Poll: Do you think English speaking nations are at a disadvantage in the Olympics?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    No, winning is when its a competition. To get to the top of the Olympic medal table isnt a competition.
    Are we seriously going to argue this? It's a competition if people make it a competition. Countries like China and the US very obviously compete when it comes to medals and medal count. Anything can be turned into a competition if you have more than one willing to participate.

There wouldn't even be a "medal tally" if some people didn't think this was a competition. There would be no point for the medal tally, listing countries as 1st or 2nd.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One don't just win the Olympics.

There wouldn't even be a "medal tally" if some people didn't think this was a competition.
    You actually believe this? Seriously? I can have no words for believing this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    far rarer and more complicated language such as Chinese.
    yea hardly anybody speaks Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    no.
    teams will have some kind of code for plays/things.
    take any national league, everyone speaks the same language, they come up with codes so they don't give things away
    this, they don't just say in literal words what they are trying to execute

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Those are semantics now, it's obvious what he meant. Being on top is usually associated with winning.
    So, the USA did not "win", but China did, because they've been on top 15 more times?
    Silver does not count, as it's being on top that's usually associated with winning.

Even if what he said had some sense to it, it would still be wrong.
    You don't win the Olympics as a whole. It's just the people that get a bigger E-Penis when their country is on top of the tables, but not the athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    No, winning is when its a competition. To get to the top of the Olympic medal table isnt a competition.
    ...and in Beijing China was far ahead of the USA, by 15 Gold Medals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some athletes learn the language of their opposition in order to eavesdrop on team tactics...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5mj0Huxajk

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeri View Post
    So, the USA did not "win", but China did, because they've been on top 15 more times?
    Silver does not count, as it's being on top that's usually associated with winning.

Even if what he said had some sense to it, it would still be wrong.
    You don't win the Olympics as a whole. It's just the people that get a bigger E-Penis when their country is on top of the tables, but not the athletes.
    Wow people are blowing things way out of proportion. If you read what I said once again
    "The USA has won the last 4 Summer Olympic games in TOTAL MEDALS. I dont think speaking English matters at all."
    Theres nothing inaccurate about that statement as thats what happened. Nobody cares about E-Peen (or Penis as you like to say) I could give 2 shits about the Olympics I find most of them jokes of a sport if you can even call them sports to begin with and I absolutely despise Michael Phelps I think hes a tool. Fact is the USA has finished with the most medals giving evidence that speaking English does not hinder your chances which was the point of this topic. An also accurate statement would be "The Chinese won the last Summer olympics in GOLD MEDALS" But that doesnt help this argument about speaking English and is completely different from total medals.

Deleted
    It's not an advantage.