Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it ironic when it is WoW or any other MMO they can't trash it fast enough. But heaven forbid when SWTOR is trashed they come out with torches and pitch forks. I think that karma has come back and bit them in the ass in that now they know how players of other games/MMOs feel when you trash their games.

The Daily Blink wasn't even funny, it came across as extremely petty. That's a shame because normally they are funny but this one was lame.

Maybe the next will be a stab at people on this thread for telling them its a bad joke, that would really make them look sad.

The Daily Blink just did a Cata, can they bounce back with the next joke.
    Last edited by MrSerious; 2012-08-06 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    The Daily Blink wasn't even funny, it came across as extremely petty. That's a shame because normally they are funny but this one was lame.

Maybe the next will be a stab at people on this thread for telling them its a bad joke, that would really make them look sad.

The Daily Blink just did a Cata, can they bounce back with the next joke.
    They'll probably come out with different ideas after 10% of their readers decide to leave for another webcomic...

10+ Year Old Account
    At those mad about the Valor point hard cap: huh? There isn't anything to spend that Valor on *now* as it is other than selling bracers/boots or trading for Conquest Points. At least with Justice Points you can buy the Justice Trade Goods, but you can't downgrade VP. So...why stockpile it anyhow?

Oh shush about the damn comic. It was moderately funny.

Valor of the Ancients sounds good, nothing more tedious than grinding extra heroics for VP on your 5th alt :P

I like idea that it'll be easier to cap valor on alts but the 3k maximum valor points is a terrible addition. That is to say if blizzard keeps to about the same frequency of content patches. Usually by the end of a major patch I'll have considerably more than 3k. Right now many of my characters have 6k+ valor with nothing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You obviously don't play more than one toon by the sounds of your rant. Running dungeon after dungeon on your alts is what burnt a lot of folks out it became very tedious. And well there are enough idiots in LFR and in LFD right now that what this will do is make it faster to get away from them.

And well in the end this is a very good idea.
    Of course i play more than one toon otherwise why would i comment ?!
    I have 4 max level toons on which i cap everyweek if I can. It's not the 10-12 people in these comments claim they have, but hey, i think i'd burnout much faster with 12 alts than with 4.

If a folk is burned out, it is HIS problem, why even raise this? Blizzards standard reply to burnouts was "roll an alt". which everyone did. Now you say with 12 alts you are burnt out ? Oh noes .... give you free epics. See the vicious circle here ? When people will be bored, this buff will go up to 50%, 100% .... like the DS nerfs.

I would much rather run anything (dungeon, raid, lfr) with someone who has actually battled for their gear. THAT shows they know the encounters, their class, and the smart mechanics and perfect timing of abilities.

Being awesome on your main does not mean you are a good player on your alts, which is what this buff is implying (by giving your alt free VPs = top of the range items).

10+ Year Old Account
    Dat valor point buff is lookin hawt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I think your logic is dumbing the community down.
    I am sorry it was not as constructive as your invaluable post /endsarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Awesome, everyone is gonna have geared alts, but no clue how to play them. Atm the only way to judge the decency of a players if you don't have logs is gear. thats is fucked now, we are going to HAVE TO play with morons.

anyone dare say they are NOT dumbing down the game by giving your alts free Valor points ?
    Right because grinding out the same heroics over and over is a real mental challenge and doing so teaches you how to play your class.

The only thing dumbing down the game is stupid whiny sniping over every little thing Blizzard does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Right because grinding out the same heroics over and over is a real mental challenge and doing so teaches you how to play your class.
    yes ?

You do exactly the same in DS whether you are arcane mage, blood DK tank or holy priest ?

It's a totally different game considering what role you are playing ! why should you get free shizz on other characters because you can 111111112 on your mage ? you'll end up with an overgeared Tank alt who doesn't even know when he should use his CDs perfectly.

Go tank, and press the same buttons as a DPS. I think you might fail. this is what i am saying; the learning curve is beingflattened out, and i think it's a really easy way to just cater to people who are actually bored of playing, but want to max everything every week. (which is a contradiction)

Look dude, i am not a blizz hater or anything, i play everyweek, love the game, i am just pointing out that the direction they are taking is "easyness", and your ego can't accept that because you think you are OP because you have 12 alts. All i am saying is amount of alts does not equal skill, and therefore should not equal reward uniformly across your alts. Some are good alts, some are crap aren't they ?
    Last edited by mmoc8ee790e781; 2012-08-06 at 06:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    Funny how everyone started bashing Daily Blink for SWTOR when there wasn't a single word about SWTOR.
    Yeah, cause it's not a jedi standing in front of a screen that clearly reads bioware, star wars the old republic and ea... Are you seeing the same 'comic' as the rest of us?

Why is the valor point buff only for characters on the same realm? My main for Mists is on a new realm - my other level 85's are all on a different realm. What reason is there for making this realm specific instead of across the whole account?

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    Of course i play more than one toon otherwise why would i comment ?!
    I have 4 max level toons on which i cap everyweek if I can. It's not the 10-12 people in these comments claim they have, but hey, i think i'd burnout much faster with 12 alts than with 4.

If a folk is burned out, it is HIS problem, why even raise this? Blizzards standard reply to burnouts was "roll an alt". which everyone did. Now you say with 12 alts you are burnt out ? Oh noes .... give you free epics. See the vicious circle here ? When people will be bored, this buff will go up to 50%, 100% .... like the DS nerfs.

I would much rather run anything (dungeon, raid, lfr) with someone who has actually battled for their gear. THAT shows they know the encounters, their class, and the smart mechanics and perfect timing of abilities.

Being awesome on your main does not mean you are a good player on your alts, which is what this buff is implying (by giving your alt free VPs = top of the range items).
    stop saying free VPs! its not free, its just a little bit more for your alts per run, after you capped on your main. to actually get these "free" VPs you will be running heroics on your alts as usual. knowing 'their class' has nothing to do with gear or knowing an encounter. and I'd rather prefer geared dumbfucks who don't know their class, than pvp-blue-geared idiots who is just waste of a group spot in every aspect of it.

this daily blink not just not funny, it's plain stupid.

With that valor buff, i think i'll play my alts again

If the valor buff raised your toon's valor cap, instead of just allowing you to reach cap quicker, that would be amazing!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    There isn't any valor armor/gear. You use valor to upgrade existing gear, and the cap is there to discourage players from holding off too long on valor waiting to upgrade BiS pieces.
    Actually, there is buyable valor gear, quite a bit of it in fact, but it's tied to reputation grinds and costs a lot of VP.

A full set of the vendor valor gear in MoP will require you to be revered with the Shado-Pan, the Klaxxi, the Golden Lotus, and the August Celestials, and costs 19825 valor total.

The weekly cap is still set to 1000, meaning it would take 20 weeks to buy a full set of VP gear for a single character.

So, yeah. They're definitely not "giving away VP gear." They're not really meant to be a way to gear up at all, really. It's moreso a way to fill in missing slots if you're unlucky with drops, which is what token gear was originally designed for (back before tokens were converted to points).

Do not forget, you will also be able to upgrade gear with valor points. I think the cap is more to prevent people from keeping their VP until they have full BiS and then upgrading that gear.