Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    and she didn't swim faster than the fully mature men swimming the same distance did she?
    Actually she did, her freestyle was faster than Lochte and Phelps'.

Now can we stop being shocked that people outswam Lochte and Phelps on their weakest stroke where they had already used most of their energy in their butterfly? Several people managed to do it, it proves nothing.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post

Now can we stop being shocked that people outswam Lochte and Phelps on their weakest stroke where they had already used most of their energy in their butterfly? Several people managed to do it, it proves nothing.
    it was her last lane.....
    To make it clear, I never questioned her achievement there. But it is in fact extremely extraordinary!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/data...tatistics-data

10+ Year Old Account

It was only the last 50m of her freestyle section; over the last 100m Lochte was fractionally faster, as well as being 23 seconds faster over the entire 400m.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    it was her last lane.....
    To make it clear, I never questioned her achievement there. But it is in fact extremely extraordinary!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/data...tatistics-data
    As long as there is money being payed to the metal winners expect some form of cheating / miss interpreting the rules.
    its not uncommon for people to produce bursts of superior performance, this has occurred throughout the games history.
    Do you think Hitler would have hesitated to cheat. Cheating will always be a part of anything involving money. hence my lack of interest in
    corporation funded games like the Olympics and any pro sports. cheat to win = pay to win.

when I hear of these types of conversations I often wonder why do people really care. In this day and age (esp in the US, but everywhere as well), if a person knew that taking a shot of something would make them the top of what they do, they'd do it, hands down. We live in a world that's neither fair nor impartial on a regular basis and its all about that money. So if someone wants to take that personal risk to get paid then no one has the right to complain.

Even worse to see stuff like this "leaked" to media outlets. The media will straight up lie, cheat and steal if it means getting more people people to watch so they can rake in more commercial money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chop0080 View Post
    when I hear of these types of conversations I often wonder why do people really care. In this day and age (esp in the US, but everywhere as well), if a person knew that taking a shot of something would make them the top of what they do, they'd do it, hands down. We live in a world that's neither fair nor impartial on a regular basis and its all about that money. So if someone wants to take that personal risk to get paid then no one has the right to complain.

Even worse to see stuff like this "leaked" to media outlets. The media will straight up lie, cheat and steal if it means getting more people people to watch so they can rake in more commercial money.
    Not everybody that has a chance to cheat does so, and cheating isn't a recent phenomenon either - we know of some cheats from the original Olympics in Ancient Greece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It was only the last 50m of her freestyle section; over the last 100m Lochte was fractionally faster, as well as being 23 seconds faster over the entire 400m.
    I'm not disputing that, if anything I'm agreeing with you. My post was aimed at Jeleh who said Schwen's 50m was faster than Lochte/Phelps but Ledecky's wasn't, when it was.

As I said after, it's a moot point because of several factors and isn't evidence in the slightest.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not disputing that, if anything I'm agreeing with you. My post was aimed at Jeleh who said Schwen's 50m was faster than Lochte/Phelps but Ledecky's wasn't, when it was.

As I said after, it's a moot point because of several factors and isn't evidence in the slightest.
    I was just clarifying your point, as a lot of people think that Ye swam the entire freestyle section (i.e. 1/4) faster than Lochte when she only swam 1/8 of the race faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Well either you are still a very young lad, or you live in another world than i.
    Not beeing offensive on you, but that is really a bit of a naive view.
    I on the other hand am pretty sure there ARE trainers/parents injecting their even under 15 years old kids to be on TV once, without even telling them.
    obviously it happens, im not that naive to think it doesnt, lol but comeon, what normal person would let that shit happen? theres a lot of f***ed up people in this world =\
    i live in the US, im 27, former military (3 tours over in iraq), land of steroid abuse, im merely stating that a trainer/parent that allows it to happen is a monster and not a normal human being, lol & is therefor disqualified as a member of our society

Deleted
    I don't think she was doped.

Women usually peak at the age of 15-18 in swimming, for men it's a lot later, like 24.