered and weak early game no matter where they go. They're melee carries because they do stupid damage once they get their items. That goes for all three of them.

Deleted
    You should just ignore that shit, otherwise you might get really pissed off that you might loose a game cause of that lol.

But tbh I see nothing wrong with that.. When I want to do ad carry, I say ad carry, not adc but you know.. So people can know what you want to do. It's more clear on what role you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why you find it so bothersome, but when I call AD and someone goes an AD carry and says its because I didn't call carry I only called AD, that pisses me off.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."